NPC MOD version snapshot

bb_boy

Somebody's got to take one for the team...

...Nose goes 

See above.

pan.baidu.com/s/1BXjbF is a download link for what appears to be a mod. Damned the chance of viruses and tried it on the recent version of the game, but of course many changes have happened since 2.9.9.15.

No idea if it's functional or not, or could even be.

Just throws up errors, obviously, with all the chances since 2.9.9.15.

i tried this with version 15 and it worked, i found out that e`? meant take  :shock:

i found this nice lady who gave me some stuff (ax, saw, painkillers and some food), i closed the game, went back in, suddenly she started talking and i was like :huh: then she killed me  :o so i have decided to kill all survivors once i find them, and i will start my chiness lessons this Friday (tophat)   

Someone has to port this mod to .17 and make it english....

Someone just has to...

That would be awesome, the game is too lonely at the moment.

So ehrm, I translated a few of the comments and this one has to be my favorite.

Bow... God is really big

For 15-character fight!!!!!

Reading the comments, you'd think it was a Japanese game show. I have no idea what's going on. 

Mmh... I don't see how it can work..

We can't display chinese characters at the moment, simply because we have to load a .png with all the characters in the font we want, and it's only one 1024x1024 file per font (small, medium, large...), and all the chinese characters will require like 10 1024x1024 files...

So they may took only the japanese symbols ? But I really doubt this can work :P

We can't display chinese characters at the moment, simply because we have to load a .png with all the characters in the font we want, and it's only one 1024x1024 file per font (small, medium, large...), and all the chinese characters will require like 10 1024x1024 files...

So they may took only the japanese symbols ? But I really doubt this can work :P

So they moded the font then?

Also what kind of NPCs are these? How do they work?

Romain, Project Zomboid was translated into Russian way before Indie Stone managed to incorporate Russian symbols in this game, so I'm pretty sure it's possible :P

so i have figured out how to translate this thing and i have been working on it, anyone knows how i can edit .class files?? 

So they moded the font then?

Also what kind of NPCs are these? How do they work?

once and if they join you you can either command them to follow, guard, stay or loot 

also, they help you kill zombies, it is really nice having people around  :-)

I'd be really interested to hear what the Devs take on this is.

Is it a hoax or have some very busy (and capable) Japanese guys been working very hard at delveloping their own strand of PZ from the code?

Ramifications would be interesting to consider, expecially if this is a developer rather than a fanboy in Japan. If they were to release this as a paid product, I hope TIS would have some recourse (I hope it never comes to that, for many reasons) as that's a huge market to miss out on.

Romain, Project Zomboid was translated into Russian way before Indie Stone managed to incorporate Russian symbols in this game, so I'm pretty sure it's possible :P

What this sorcery ? :D

Nah I mean, Russian was easy because you don't have a shit tons of symbol, the real problem here is... How the hell did they hack the code so they can load ALL the chinese symbol ? Need to find a chinese Sherlock Homes to investigate... :D