I cant load items to my car.

B3n

Question

Hi,

I have updated my version with car mods.

I can access the radial menu V button.

However, i cannot load anything into any car.

The trunk access not identified as container.

Please help ! :(

14 answers to this question

So I had the same issue (although I couldn't access car's inventory what so ever); and yes, as Sir EnigmaGrey sad - the Alice pack mod could be the problem, try running the game without it.
I had installed an EasyAccess mod (basically mod that let's you use bags' inventory without equiping it on your back or in your arms) some time before vehicles came to IWBMS branch. And after I tried vehicles with this mod - the issue with cars' inventory came.
Yeah, basically inventory altering mods don't do well with current vehicles for some reason

Have you verified your game files?

Is this on single player? If so, is it an old save from before you went to vehicle branch? That could be the problem.

The only other thing I can think of it to check the car dashboard and make sure the trunk is unlocked from there as well.

Out of interest, how often does this happen, B3n? I mean - does this affect every vehicle you find or is it a one-off sort of thing?

I have managed to reproduce this, but not sure how...yet.  Car boot remains locked, despite having the key. "V" menu doesn't give an option to unlock the boot. Locking/unlocking all doors doesn't do anything...

Time to look for a new car, I'd say :( (while we're looking into this, of course)

1 hour ago, Pandorea said:

how often does this happen ? To all cars yes :(

I have managed to reproduce this, but not sure how...yet.  Car boot remains locked, despite having the key. "V" menu doesn't give an option to unlock the boot. Locking/unlocking all doors doesn't do anything...

Time to look for a new car, I'd say :( (while we're looking into this, of course)

I will try re-update all my files through Project Zomboid Steam library files and start a new one to see if i can actually access any car trunk now :cry: Fingers crossed it will work !

11 hours ago, B3n said:

I will try re-update all my files through Project Zomboid Steam library files and start a new one to see if i can actually access any car trunk now :cry: Fingers crossed it will work !

Uninstalled,

Re-installed,

Update all beta available,

Started a new game,

Still cant access trunk :(

10 hours ago, B3n said:

Hi,

I have updated my version with car mods.

I can access the radial menu V button.

However, i cannot load anything into any car.

The trunk access not identified as container.

Please help ! :(

are you trying to access the trunk through the radial menu? what do you mean you have updated your version with car mods?

Do you mean actual mods, or are you talking about going to the IWBUMS version? 

If IWBUMS, just walk to the trunk and press "e" to open/close it and you will see it in the world inventory box. ( you may need to unlock the trunk first though). 

On 4/27/2018 at 8:24 AM, thejoker954 said:

If IWBUMS, just walk to the trunk and press "e" to open/close it and you will see it in the world inventory box. ( you may need to unlock the trunk first though). 

Yes i cannot do this. The trunk does not identify as a container.

When i walked up to the back of the car the only looting option available is only whatever on the ground :(

Make sure you have the key to the car and everything. You need to go behind the car and press E to open the trunk. Then you should be able to use it as a container.

If that doesn’t work, try it on other cars and see if it works there.

47 minutes ago, Beard said:

Make sure you have the key to the car and everything. You need to go behind the car and press E to open the trunk. Then you should be able to use it as a container.

If that doesn’t work, try it on other cars and see if it works there.

Yup... need key, and must be open before it'll appear in loot window.

Here is me beside my police car.

Blue key icon is for this car :)screenshot_28-04-2018_16-32-32.thumb.png.4b4aa662fd18bda7e780d761fe571fcf.png

Here is me walking toward back of the car.

I pressed E and heard the trunk can open and close.

But i can never access it as a container :(

screenshot_28-04-2018_16-32-23.thumb.png.1e107399a735b839d0307571f4e4347d.png

Archived