Official Translation Files V2
4 4

18 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

We have made it so that translation files are now hosted over at GitHub to have a centralised place for collaboration when it comes to Translations. It makes it, so we have it all in one location know when translators complete work on translations and more expediently get them placed into the game.

 

Translation Files Here: https://github.com/TheIndieStone/ProjectZomboidTranslations

 

If you want access to the repo as a contributor leave a message here with your username or email for GitHub (or PM me) (what language you want to contribute for) and I'll get you added. Alternatively, you can fork the repo as a means of contributing.

 

We have also created a translations channel on Discord where Translators can discuss changes and such, it will also be a location where we notify of any changes to the English side of the files so you can be more up to date on when the changes happen. You can also follow the forum thread, if you prefer, here: https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/23807-translation-files-update-notifications/

 

The discord channel also has a Translator role that you can be added to, that will be used specifically as a means of directing pinging people on Discord when changes to the English files have been made. (Turns out Discord doesn't work like this :( )

 

If you are a main language "Leader" of sorts, I can get you setup with more permissions on the repo to give you a bit of autonomy.

 

Completely new to GitHub? Give this guide a read: https://guides.github.com/activities/hello-world/ I also suggest getting the GitHub desktop client for beginners, to make things a bit easier: https://desktop.github.com/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI @Connall, I finally started used GitHub. My usernam there is Tee-see, and I'm the main translator / coordinator for the French translation :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Teesee said:

HI @Connall, I finally started used GitHub. My usernam there is Tee-see, and I'm the main translator / coordinator for the French translation :)

 

Added, I think!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I've been fiddling a bit with the diffs on EN files, and I have to say it's pretty neat. Using GitHub will definitely help us check the modified lines, not only the new ones. Thanks a lot!

 

@Connall and @Batsphinx, I may have missed it, but is there a "best way" to provide you the translated files? We used to send you a link on this topic (see below, link integration is messed up right now), but is it still the right procedure?

 

https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2103-official-translation-files/&page=34

 

Edited by Teesee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Teesee said:

I've been fiddling a bit with the diffs on EN files, and I have to say it's pretty neat. Using GitHub will definitely help us check the modified lines, not only the new ones. Thanks a lot!

 

@Connall and @Batsphinx, I may have missed it, but is there a "best way" to provide you the translated files? We used to send you a link on this topic (see below, link integration is messed up right now), but is it still the right procedure?

 

https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2103-official-translation-files/&page=34

 

 

If you know you're way around GitHub and are able to use it, then that's the best way is just to contribute directly to the repository. If you're not so familiar it's alright to post the folder here or send me a PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Connall said:

 

If you know you're way around GitHub and are able to use it, then that's the best way is just to contribute directly to the repository. If you're not so familiar it's alright to post the folder here or send me a PM.

 

I can't create a new branch on the https://github.com/TheIndieStone/ProjectZomboidTranslations repo... I wanted to add the French branch and put my FR folder in order to send you a pull request. Maybe you need to add me as a contributor?

 

EDIT: NVM, I just found how to notify you. You'll see the issue on GitHub, sorry!

Edited by Teesee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems like the Russian files for translations might be a bit behind and we have been getting some complaints, it would be great if anyone who can translate into Russian with a good degree of accuracy, could take a crack at maybe translating some files or just a couple of strings. Every little helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! @Connall I'm the main translator of the Spanish-Argentinian language (/AR). Can you please add me in GitHub so I can update the repo files? (user: zolfuz)
Thanks in advance! :D 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, zolfuz said:

Hi! @Connall I'm the main translator of the Spanish-Argentinian language (/AR). Can you please add me in GitHub so I can update the repo files? (user: zolfuz)
Thanks in advance! :D 


 

Done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SmartSteam said:

Hi! @Connall i want to help you with the russian translation (/ru). My nickname in GitHub (Smart101Steam).

 

 

 

Added

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Connall

 

Hey, I don't mean to rush you or anything but the current PL translation that comes with the game is seriously outdated and we start to have people asking if it's even still being translated.

I don't know about other languages, but I think it's time to use the latest files from github and push them into the game.

 

I think best would be to setup some sort of automatic weekly update or something so we can avoid this happening in the future.

 

Thanks!

Edited by Geras

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/07/2018 at 11:22 AM, Geras said:

@Connall

 

Hey, I don't mean to rush you or anything but the current PL translation that comes with the game is seriously outdated and we start to have people asking if it's even still being translated.

I don't know about other languages, but I think it's time to use the latest files from github and push them into the game.

 

I think best would be to setup some sort of automatic weekly update or something so we can avoid this happening in the future.

 

Thanks!

 

As soon as a push request gets sent to master and I pull it in, the files get put into the codebase. Branches outside of master are treated as WIP and I don't pull them. So in the case of the polish branch, it hasn't been going in because there's been no pull/merge request to master.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Connall said:

 

As soon as a push request gets sent to master and I pull it in, the files get put into the codebase. Branches outside of master are treated as WIP and I don't pull them. So in the case of the polish branch, it hasn't been going in because there's been no pull/merge request to master.

 

Thanks. I'll facepalm myself out xd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
4 4