Now with the sexy cars where are you lads all turtling up?

uncleseano

35 minutes ago, uncleseano said:

Yup... interesting spot. Not a single Zed insight. Warehouse, farmers market and a few houses for odds and ends. It's the ultimate Rancho Relaxo

You must've ran a long ways to get three cars back

Wasn't actually as far as you'd think, mind you I cut across the fields and through the trees, arriving in Rosewood around the school suburb. :D

But yes, it is rather peaceful lol I encountered 1 zomboido in those warehouses north.
I didn't encounter any zomboido in surrounding farm houses. but I did grab fair few fridges XD

I nipped into the college, had some interesting moments there.

Mainly I tripped an alarm and hid with a knife in the centre of the wall of a house while a ton of Zeds poured around it and walked towards the noise. Nice and creepy

Got a sweet Black Muscle Car in perfect condition and managed to fit a charcoal and a propane BBQ into it.

Funny times

Really nice setup. Gorgeous use of props and what not. Did you straight up pick up stuff and drag/drive it there? The wood-burning stove idea is fantastic. My next base I'll look into draggin other items around

I was thinkin of staright up building one from the ground up here

There's wood, water and a nice private road

Actually, I ended there due to a flat tire (blasted ValuTires), so I just headed down there to see if I could find another car. Instead, I found the best place I've ever had. I drew the stuff from a bunch of places, mostly WP.

And yeah, the stove is very useful. It was even close by, as there's a bunch of overgrown, abandoned farms by that T on the road straight south of it. One has the stove.

On 4/26/2018 at 12:34 PM, Blake81 said:

Actually, I ended there due to a flat tire (blasted ValuTires)

This made me laugh, I can totally relate!

Do you recall what the skills required were to move the wood stove?  I didn't realise we could move them, I'll definitely be doing that now

• 2 weeks later...

https://map.projectzomboid.com/?#0.47535734156652176,0.09027511262645901,95.39621664406896

Self Storage near Riverside. I spawned in the Trailer Park nearby. I almost never use the online map, and try to navigate with in-game-maps only. Was pretty surprised when I realized how PERFECT this location is:

- Nearly completely walled off area

- Building has only 3 windows and 1 door that need barricading

- Lots of storage

- Lots of wood

- Nearby buildings include: Trailer Park (lots of loot), Gas Station and Car Repair Shop (gas, car parts...), two large Warehouses (almost guaranteed find of every tool)

- lots of parking areas -> lots of cars

- a short car ride away are: a Farm (farming tools, seeds), the Junkyard (cars and car parts), another Gas Station, the Riverside Police Station, the river for fishing, and even the Enigma Book Store and Pharmacy.

Will post pictures of my base later.

2 hours ago, Larry the Burger Flipper said:

Self Storage near Riverside. I spawned in the Trailer Park nearby.

Hey, hello neighbor!! :D

You know the houses between the Junkyard and the river, right? That's where I'm at. (In my current run I'm trying out Hydrocraft, that's why my base turned into a storage/crafting holiday camp ^.^)

I tried to go to your place some weeks ago, but was stopped by a massive horde of zeds. Maybe after I forged a good sword I'll give it another try and drop in.

20180513122504_1.thumb.jpg.5a14dbab2b16c7c938df7e321dc0bfb1.jpg

Here come some screenshots of my base... it's pretty secure already though it's still on ground level. Not many zeds around here anyway, but Riverside is pretty crowded. Gotta be fast if you want to raid a shop. I lost fellow survivor Robert on a bookstore raid. Tough little guy, he hauled three hiking bags full of books back to our base, dropped them and turned right after...

Right now we are a gang of 7 survivors. It's hard to find enough food. We have to raid far away locations, but the farming is coming along good. We had some pretty close calls with Raider Gangs who wanted to take the base from us. Then we built walls to break their line of sight, no more sniping attacks from outside!

Note the way you organize zombie-proof doors in the vehicle build. Minor Bug Report here, there's still some clipping if you park cars close to structures. The area with the tent in front of the main entrance is to quarantine new members of our group... almost everyone is hurt when we find them; and we can't risk to have them dying and turning inside the base, while the others are sleeping.

@Arya: oh, hey, hello neighbor!! :D Well in my game your place is crowded with zeds... don't know why, what attracks them there? Didn't loot a single house over there...

20180513131810_1.thumb.jpg.562d4d7e90a7fda7f18327bd3c0f11fd.jpg20180513131717_1.thumb.jpg.d9b03f65740d781e703fbfd77912b394.jpg

20180513131645_1.thumb.jpg.f165a563687d1049d6964c69d5cdfb47.jpg20180513131626_1.thumb.jpg.cf91e87330a2a4980d3495c89da7a21a.jpg

Wow, Obese and Out of Shape... that's quite a challenge you've got there!

But your story with Super Survivors sounds really exciting, maybe I'll give it another try in my next run

1 hour ago, Larry the Burger Flipper said:

Right now we are a gang of 7 survivors. It's hard to find enough food.

In order to get more food with farming in the limited space that you have, I may have some tips (may be a bit spoiler, so decide whether you want to read them or not)

Spoiler

Instead of using the wide spacing to prevent spreading of diseases you could just treat diseases before they spread. In my experience treating diseases is rather simple, albeit a bit time consuming. But you're also using HC, so you can save time again with the practical water irrigation.

(In order to loose weight tomatos and broccoli is good, in order to gain weight cabbage and corn is good)

And when you've got time, try hunting with traps.

1 hour ago, Larry the Burger Flipper said:

Well in my game your place is crowded with zeds... don't know why, what attracks them there? Didn't loot a single house over there...

It's just because zeds respawn over time, and if you don't clear them in an area they reach their max population after about a month (unless you changed the sandbox settings)

I just started playing this game again after a long time, and I haven't seen a lot of the new areas like Riverside and March Ridge. So I started a hardcore survival mode game, made a construction worker in Riverside, and spawned into the trailer park to the west of town. That place was not very safe though, so I broke a lot of butter knives killing zombies, looted the park, packed a car full of stuff and moved to the farmhouses to the east.

https://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.49485128467534273,0.08604728537785919,147.15345475509372

It seems mostly safe but there are still small numbers of zombies that wander through now and then. One of them busted out a window and attacked me while I was sleeping downstairs. I still haven't fortified the place though, and I'm not sure I even want to stay there long-term. I'm having an awfully hard time finding axes this playthrough. Even after looting a couple of warehouses including that huge factory next to the trailer park, I've only found one almost broken axe, and I have no materials to fix it.

I found some decent cars though, including one in very good condition. I'm 9 days in and trying to go on a road trip to the gas stations around the map, so I can hoard as much gas as possible before the power goes out. This game is great with the new vehicles.

On 20.5.2018 at 2:11 AM, MeerkatRabbit said:

and moved to the farmhouses to the east

Hey, another neighbor! Welcome :D

In downtown Riverside is a Hardware Store with some axes and wood glue

Archived