Multiplayer Bugs , trojan from steam inc

Yurij

Question

Hello good day. 
So probably to tell Indie stone about bugs of indie stone.
When i update my version of the game with my friend to vehicle test we can not play together. 
When I or he start server with or without ( whitelist, public, and other) i can play on this server but when i or my friend join to serverby invite nothing happens, when he try to join to my server in steam overley it say sever dont answer. When i try to play on his server same thing happends.
OK this isnt port cuz on 38 b we play. This isnt crash cash we reinstal game and hand-delete other files (saves and server data) around 40 - 50 on this week. 
OK guys we love your game but cannot play with cars

And today when we try this again. And reinstal game Windows tell me this. I dont know this is joke or no? But if dont remove from carantine steam infinitely download game update.

Thank you.

Безымянный.jpg

18 answers to this question

On 4/20/2018 at 9:02 AM, lemmy101 said:

We've had a few reports of this, and have studied the wav file in question, and it hasn't changed in years, identical in 1s and 0s to the file that's been in the game for years, when we switched from the old map and added ambient sound effects.

We're almost certain it could only possibly be a false positive, and that virus checkers in a recent update must recognize the particular pattern of 1s and 0s in it and flag it incorrectly. It's very unlikely that a wav file could  carry malicious script since its a raw audio format, but either way to be safe, we've removed that file from the next build, and you're safe to delete it now and it shouldn't affect your game.

OP may be on to something, I know that my friends and I ran into the same problem. Inviting through steam on the current IWBUMS version just doesn't work. You have to get the IP and direct connect through the join option in the server lists. May be a false positive that windows defender just won't allow. I know that With Lost Planet 2 we had to allow it in the firewall for Windows Defender because it recognized a file in the folder as a false trojan. 

On 4/20/2018 at 8:54 AM, Yurij said:

When I or he start server with or without ( whitelist, public, and other) i can play on this server but when i or my friend join to serverby invite nothing happens, when he try to join to my server in steam overley it say sever dont answer. When i try to play on his server same thing happends.
OK this isnt port cuz on 38 b we play. This isnt crash cash we reinstal game and hand-delete other files (saves and server data) around 40 - 50 on this week. 

Try to go into Windows Defender and select the WHOLE FOLDER of Project Zomboid to be allowed. 

PapayaKing
can you take screens? can you play on (vehicle test) 41.2 on your server with your friends?

"Inviting through steam on the current IWBUMS version just doesn't work. You have to get the IP and direct connect through the join option in the server lists. "  - can you take picture of that i worth understand what you mean. 
Thanks for you)

Hi,

We've been having the same problems as Yurij for a month or so now as well.

Not sure if it will be of any help but the following link is for the console log when we try to host a game through steam and invite friends directly.

The log contains me hosting a game and inviting, then my friend hosting and sending the invite to me, then me hosting again.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Fb-b4hkdJa5XzbC4KwS4LApF_7PkJ0giQaFS8iOAd4o

Hope it's of some use.

Kind regards

12 hours ago, Chugawuga said:

Hi,

We've been having the same problems as Yurij for a month or so now as well.

Not sure if it will be of any help but the following link is for the console log when we try to host a game through steam and invite friends directly.

The log contains me hosting a game and inviting, then my friend hosting and sending the invite to me, then me hosting again.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Fb-b4hkdJa5XzbC4KwS4LApF_7PkJ0giQaFS8iOAd4o

Hope it's of some use.

Kind regards

Have you tried with the UPnP server option checked?  I don't see any messages about it in the log so the ports might be blocked.

19 minutes ago, EasyPickins said:

Have you tried with the UPnP server option checked?  I don't see any messages about it in the log so the ports might be blocked.

Unfortunately I cannot confirm if UPnP was enabled when running the test for the log in question as I changed my broadband provider and router yesterday.

I can confirm that with my new router, with uPnP enabled, that we experience the exact same issues (we tried playing again last night)

On a side note, I had been hosting a game and inviting my friends for probably 3-4 months and never had an issue, using the exact same settings as those in the log.

Kind regards

21 hours ago, Chugawuga said:

Unfortunately I cannot confirm if UPnP was enabled when running the test for the log in question as I changed my broadband provider and router yesterday.

I can confirm that with my new router, with uPnP enabled, that we experience the exact same issues (we tried playing again last night)

On a side note, I had been hosting a game and inviting my friends for probably 3-4 months and never had an issue, using the exact same settings as those in the log.

Kind regards

1525110641405 ConnectToServerState: Start

1525110641406 ConnectToServerState: TestTCP

This is new to me.  Could you ensure  UseTCPForMapDownloads=false in your /server/servertest.ini file?

3 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

This is new to me.  Could you ensure  UseTCPForMapDownloads=false in your /server/servertest.ini file?

yes it is

If I try to send him an invite through steam itself rather than from within the game he gets the following:

servertest2.png

We've had a few reports of this, and have studied the wav file in question, and it hasn't changed in years, identical in 1s and 0s to the file that's been in the game for years, when we switched from the old map and added ambient sound effects.

We're almost certain it could only possibly be a false positive, and that virus checkers in a recent update must recognize the particular pattern of 1s and 0s in it and flag it incorrectly. It's very unlikely that a wav file could  carry malicious script since its a raw audio format, but either way to be safe, we've removed that file from the next build, and you're safe to delete it now and it shouldn't affect your game.

Thanks, i sleep restly today at night. (wave)
But we have some problems with server on vehicle builds and IMBS builds. 
Problem with server auntefication somebody knows how to fix it because when on 41B pick "multiplayer" i see playebl servers but when i want to join my freind server - nothing happends and when he pick "public" on server settings nobody cant find this server on "multiplayer".  When i pick join by invite absolutly nothing happends. And when my friend try to join my server nothing happends. When we try to join in steam overlay "server dont answer".

Do you have problem with server or may other people have? I tell you that thing because in community every one tells dump things to fix that thing but nothing of they way debug works.

Thank you.)

nothing works with me and my friend we coop with other players and try that we connect directly we use own connection without steam this troble cuz our internet servises build on base like NAT. In NAT we have gray IP and cannot connect with other players only with servers which use white ip. 

Your friend has to invite you from in the game. After he successfully spawns into his server, he can invite you by doing the following:

1. Press ESC

2. Go into the Invite menu near Players on the lower right-hand side

3. Double click your name in the friends list. This should turn the icon on the right from grey to green (Allowed) and display the message "invite sent" at the bottom center of the screen.

A dialog box or chat window will then open on your copy of Steam. Make sure you've closed the game before he sends the invite, else it won't work.

9 hours ago, Yurij said:

and ok i have another question how to replace 115 world to 131 game. Now game crash.

They are not compatible. To continue the save you'll have to move to the build 38.30 branch in Steam instead of playing with vehicles.

I wrote about it on first post, it doesent work
{

1. Press ESC

2. Go into the Invite menu near Players on the lower right-hand side

3. Double click your name in the friends list. This should turn the icon on the right from grey 

}

I am glad to read it but you tell me how it basicly works. Im so sorry that isnt typicle case. When i do it or my friend does, nothing happens.

I check opened or not my ports and reinstall game, i rename Win user from kirilitsa to anglit. Thats type of fixing also dont works.

Ok guys tell please how can i meet with programmers which concider branch of commits. In my opinion somthing went wrong with build or with supply steam in UA. Or Win update.

If someone to know how it seems i with friend can make double screen video and upload it. 

Thanks for trying to help me)

Archived