Realism

vV DeadMeat Vv

So I haven't played Project Zomboid yet due to Desura not letting me dowmload the game but I have watched many youtube videos. The game looks super fun and i know it is the Alpha stages but I have some realism problems that are in the game. First off I live in Louisville, Kentucky and I live 15 min away from Muldraugh, Kentucky and i have friends that live there so i know the area. The layout of the town is all wrong, the picture they use for the city is wrong aka the building doesn't exist. I have no problem with the city the game is set in but I wish they had done more research first. Second there are many things missing from the post apocalyptic settings like...... Cars, cars on fire or destroyed, houses on fire, electricity turned off, more weather, far less rain ( it rains like maybe once a week here (maybe), animals ( KY is teaming with wildlife ), military weapons, cammo clothing ( we do live close to fort knox and fort knox is tank training area ), crafting of make shift weapons, fire needs to work in game, drugs ( sorry but they would be there ) drugs and alcohol could make a big diff in game do i really need to explain how ( sanity, comfort, addiction, pain killing, sedation for other survivors and many other applicable  uses ), fortification of houses etc. custom made clothing like tires or duct tape for armor or % of protection. I could go on and on about realism and i know the game is still in it's alpha phase but they have a chance to make the best zombie mmo ever which is what i am looking for. I currently have a paper Zombie survival RPG that would make an awesome game that the Devs could learn alot from cause it has everything you would ever want in a zombie survival game. I look forward to being able to play PZ when they fix an obvious computer compatibility problem which i am facing and some others are too. Please leave your feed back and keep on surviving.

1: This map is a Alpha map meaning that it will be changed up greatly, also it is nearly impossible for them to make a accurate map of the town while keeping the game balanced.

2: They have stated they will add cars when cars begin to be drivable, so it will just be a super update

3: Water and Electricity shut off after 1-2 months

4: More weather? What do you want hurricanes? No i am kidding they have stated they will add snow and other environmental things like it.

5: Animals have been confirmed to be released soon

6.: They may release more weapons soon but it would be nearly pointless considering it would take probably a entire month to get 1 clip of a assault rifle and you would never dare use it. (but there will be mods for more weapons)

7: You can craft makeshift weapons?

8: There is fire in game

9: Drugs are in the game and they do everything you listed.

10: Houses can be fortified

11: Armor has been confirmed as a maybe in the future.

Please read up about the game before posting things like this .

Most of the stuff you are suggesting is either already in game (Electricity turning off after about 2 months) or planned for the game (cars and vehicles ect ect) please look at the Big No's thread before posting stuff like this but the idea is cool anyway ;D

Wow did i not say i know it's an early alpha.... hmmm i think i did. I had mostly positive things to say and yes i should have checked other posts in the forum for my questions but it was just filler. So pull your panties out of your butt crack and chill out guys. The videos i watched on youtube must not have had current builds or they just didn't show them my baaaaaaadddddddd. I would have known more if Desura would let me download the bleeping game. They can say whatever they want about what they plan to put in, I am saying what it needs. Answer to Oddly answer # 1. it would have taken very little effort on their part to get accurate pics and topography for the KY area outside of Fort Knox. other than that oddly thank you for your feed back. Oddly also there are no hurricanes in KY LOLz

Wow did i not say i know it's an early alpha.... hmmm i think i did. I had mostly positive things to say and yes i should have checked other posts in the forum for my questions but it was just filler. So pull your panties out of your butt crack and chill out guys. The videos i watched on youtube must not have had current builds or they just didn't show them my baaaaaaadddddddd. I would have known more if Desura would let me download the bleeping game. They can say whatever they want about what they plan to put in, I am saying what it needs. Answer to Oddly answer # 1. it would have taken very little effort on their part to get accurate pics and topography for the KY area outside of Fort Knox. other than that oddly thank you for your feed back. Oddly also there are no hurricanes in KY LOLz

Accuracy and more features take time, and the devs have lives to deal with. We don't have "our panties in our buttcracks" as you so eloquently put it, we're telling you all of this is either in the game or planned, and you need to read sticky'd threads before you post.

You haven't played the game, you don't know what it needs yet.

Kentucky does actually get weather from hurricanes fairly frequently, if not hurricanes them self. I think KY was affected by hurricane Hugo fairly badly. They did pull pics from muldraugh. There's an overhead pic somewhere that lines up fantastically well with the game.

You need to check your attitude. People were trying to help you. It doesn't really matter whether you think the game needs cars etc- posting the ten thousandth post about it isn't helping anyone.

Welcome to the forums. Please take a brief moment to read the 'read before posting' threads before making any more suggestions.

To everyone else, please don't be rude to HIM either. He is new.

Ok things are getting out of hand.... I felt attacked by the first couple people who responded to my post so i got a little defensive. But I have some answers for you guys. # 1 support tells me nothing i need to know about downloading the game. # 2 there have never been hurricanes in Ky in fact the most we see from hurricanes is heavy rain fall for a couple days so please don't talk to me like you have lived in Ky all your life like me. # 3 to Newbie, i don't need to play a game to know what it needs. a zombie survival game should have all elements of real life end of story. But i am not saying it can't be a good game without.

amendment: support does have a link to download the demo and the pay to play version but i don't trust the source so i will wait for it to be fixed on Desura. Also Advanced Member I don't believe you were even in the comment about panties in your butt crack, So you get a D for effort wasted. To "the expert", you must have the wrong town in Kentucky then because muldraugh does not have a logging company among other things. I can say what i think the game needs no matter what others have posted so don't act so pretentious. I am not attacking the game like i already said, I think the game is pretty cool and I can't wait till I can play it. 

# 2 there have never been hurricanes in Ky in fact the most we see from hurricanes is heavy rain fall for a couple days so please don't talk to me like you have lived in Ky all your life like me.

Very heavy rain fall. And heavy winds, too. Last time the after effects of a hurricane plowed through my area of Kentucky it knocked down a whole lot of trees and flooded a number of roads. It might not be a hurricane by the time it reaches us but it can still have some rather devastating effects on the local area.

IRREGARDLES!

Everyone needs to back up a bit and take a deep breath. Remember, it's just a game. An awesome game, but not something we need to strangle each other over. No more potshots at each other, alright? Alright. 

Also, the game is 'loosely' based on Muldraugh. First and foremost it is a game. If you want to just walk around in an exact replica of Muldraugh, then go for a walk. Certain things were added and removed for gameplay reasons and to make things more diverse. Staying true to reality is good to a certain point, but sometimes you do have to change things a bit because it's a game.

And once again, no one was trying to be rude to you even if people were a bit short. What I was trying to tell you (and I'll say it again) that repeating suggestions because you think they need to be in the game while they're on a list of "planned" things to implement isn't helping anyone, it just clutters up our forum. Yes, we know the game needs cars. They're being worked on. There's even a test of concept video of them in the blog posts. The same is true for most of your other suggestions.

Wow again...... I don't care about cars so why even mention that. You seem a little disgruntled. Umm I do check my facts and don't side with someone from Kentucky who is pretty much confirming what I already said, that there is and never will be a hurricane in KY. We always get damaging winds and flooding (alot of Kentucky is built on flood plains and marsh lands so yes it will flood). I don't care about being attacked anymore on this retarded forum of people who just can't hear an opinion and be constructive instead of be short or attack the person who voices their opinion. Some of the comments were informative and funny and I applaud those users for understanding what I was saying in contrast to what I have seen of the game. Stop defending the game like you are some butt hurt dev who has a baby someone said needs a nose job. It's ok you don't have to like me or agree with me, I don't expect you to. I just wanted to get feedback that was constructive. I never said hey this game sucks cause it's not an exact replica of muldraugh, ky I just pointed out how it's not correct. (which is fine, it's just my view and my opinion) chill out

​So my one post clutters your entire forum?! I seriously doubt that. I understand you may have a list of things to implement as this was my first time even posting in a forum and my first time on your site, my short time looking through your forum posts I just voiced what I thought would make the game better. I never said hey you stupid dev take my ideas down with all the other ideas you have whether they be alike or not. Just cause someone else says something doesn't mean no one else can ever say that. That sounds like a forum Nazi to me. just sayin. 

>.<

Listen, buddy. Without even playing the game, you came in here and said you had some problems with elements in the game. Half of the stuff you complained about being missing were in the game, and most of the rest of the stuff you complained about are listed as works in progress in the stickied thread you should have looked through before posting here.

Yes, some of the responses you got were a bit more rude than they might have been, but then you turned around and started mouthing off like a bratty teenager. After that, all the flak you got was deserved.

Wow again...... I don't care about cars so why even mention that. You seem a little disgruntled. Umm I do check my facts and don't side with someone from Kentucky who is pretty much confirming what I already said, that there is and never will be a hurricane in KY. We always get damaging winds and flooding (alot of Kentucky is built on flood plains and marsh lands so yes it will flood). I don't care about being attacked anymore on this retarded forum of people who just can't hear an opinion and be constructive instead of be short or attack the person who voices their opinion. Some of the comments were informative and funny and I applaud those users for understanding what I was saying in contrast to what I have seen of the game. Stop defending the game like you are some butt hurt dev who has a baby someone said needs a nose job. It's ok you don't have to like me or agree with me, I don't expect you to. I just wanted to get feedback that was constructive. I never said hey this game sucks cause it's not an exact replica of muldraugh, ky I just pointed out how it's not correct. (which is fine, it's just my view and my opinion) chill out

​So my one post clutters your entire forum?! I seriously doubt that. I understand you may have a list of things to implement as this was my first time even posting in a forum and my first time on your site, my short time looking through your forum posts I just voiced what I thought would make the game better. I never said hey you stupid dev take my ideas down with all the other ideas you have whether they be alike or not. Just cause someone else says something doesn't mean no one else can ever say that. That sounds like a forum Nazi to me. just sayin. 

Dude, calm down or you're going to get banned. I agree people shouldn't be rude but you being rude back accomplishes nothing but getting you in trouble, I don't know what the moderators opinions on this particular thing is but calling people 'retarded' as a hurtful and demeaning insult is a big no. Don't refer to people as Nazi's in a serious tone whether you put forum behind it or not and ... Do you really need to explain all of this to you? Act civil please and we'll all get along fine, I don't want to fight with you I just want you to calm down so that you don't get in anymore trouble.

Now as for your actual comment, yes most were suggested and believe me I understand being defensive your first time here and feeling like people are jumping on you, in fact, you're talking to the guy that got verbally assaulted with jokes for being an American and suggesting having the time changed from 24 hour to 12 hour and not even changing just an option to swap it, so believe me when I say that I've felt the whole "this forum is mean and everyone on it are jerk butts" but if you change your attitude then things will go a lot more smoothly for you. Start by reading my comment in strides and understanding that I'm not attacking you right now, I'm trying to help you.

It doesn't matter if the map is a bit off even when it finally releases they want it loosely based on the real thing, not instructions for pedobears to go find innocent prey and that's kind of the first thing I thought of when I read that complaint. Next, who cares about hurricanes and all of that? Is it really necessary to argue with people over? I liked some of your suggestions, I can't remember which ones they are off the top of my head but I did and this can all be settled by looking at your original post and editing it just a tiny bit.

I disagree, except for one point yes I should have looked at the other forum posts which I already said, But it shouldn't be a problem for me to say what the game needs. I am not your buddy, buddy. I don't really care what you have to say anymore after your bratty teenager comment. If anything came off as rude at first I apologize but i was only rude because I felt I was being attacked other than that I don't care about what you have to say KFG.

Dude, calm down or you're going to get banned. I agree people shouldn't be rude but you being rude back accomplishes nothing but getting you in trouble, I don't know what the moderators opinions on this particular thing is but calling people 'retarded' as a hurtful and demeaning insult is a big no. Don't refer to people as Nazi's in a serious tone whether you put forum behind it or not and ... Do you really need to explain all of this to you? Act civil please and we'll all get along fine, I don't want to fight with you I just want you to calm down so that you don't get in anymore trouble.

Now as for your actual comment, yes most were suggested and believe me I understand being defensive your first time here and feeling like people are jumping on you, in fact, you're talking to the guy that got verbally assaulted with jokes for being an American and suggesting having the time changed from 24 hour to 12 hour and not even changing just an option to swap it, so believe me when I say that I've felt the whole "this forum is mean and everyone on it are jerk butts" but if you change your attitude then things will go a lot more smoothly for you. Start by reading my comment in strides and understanding that I'm not attacking you right now, I'm trying to help you.

It doesn't matter if the map is a bit off even when it finally releases they want it loosely based on the real thing, not instructions for pedobears to go find innocent prey and that's kind of the first thing I thought of when I read that complaint. Next, who cares about hurricanes and all of that? Is it really necessary to argue with people over? I liked some of your suggestions, I can't remember which ones they are off the top of my head but I did and this can all be settled by looking at your original post and editing it just a tiny bit.

ok so I agree with most of what you said. I never called anyone retarded, it is not demeaning to call something retarded now to call a person that I agree with. I already stated that I just pointed out in my opinion what was wrong with the town lay out.  

ok so I agree with most of what you said. I never called anyone retarded, it is not demeaning to call something retarded now to call a person that I agree with. I already stated that I just pointed out in my opinion what was wrong with the town lay out.  

Oh well my mistake, maybe I forgot what I read because I have terrible memory loss. But just cool down man, people are gonna be jerks sometimes and it doesn't necessarily mean they are (sometimes they are) but most of the time it's a misunderstanding and I think that's what happened here, the misunderstanding just got way out of hand.