When did you join pz

I'm a long time pz fan 2014 or something i was there when it was just starting it is the first game i ever got on steam because this game is not a game its something great to me something good (I'm from the days of mathas just to let you guys know long time fans will know his name he got me into it) Well based off videos i jumped in on 2013 wow long time ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33c4R5cDHz0

I mean yeah i know some of you are fresh we old people have storys to tell

Heres a tag your self

The firsts 2011 - 2013

They found project zomboid long ago in the olden times  am one of these people maybe from a youtuber mathas

The middles 2014 - 2015

a period of time where people we're seeing change new things wonders but somewhat major things

The youth 2016 - 2017

Somewhat new to project zomboid but there love is strong change has been noticed as the middles bring in new people

the young 2018 - 2019

this is the now as this is still going i can't say much about it but its the wave of new people

The unknown 2020 - on ward

Who knows about these people and what will hook them maybe the time when npcs come

Edited by bearmasksenpai

Since 2011 because i saw this game on russian YT lets-play channel ( Gagatun Feed ), i thought " oh this game is interesting", then abandon it to the 2014. Then, i started to follow it, until now. I am really salty, toxic and impatien person, but i just pleased with fact, how long TIS make this game ( with updating it ofc ) and how much its been changed, of course don't forget the every monday ( now its thursday ) feedback. 

I was introduced to this game by a good buddy of mine in 2015! We played it constantly until we burned ourselves out. Haha. I got re-interested recently with all these great updates and have been playing pretty much on the daily since February 2018.  It's interesting to look back that even in just these passed couple of months how much the game has changed. I'm super pleased with how updates are going and am very excited to see that TIS has for us in the future. :)

I discovered the game on Steam late one night in December 2013. I wanted a game I could play on my Macbook (I know I know, BOO! HISS!) when I wasn't at home or able to play my console. Originating from the north east of England myself, it was exciting to hear the trailer voice-over had a Geordie accent. I was cautious though as I'd never bought an early access game before. What sealed the deal was learning that PZ had no cure or special infected. As a huge Romero fan, this was great as most zombie games have silly special zombies (State of Decay, Left for Dead, Dead island) or a cure (Dead Rising, Dying Light) or both in some cases. I'm not saying those games aren't great (I used to rinse L4D all the time), they just aren't true to my vision of an ideal zombie game.

I downloaded the PZ demo and tried to play using my trackpad. I've never been so frantic whilst playing a video game, trying to figure how to kill a slow moving zombie using the trackpad. Needless to say I died but knew that this was the game I was looking for. Woke up the next morning, immediately went out to buy a mouse and never looked back. Currently at just under 700 hours, mostly vanilla SP. I don't play as much as I used to but I'm always on the forum and checking out the Thursdoids. Once animations are in a test build, I'll get back on the horse.

2017, I was 13. I'm still 13 when I watched "Ross's 23 Most Anticipated Games" list. Anyway the concept of a realistic zombie apocalypse survival simulator seemed like a swell idea, the trailers and updates got me hooked. I tried the demo, not a fan, but I knew I'd like it if I wasn't infected so I weeded a couple yards and earned a $20. Then purchased a GameStop Steam Gift Card, used those Steam funds to buy the game.

It was hard at first, but I like it now. Currently I only have 171 hours.

I'm not playing right now due to the game seeming to be boring without new mechanics, npcs  to spice things up, the vehicle build isn't exactly enough but It added a couple hours into the game. I'll wait.

i was lookin for a zombie mall game on google images and eventually found a link to a mall map mod for the game way back before these forums existed and the game still had sprites

think around 2013? or 14 maybe. i wasnt much of a fan back then cause it got boring fast and i still think its very boring so i havent played this for like 2 years now but im still patiently waiting for animations and npcs to release and then im sure a lot of people are  gonna go play this instead of dayz and the game and multiplayer will be alive again 

im still checkin out the thursdoids every week just waiting for the day that the good stuff will release

Edited by xXxFANCYCAPYBARA36xXx

I like how happy you guys are to wait for NPCS To be fair? 

Thanks for the input i found it in 2013 and i followed the game i could not buy it so i stay updated on it for a while then followed it off and on until 2017 i got the game on steam and its my most played

i play on survival my self there isn't a lot of food everything feels like its been picked clean but you know whatever 

I started playing PZ back in May of 2017  around the Vehicles build starting. when watching some zombie games on YouTube and ran into some PZ game play before buying this game. The you-tuber Cromulent Archer  game play videos inspired me to buy PZ. One day I decided to go to the store and buy a $20 Steam gift card and went home to buy PZ and get right into the game. even as of 2018 I still think that PZ is still a good game with all that good content and bug fixing really paid off and worth the price to play.

TIS had been formed for about a month or less, I played their first alpha release.

...The wait has been long, but I keep playing the old alpha and it's changed vastly. The animations launch will push this to my favourite zombie game. No other game really encapsulates the classic romero experience. Well maybe Cataclysm with a few mods but the art style of PZ is what hooks me.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎02 at 3:26 AM, bearmasksenpai said:

(...)

The middles 2014 - 2015

a period of time where people we're seeing change new things wonders but somewhat major things

(...)

This

2013. Achieved the glorious rank of “Advanced Member”. Created the Spiffo collections mod. Invented the “Legacy” play system (play till death then pass the save to another person to play until death then repeat to infinity. You end up with a lived in world full of mysteries and deceased player journals). This is how we died.

Haven't played in ages but I check back from time to time. New animation system will probably suck me back in.

I pirated it back in 2014 and 2015, took a break from it, in 2016 made my debut on the Indie Stone forums, and got in 2017 a free copy of the game from a friend who tested servers and had been given free keys. Now I've been taking a break from early 2018 until now to focus on my education, and recently got back to the PZ World. I do hope to see 10+ story buildings in the near future and will continue to make my buildings for the Union City Map.

In March 2015 I bought PZ on Steam,then I was 16 years old and then this game gave more than hours of fun- I realized that PZ is that game about zomie survival which I always want to play. A lot of time has passed since 2015, and now I glad to see many changes from build 31 to build 39, in 2015-2016 I can't even imagine many aspects of game like graves,annoted maps,nutrition system and more other things. I don't know  for sure all features that will be added in future, but I'm sure  that  PZ would be one of  the best survival games,not only about zombies.

Hello, my name is not Aricane, but nickname is. I joined 23th july 2013 (edit: actually a weeks earlier. 23th was the date we were migrated to this site :D) because I found bug first time I opened the game. From then on I just rubbed myself into this lovable game and did a whole lot of stuff with it :).

I want to thank someone because this is actually my first post in several years, and I'm surprised not to find any cobwebs in my profile page. Who's been keeping it clean and tidy for my return?

Edited by Aricane
A slight specification

Bought the game back when you had to buy another game to get it. Maybe 2011-2012, was only occasionally on the original forums but was on the fringe of the community. Contributed to sites like pz-guides and such, eventually taking a break until I saw a tweet asking for people to contribute to the wiki. Joined the new forums at the end of 2013, contributed to the wiki eventually taking it over. When Multiplayer came out I offered support to people who needed it, writing guides until eventually I was made a moderator. Continued contributing before being made an Administrator, contributing to their site and writing their bug tracker.  Moved to Newcastle and became a dev, a year-year and a half ago now.

11 hours ago, Connall said:

Bought the game back when you had to buy another game to get it. Maybe 2011-2012, was only occasionally on the original forums but was on the fringe of the community. Contributed to sites like pz-guides and such, eventually taking a break until I saw a tweet asking for people to contribute to the wiki. Joined the new forums at the end of 2013, contributed to the wiki eventually taking it over. When Multiplayer came out I offered support to people who needed it, writing guides until eventually I was made a moderator. Continued contributing before being made an Administrator, contributing to their site and writing their bug tracker.  Moved to Newcastle and became a dev, a year-year and a half ago now.

I know it's a little late but congratulations with the awesome promotion :)

10 minutes ago, VikiDikiRUS said:

Well... I saw PZ on youtube, like most of people, i guess. And bought it at Desura, in middle of 2013. So, can I consider myself as PZ-oldfag?

gaga.png

Oldfag ? the two words seem to be a bit out of context.