Poll : Oh yeah, I got lucky! - Your favorite item to find on a zombie corpse

MyTJ

Oh yeah, I got lucky! - Your favorite item to find on a zombie corpse  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite (useful) item to find on a zombie?

• Electronics - High-grade (Various Two-way Radios)
    • Electronics - Low-grade (Digital Watch, Earbuds)
    • Health - Pills (various)
    • Weapons - Axe
    • Weapons - Baseball Bat
    • Weapons - Butter Knife
    • Weapons - Kitchen Knife
    • Weapons - Rolling Pin
    • None of the above (Basic loot is good enough)

• 2 weeks later...

There seems to be an overwhelming consensus on axes, albeit I admit I left a couple items out from the initial question and was not sure how changing the answer order (to sort alphabetically) would impact the process.

Was I wrong to excludes the many bags you can get, the literature, pills... and of course the clutter? Everything but the clutter was accidental.

1) In my opinion, the first category is useful at first but there comes a point where you have more then enough of them;

2) The second category is overshadowed by food or antidepressants in regard to boredom (or traits such as agoraphobia) but they can serve as fuel, however, there are more then enough fuel to be found with basic zombie loot (ripped sheets last 5 minutes each, they are cumulative so if you throw 18 of them you can cook a stew);

3) Pills would have been a decent addition to the list, in my opinion... at least some of them (antidepressants, sleeping pills... that's about it); (edit : oops, I did in fact include this category...)

4) Clutter is useless in itself so it was always intended to be omitted from the list, this is meant with no disrespect to people that aim to collect one of any items and some of those can only be found on zombies' corpse;

these aren't corpse finds, but i'm always happy to see rope/big hiking bag/axe/sledgehammer/empty gas can/screwdriver/hunting knife/cooking pot/beta blockers/water bottle/hammer/saw

and there's never too many nails

i'm also very interested in ranchers, 5 door valulines, and police nyalas

Cigarettes or beta blockers - I never need anti-depressants. Finding a brand axe can be nice but also a bummer if I already have plenty of axes and I'm loaded down w/ loot- I usually play w/ the Bedford map.  It's a tough thing more me to leave behind 'cause of the times when axes *were* rare. lol 

7 hours ago, wanderinbilly said:

Cigarettes or beta blockers - I never need anti-depressants. Finding a brand axe can be nice but also a bummer if I already have plenty of axes and I'm loaded down w/ loot- I usually play w/ the Bedford map.  It's a tough thing more me to leave behind 'cause of the times when axes *were* rare. lol 

From your post, it seems you should vote on "Health - Pills (various)" even if it does not include cigarette explicitely. Your post is quite clear that cigarettes should be included for the implicit reason of reducing stress.

19 hours ago, MyTJ said:

From your post, it seems you should vote on "Health - Pills (various)" even if it does not include cigarette explicitely. Your post is quite clear that cigarettes should be included for the implicit reason of reducing stress.

Mmm...no.  Cigarettes are needed for the smoking trait which I often take. Yes, if withdrawal gets bad enough anti-depressants can be used, but cigarettes have a specific purpose. Maybe, just maybe, the poll could have been designed better? To have rolling pins and butter knives on there at all is just ludicrous imo.

Archived