PZ through the eyes of a Desura buyer

Ersir

Hi folks,

I remember when I finally bought Project Zomboid, it was somewhere between 2012/2013. Game was, in so many aspects, a completely different experience.

I played it quite a lot, hundreds of hours, for sure. Always loose interest, at some point, however, I knew I would reinstall it, in a year or so.

When I finally reinstalled it, a month ago, I was, for the first time, disappointed. Didn't really notice any change. Decided that I was probably wrong, went to the website, and looked at the "current build status" stuff. I saw a lot of impressive content, but none was included. Beside, all of these were planned features from my last "PZ moment".

Then, I went through the forum, and discovered the vehicle build.

Played it. I, surely, was no longer disappointed; if one thing, I was actually amazed to see such a depth, so many options, so many discrete possibilities, so much content, included the ones I missed during my early game.

There may be many incredible stuff to come (Weather System, new Animations, and NPCs), but the truth is, I did not needed, nor expected, the game to be so complete, immersive, and incredible, when I bought it.

So here I am, posting in a language I haven't been writing for ages, to say a sincere "Thank you, TIS". Thank you for being an honest, devoted, dedicated indie team, which despite a few errors (I still remember the computer theft and the early announcement :D), did a job that none could have done, and none have.

It is rarely brought to you, that players all around the world, admire what you've done and truly enjoy playing it. But we surely do ;).

Cheers mates,

Ersir.

Post Scriptum : I hope someone (no matter who) is gonna be upset by reading the first few lines <3.

I'd like to join in the thanks.

I'm really enjoying this game, and even more since I switched to the Early Access music option some days ago - I love the remastered tracks so much!

After watching the old video/presentation about how (not) to make a game today I realized how much the game has improved since the early days, and I was finally able to realize what a huge amount of work and time you invested into this awesome game.

So yeah, thank you!

PS: I also started playing PZ many years ago, but then paused until one month ago. Actually I don't remember much about how I started playing PZ, except that I died a lot ;D

I also bought it on Desura in 2012 or 2011.     I check it out again every year or two     I recently started playing the vehicle branch and,  wow,  it's amazingly cool   Kudos.     One of my guys spawned with a pickup in the driveway.     It had some fuel so I loaded it up with junk and was preparing to leave when the zeds showed up.     It took three tries to get it started. as they approached   A classic horror movie moment comes to zomboid.       The vehicles were a great move.

Archived