Looking for help editing vehicle storage amounts

RickL

As the title says, I'm seeking help on editing the amount vehicle storage can hold.

I've found everything, I think, in the vehicle scripts about trunks, truck boxes, gloves boxes and seats, but whatever I've edited does not take effect ingame. I thought that since the storage parts of vehicles are set as containers, it would be as simple as editing the amount they can hold within the scripts. This is not so.

I've browsed through the LUA, even though LUA is not a strong point for me, nothing caught my attention as to the amount they can hold.

Is the actual amount hardcoded? Am I not editing the proper scripts or LUA files?

steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\scripts\vehiclesvehicleitems.txt 

Those are the ones you need to mod. The Trunk item Property themselves. Changed MaxCapacity value to 250 on SmallTrunk1 just to check and got a SmallCar that randomly spawned on a new game to have 200 capacity (Not 250 because it spawned with damaged trunk I guess).

Edited by Svarog

3 minutes ago, RickL said:

Don't beer and mod kids.

I was on beer #3 (Polish one with 7,6% vol, we got those in 0,5l bottles or more, we only get CocaCola in small tiny cans) when I tested (Just to see if I could figure out what to mod [took me 5mins]) that so... You're wrong.

Edited by Svarog

But you have much more experience than I or most others do when it comes to modding, so you would know where to look and exactly what to edit.  As I said, I edited the ones that seemed logical to me but went off in the wrong direction.

14 minutes ago, RickL said:

But you have much more experience than I or most others do when it comes to modding, so you would know where to look and exactly what to edit.  As I said, I edited the ones that seemed logical to me but went off in the wrong direction.

Well... I was aware of that file because of NecroForge so yeah, I was using performance enhancing knowledge.

10 minutes ago, RickL said:

Oh... and I like me some Coronas. And Heinekens. Youu know what... I pretty like much any beer, except for Bud.

Let me know if you ever get to Eastern Poland. The beer I drink is unavailable outside of the region, I'll buy you one.

11 minutes ago, Svarog said:

Let me know if you ever get to Eastern Poland. The beer I drink is unavailable outside of the region, I'll buy you one.

I would love to, but unfortunately I'm semi retired as well as on disability, so the expensive things in life are out for me.  Food, rent/mortgage, beer/wine is pretty much all I can afford now ):

5 minutes ago, RickL said:

I would love to, but unfortunately I'm semi retired as well as on disability, so the expensive things in life are out for me.  Food, rent/mortgage, beer/wine is pretty much all I can afford now ):

Kinda feel the same on a shit contract doing 24h/48h* (*Free time ON CALL THO) Minimum Wage. I long for the time past when I had time to actually take my time and make mods :(

24 minutes ago, RickL said:

You don't even mod skyrim or fo4 anymore?

Is there some guy doing it under my nickname? Or is my dox out there?

Damn I wish I had the time for my F:NV mods or my Wc3 Campaig WIP for 5 years :S

Never published any mods for Skyrim, few for Oblivion and F:NV, some maps for Warcaraft 3 and 2 mas for DooM 2 Project Brutality just because I wanted to laugh at someone who posted his first map and it was utterly worthless (So i dled tools and made something better with zero experience, assholeish behaviour but I wear to gods, I just read the tutorial and nothing more) maps and skins for Unreal. Fck I lost tracfk of the stuff I made that's out there ages ago.

Edited by Svarog

It could have been new vegas , as I also play that game sometimes, but I'm almost 100% sure that there were a couple mods for both, fo4 and skyrim se, that were posted under the alias Svarog. It could have been on nexus or lovers lab. I honestly cannot remember. IIRC, one was a weapon mod and the other was a skin replacement.

Or I totally have the alias name spelt wrong. It may have been Savrog? But in old age, copious amounts of alcohol beverage and pain meds, memory sometimes fails you (;

Also, if you are female, chances are you are one in the same, as the individual that posted the mods to the sites I mentioned, was female.

But that does not matter. What matters is what you do for this community and hopefully life treats you well and you'll get the time do what you do best... mod (:

4 minutes ago, RickL said:

It could have been new vegas , as I also play that game sometimes, but I'm almost 100% sure that there were a couple mods for both, fo4 and skyrim se, that were posted under the alias Svarog. It could have been on nexus or lovers lab. I honestly cannot remember. IIRC, one was a weapon mod and the other was a skin replacement.

Or I totally have the alias name spelt wrong. It may have been Savrog? But in old age, copious amounts of alcohol beverage and pain meds, memory sometimes fails you (;

Also, if you are female, chances are you are one in the same, as the individual that posted the mods to the sites I mentioned, was female.

But that does not matter. What matters is what you do for this community and hopefully life treats you well and you'll get the time do what you do best... mod (:

I don't even own F4 :P And also definitely a "cishetscum" male. Svarog is a name of a Slavic God, not exactly unique :S

And thanks, means a lot to me, would love nothing more than just that, enough time to both play some vidya and go back to modding the games I really enjoy. As is I'd honestly rather play than mod in my free time. Though it legit hurts to know some of my mds for PZ are no longer working I need to update.

I do hope I'll be able to come back with time and be an active member of PZ community.

Then I probably have the spelling of the name wrong or there is another someone using the same alias. Not uncommon to happen, I guess.

Also, I use 75% of your mods and the only one I really have issues with is the Littering mod, and that's only because it does not run well along sind the Icky Stick mod I put together a while back. Your mod gives cooking xp for smoking and mine does not. Your mod also adds empty packs when you carton cigs, whereas mine does not. I'm trying, or have been trying, to merge the two, but the LUA part is giving me issues... or so I think.

I'm more of a gfx guy as opposed to anything else as I spent close to 20 yrs modding civ 2 and 17 yrs for civ 3.

Anyway... this thread went totally OT and I hope the dev/mods don't crap on us for it. But for the most part... they seem to be a lax sort and as long as you're not shitting on people, they let things go.

Once again, I thank you for your help.

Edited by RickL
slightly impaired

• 3 years later...
On 4/15/2018 at 3:59 PM, Svarog said:

steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\scripts\vehiclesvehicleitems.txt 

Those are the ones you need to mod. The Trunk item Property themselves. Changed MaxCapacity value to 250 on SmallTrunk1 just to check and got a SmallCar that randomly spawned on a new game to have 200 capacity (Not 250 because it spawned with damaged trunk I guess).

Thank you so much. I was looking everywhere for that.