QUEST-ION

Element Gaming

Good evening. I would to put the attenction of the devs on the following questions:
We are working on our server, on the writing of new mini-quests that we would to be readable and/or listenable on radio/tv, adding new phrases or modifing the old messages already in it.
We have found the following file: (C://Project Zomboid/Media/Radio/RadioData.txt) and we have found the following lines

text = (what the radio says)
    member = 550510ab-0997-445d-9c4a-6f9acf9a8b3b
    member = b14163e2-3103-4a88-8500-07cdf23ee6c1
    member = 51b3dacb-eea4-4a87-9b5e-005fbb2d67a2
    member = e0e74f88-e00b-4fec-b26d-96ef44d553a5
    member = dfb1a0f4-5472-48fd-b9be-b810bbe36a4f
    member = 93d3954e-fecd-4347-9eb5-ec4628ee8494

But we don't know what these codes are and how to generate others. So..

-What are those numbers under every phrases? And how to generate them?

-To create a meaningful text how we should proceed?
-What is the procedure to insert the Mini-Quests once we crate them?
-Is there a limit to the lenght of the phrases or the text?
-If we would to add others during the time, we just need to updated the mod or to hard reset it?
-Is there a way to award prizes to the players once they complete the quest?

I hope the devs can help us, since we have been supporting this game, with our server, for 4 years, with passion, dedication and professionalism. Thank you.

Will nudge Turbo, as he's probably the only one who knows how radio black magic works. I believe there's a tool you use for writing the radio station stuff and suspect these will be identifiers to link to the strings (perhaps in the translation files?).

Eya @Element Gaming , like lemmy mentioned above the codes you found are identifiers used for translation and versioning of radio data. In fact the .txt file you've opened is a translation file, the actual radio data including station info and what not is in the RadioData.xml.

To create and add your own radio stuff to the game more info can be found here:

https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/21318-wordzed/

Theres an instruction video and a small manual of how to run the program.

Hope thats helpfull! if you run into something feel to send pm or post in the wordzed thread :)

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the answers and sorry if I have not thanked you before, but I'm no longer connected to the forum.

Hello, I would like some help with WordZed and radio changing mods. The issue that I am experiencing relates to the utilization of the xml by the game. When I load the mod, and run a game, I get in the log the error "Unable to parse the file" plus the link to the radio xml file in the mod directory root. I tried also to use the Steam Workshop mod "More Radio" which, although created as well with WordZed, does not provoke the parse error. Alas, even without the error, the mod doesnt work - the original radio stations are not replaced. Could you please check whether WordZed is compatible with latest Project Zomboid patch?

Archived