Hiding In/Under cars.

Lightning Flash

There's nothing more tense than hiding in a vehicle or under a vehicle while a herd of potentially a thousand zombies shambles on by, and you're just hoping they don't see you and start crawling under to get you.

Depending on the type of vehicle, you'll be able to crawl underneath it. This will more or less conceal you, as long as you're completely still and also not in an open area. This is extremely helpful if your car happens to be right next to a pileup, as there is less chance of you being spotted.

If you hide in your car, you will appear in the backseat of the vehicle or may lay down between both front seats. You will be able to see outside, but doing so may risk you getting spotted. In the case of a large passing herd, this is dangerous, and so you'd be better off relying on the sound of them passing by, and hope the sounds go quiet soon.

Here is a perfect example, from The Walking Dead's season 2 premiere, in which a walker herd shambles along the highway and the main characters are forced to hide under vehicles.

Edited by Lightning Flash

As far as I know, Zed track you by smell, sound and sight. So, if you were hiding in the back seat of a closed car (all windows up and in at least 60% condition), and you kept quiet, I don't see why Zeds should be able to spot you. Same applies to a dumpster, as the trash smell would certainly mask yours (although Unhappiness should be mandatory for long times there, and maybe infection chance on your wounds).

This could work, IMHO.

On 4/15/2018 at 7:41 PM, Blake81 said:

As far as I know, Zed track you by smell, sound and sight. So, if you were hiding in the back seat of a closed car (all windows up and in at least 60% condition), and you kept quiet, I don't see why Zeds should be able to spot you. Same applies to a dumpster, as the trash smell would certainly mask yours (although Unhappiness should be mandatory for long times there, and maybe infection chance on your wounds).

This could work, IMHO.

I think as of right now, smell is still not implemented and is a broken mechanic.