What Would You Like To See Included In Future Updates?

alanjohnson

For me its a mixture of cosmetic and game changers.

Lets get the obvious one out the way, NPC's, yes its been posted so much, but i think an official NPC system by the devs would be an excellent addition, i've tried the Super Survivors mod and they still come across as mindless zombies who blindly follow you and require you to give them orders, i would love to see NPC's with a good degree of AI, so they will actually contribute to your survival, they will go out, find food, ammo and weapons etc, grab planks and barricade windows and doors without you even asking them to... Include a mental break system, so if they haven't eaten food for a few days they might go crazy and attack you and other survivors, have survivors group up together and have a basic trading system in place, so if your low on food but have a nice stockpile of guns and ammo, you can trade some weaponry for a crate of food, sort of like a currency system where everything has a certain value which can increase and decrease depending on your trading partners needs, so one group of survivors taking refuge in a food market dismisses food as a trading item considering they are sitting on a large stockpile of food, but they would be happy to pay a bit more for ammo and guns which they lack.

Also some more clothing types would be excellent, nothing to major, but maybe a three / four tier clothing system would be good, so you can have a mixture of a Hat, Coat / Jacket, Jumper / Vest, Trousers and Shoes... Which you can mix and match, also more profession specific clothing, so for the police / security professions you get police jackets with little patches on the arms, doctors whites, that sort of stuff.

Maybe some basic physics in regards to certain items such as wardrobes and cupboards, so you can pick them up and block doors / windows. and they can be pushed over with enough force, also have tress fall so if your unlucky to have a tree fall on you, crush damage or leg breaks can occur.

Apart from NPC`s animations and bigger cities

1) "temperature update" -> high and low temeperature have biger impact on you character -> more heat sources and ways to chill during the summer.

2) "Night update" -> darker nights -> more light sources (torches?)

3) Crafting update -> a lot more carafting recipes for all skills for lvl 5-10. Right now only carpentry is "fine"

4)Combat update -> we are just smashing 1 button, higher lvl of combat skill just makes you swing faster -> add some special moves (like jaw stab for knifes atm)

Better defenses (barbed wire, wooden spike barricades, plywood boards, etc.) 

Helicopter/plane crashes

Better fire effects (with rising smoke, multiple flame sprites, and sprites for burned objects)

Building physics (buildings and structures with compromised supports will collapse, leaving rubble and a few construction supplies)

Bigger vehicles (cargo vans, eighteen-wheeler trucks, buses, tractors, combine harvesters, tanker trucks, etc.)

More remnants of the initial outbreak (makeshift barricades, notes from survivors, etc.)

Sleeping bags and more varieties of tents

3D sprites

9 hours ago, Zorak said:

Apart from NPC`s animations and bigger cities

1) "temperature update" -> high and low temeperature have biger impact on you character -> more heat sources and ways to chill during the summer.

2) "Night update" -> darker nights -> more light sources (torches?)

3) Crafting update -> a lot more carafting recipes for all skills for lvl 5-10. Right now only carpentry is "fine"

4)Combat update -> we are just smashing 1 button, higher lvl of combat skill just makes you swing faster -> add some special moves (like jaw stab for knifes atm)

What? The higher you have accuracy skill, the more damage you deal.

2 hours ago, DramaSetter said:

Collision for zombies and good fighting system. You can run throught the horde of zombies like nothing happened ( really try that if you dont believe me ).

I just want the animations for two reasons now.

One of them is the one you mentioned, its kinda hard to pull off but you can do some zig zagging around zombie hordes with no problem at all, i just want to see zombies trying to scratch me or tackle me while i am running though them.

The second is to see how they fix PVP, using the Super Survivors mod you kinda realize how broken PVP can be melee wise, it becomes a test of who can take the most amount of swings before he is dead and shooting well, no cover, no crouching, no peaking though corners or windows and no sneaking.

And the third is just fucking backpacks, i want to see if its worth looting a dead survivor or to see if a player has nothing on him, alongside having more clothes to chose from, sweater and vests are not cutting it anymore.

18 minutes ago, Blasted_Taco said:

I just want the animations for two reasons now.

One of them is the one you mentioned, its kinda hard to pull off but you can do some zig zagging around zombie hordes with no problem at all, i just want to see zombies trying to scratch me or tackle me while i am running though them.

The second is to see how they fix PVP, using the Super Survivors mod you kinda realize how broken PVP can be melee wise, it becomes a test of who can take the most amount of swings before he is dead and shooting well, no cover, no crouching, no peaking though corners or windows and no sneaking.

And the third is just fucking backpacks, i want to see if its worth looting a dead survivor or to see if a player has nothing on him, alongside having more clothes to chose from, sweater and vests are not cutting it anymore.

Totally agreed, especially with last. It's so cancer to have same clothes for seven years. 

Archived