Info

Cheat Mod. Just for fun. 

I created this cheat mod to clean up and repair places I tend to stay at. I can't stand looking at broken windows ;-)

I'll also added a few features I either couldn't find in other mods, or where I thought the implementation could be improved.

Tested in "Sandbox Mode" on Steam v36.66.3

Download here:

MindMod v0.9.zip

Mind Mod features:

Provides additional options when right clicking on field ("Focus Mind and" with additional submenus).
Most options below are interactive, aka will only appear in submenus if available (e.g., door not locked -> unlock will not appear).
Shows also tooltips for every option, providing you with more details what they do.

This mod allows you via right click to:
-> repair windows with broken glass or where broken glass has been removed
-> remove corpses
-> remove blood drops
-> area effects (Remove blood/corpses, vaporize corpses, kill zombies)
-> unlock locked doors and windows
-> create backpack item "Bag of Holding" with WeightReduction = 100% and Capacity = 1000
-> teleport (up/down or to selected field)
-> maximize XP of skills 
-> toggle immortality (depending on settings in Sandbox mode, you can still die)

Below are some additional features used for debugging. To activate set in file MindMod.lua variable MindMod.debugMode=true.
- Infrastructure options (Currently only shows when water and electricity shut-off occur)
- create some more items (Sandwich, nails and wood)

##Repair windows##
Interactive menu. Only appear when clicking on broken windows.
Tested on all windows based on Tiles from 17-Nov-2017. Should work for all windows of Build v36.66.3. New windows added by mods or after Build v36.66.3 most probably can't be repaired. 
Also works on all windows where glass has been removed with the following exception: Due to how the engine works, this will not work for most "small" windows in residential homes.

##Remove corpses##
Interactive menu. Only appear when clicking or standing on corpses.
Corpses are removed and all their belongings are dropped on the floor, e.g. keys, cloths, etc...

##Remove blood##
Interactive menu. Only appear when clicking or standing on blood.

##Area effects##
Menu always available.
In area surrounding selected square you can:
- remove all blood 
- remove all corpses (drops loot)
- vaporize corpses (no loot drop)
- kill all zombies that walk around 
Area size is a rectangle (51 x 51 fields).

##Unlock doors/ windows##
Interactive menu. Only appear when clicking on locked doors or locked windows.

##Teleport##
Interactive menu. If target field is not valid, options are not available. 
Allows to teleport to selected field or up/down.
Invalid fields are air, water or in general field you would not be normally able to walk on.

##Max. XP of skills##
Interactive menu. If skills are already maxed out, options are not available. 
Will give proper max. XP to skill. Also adds proper overall XP and skill points to player.
You can then manually level up to any desired level of the skill, ranging from level 1 to level 10)

Credits:

Many thanks to the active modding community. Helped me a lot to get things started in 2016 and to learn lua by browsing through existing files.

Special thanks to:
- the creators of Project Zomboid
- RoboMat (Lockpicking Mod) 
- johndough (Corpse Mod)
- dida55s (MultiHack 1.0)

If you like cheat modes with massive amount of features I can also recommend "Cheat Menu" by ethanwdp and "NecroForge" by Svarog

Misc:

##How to increase free trait points at character creation:##  
-> In Project Zomboid installation folder open \media\lua\client\OptionScreens\CharacterCreationProfession.lua
-> Change self.pointToSpend = 0; to self.pointToSpend = 200; This should be enough to select all traits

##How to enable debugging:##  
Hold shift key while starting ProjectZomboid.exe

Installing
Check this topic to see how to install mods:
http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/1395-how-to-install-uninstall-mods/
Don't forget to double click the mod in the "mod menu". When you see the green hook, you're good.

Known Issues

Currently none

Changelog
v0.9 Updated and moved all options back from debug
- Added "Area effects". When clicked on field, it executes in surrounding area following options: Remove Corpses (drop items), Vaporize Corpses (No loot drop), Remove Blood, Kill all Zombies
- Updated teleporting. Now only allows to teleport to valid fields.
- Updated max. XP functionality: All skills beside the passive ones are now available. If used, not only the skills XP but also the players global XP is correctly updated. This also takes existing XP into the calculation.
- Checked all broken windows/ windows where glass has been removed for v38.30 and IWBUMS 39.56. 

v0.8 Updated for ProjectZomboid Version 38.30
- When unlocking doors/windows, they don't automatically open anymore
- Added option to remove blood
- Removed some options to be only available now in debug mode
v0.7 Added Immortality
Added sub menu to toggle between "Become immortal" and "Become Mortal". Restriction: You can still die if you play in Sandbox Mode with extreme settings (e.g Infection rate to instant or super strong zombies).
v0.6 Repair windows function fixed
Checked all windows of Build 26. Implemented additional checks and logic to make sure windows are always properly repaired. Windows added by mods are no longer repairable.
v0.5 Added repair windows and fishing skill
- Added fishing to "Max. Skill" menu
- Added repair windows (works only on broken windows that are not barricaded). Lots of workarounds were necessary to repair the windows, since PZ doesn't have getter/setters for "destroyed", "Health" and "closedSprite". Thanks to JD-GUI, I was able to disassemble the PZ JAVA code, finding and exploiting loopholes in IsoWindow.class.
v0.4 Revamped complete code
- Streamlined code (UserInterface and TimedActions)
    -> Moved unlock Door/Window into "Focus Mind" menu
    -> More dynamic menus: only shows valid options (e.g. "remove corpse" menu not showing, if there are corpses on the field selected)
    -> Separated "Focus Mind" functionality and moved into Timed Actions (except "create items" - tbd)
- Added additional teleportation options to teleport:
    -> Teleport one floor up (not above level 4)
    -> Teleport one floor down (not below level 0)
v0.3 Bugfix & Teleportation
- Fixed screen zoom level bug. Corpses the player clicked on are now removed regardless of screen zoom level
- "Focus Mind": Added sub menu "Teleport" that teleports the player to the selected square
v0.2 Minor bugfix
- Fixed bug where freshly killed zombies could only be deleted after reloading the game
v0.1 - First release
- Added unlock doors and windows via right click context menu "Focus Mind and Unlock..."
- Right clicking anywhere -> "Focus Mind and" Menu added
- "Focus Mind": Added sub menu "Max. Skill" that allows to maximize XP for each skill (Still requires manual leveling up in "skills" tab)
- "Focus Mind": Added sub menu "Create item" that can create:
    -> 1 "Bag of Holding" with WeightReduction = 100% and Capacity = 1000
    -> 5 "Planks"
    -> 20 "Nails"
    -> 1 "Grilled Cheese Sandwich"
- "Focus Mind": Added sub menu "Remove Corpse" that removes corpses and drops all items from the corpse on the ground:
    -> the player is standing on (works always)
    or
    -> the player clicked on (Bugged. Doesn't always work. Depends on screen zoom level. -> Seems to be an issue with Planet Zomboid's ISCoordConversion.ToWorld method, identifing the coordinates of the square the player has clicked on.)

Edited by UNo

• 3 weeks later...

On stable build 39 in latest version of the mod  there is only one option that shows up: create item -> Bag of holding.  Window repair works perfectly but teleportation, max skill options and rest of items (create ->planks, nails, grilled chese sandwich) are gone. Is it a bug or it was intentional? Thanks and btw, great mod!

7 hours ago, Remix31 said:

On stable build 39 in latest version of the mod  there is only one option that shows up: create item -> Bag of holding.  Window repair works perfectly but teleportation, max skill options and rest of items (create ->planks, nails, grilled chese sandwich) are gone. Is it a bug or it was intentional? Thanks and btw, great mod!

Most options are interactive. I updated the mod description and provided more details on how each one works.

FYI: I reworked and updated most of the options in my latest build (v 0.9).

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the update! This was my first and favorite Mod back in the day, and it's nice to have a way to fix windows before the character meets the crazy carpentry skills requirements.

I'm sad that the grilled cheese sandwich option is missing. It saved quite a few characters.

On 6/21/2018 at 3:01 AM, Gennadios said:

Thanks for the update! This was my first and favorite Mod back in the day, and it's nice to have a way to fix windows before the character meets the crazy carpentry skills requirements.

I'm sad that the grilled cheese sandwich option is missing. It saved quite a few characters.

Grill cheese sandwich option is still in there but moved to debug options. Just open "MindMod.lua"  and set MindMod.debugMode=false to MindMod.debugMode=true.

But honestly, crappy replacement compared to other "create item" mods ;-) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...