How to use Tile Mode? (BuildingEd) (SOLVED)

RyGuy_McFly

So I've been trying to get the hang of the building editor for a while now, and I finally figured out how to place all the tiles that you can't place in furniture mode (specific building signs, all the stuff from Buildings>Tiles...), but when I put them down in Tile Mode, they always clip into the walls and otherwise look bad. I've seen tutorials on adding new tiles, like doors (for example, this: https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/23263-sliding-glass-doors-new-textures-heres-how/) but I can't get anything to work for me if I try adding it from the tiles menu. It always appears as invisible, no matter what I try and use, what I set it as, etc. This is very frustrating because I see people using these tiles in their maps so there has to be a way, I feel like I'm missing a big part of the editor =(

Any help would be appreciated, I'm available on discord pretty much all day if you'd rather =)

Thanks guys, I really want to be an involved member of this community and really get into mapping!

Edited by RyGuy_McFly

When in tile mode their are different layers in the top right window. Floor, wall, furniture etc. The layers at the top will appear ABOVE the layers at the bottom. So if you want to place wall signs it will need to be a layer above wall1 or wall 2.

I usually use furniture or wallfurniture to place signs etc. Here you can see i placed the icecream sign on the wall as wallfurniture3.

Does this solve your problem?

image.thumb.png.59e43239faba3cef53dcb2fcacffb662.png

Edited by Neutz

Yes, if you place those as furniture layer they will be just like you placed them in the normal mode. The tiles themselves have properties so they will work in game no matter what layer you place them as.

One thing to note don't rotate your building once placing tiles in tile mode or you will lose all of them when you rotate it, I have no idea why its like this but you only make the mistake once haha..

Edited by Neutz