(Poll who wants to live in a car?)

How many of you guys want to live in car in pz? (Poll)  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you?

• I do want to live in a car
    • No not really
    • Maybe as a backup for an over run safe house
    • Until i can get what i need to make a safe house
    • Unsure
    • Well in a van, Not anything small
    • I do not want a car at all No thank you there big noise things

wouldnt wanna live in any type of car other than an RV, but i definitely enjoy sleeping in cars (aslong as its spacey)

whenever i skip school and my moms at home i sleep in the car of my dad to avoid gettin a sandal to my face, i pick my warmest comfiest coziest jacket along with my coziest sweatpants along with the thickest socks i got and sleep in the back and on god now when its rainy outside but its just the right amount of cold, its legit comfier than sleeping in my bed at home

As long as it stays feasible to survive in a vehicle - gas or car parts will eventually be the 'stopping' point. Without 'fresh' gas supplies, it's hard to say how long it would actually take, I've ran a handful of vehicles with 'bad' gas before, but it takes a lot of 'fresher' gas and additives to get it back to 'running' condition - I'm not the mechanic of the family, but I know a bit from spending time at the family's garage. They run awful rough with bad gas, and even draining the fuel tank won't stop problems from developing with a vehicle that is stationary. Rubber suffers from dry rot, for trying to part out from other vehicles - other problems like belts that have cracked from the non-use they had, tires ran on until they peeled like an onion, cracked metal pipes (exhaust), missing clamps, missing bolts that vibrated loose, etc. All of that takes it's toll. 

Between Mythbuster's experiments with 'makeshift' tires; I'm fairly confident if you had the welding, mechanical, and engineering skills necessary, you could probably create (mad max) solutions to some of these problems - but at some point you will be dealing with a fuel shortage.

In line with the BugOut option surviving in a vehicle temporarily would be interesting... Imagine waking up surrounded by hundreds of zombies just below you on the island which is your roof mounted tent...

I hope to see vehicle upgrades like roof racks, lights, auxiliary battery, etc...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived