The Crossed - Infected Overhaul

Last week, I came across a comic series called Crossed. It's about a pandemic that causes people to act on the most despicable instincts, rape and murder being a few. They are capable of thinking and intelligent planning. They will carry out suicide attacks or self-harm to get their satisfaction. They spread the infection by lacing their weapons or bullets with the infection, or by biting. Infection takes at most a few hours, and at least a few minutes.

If it's possible, something like this in Project Zomboid as a mod would be really cool.

With NPCs and Vehicles in the eventual mix, Crossed would be able to carry out suicide attacks with vehicles of all shapes and sizes, and NPCs would be able to contract the infection. When you contract the infection, the time between contracting it and turning will vary. When you turn, you won't die, but will become Crossed.

Crossed are able to use weapons, including firearms and handheld explosives like grenades and landmines, and can set traps for survivors.

If you want to read more about how the Crossed generally act, here is the first issue. It is a great story, though edgy (but I guess that's supposed to be the point).

Of course, seeing as how the Crossed use weapons, this would probably not be feasible for the game as it stands until NPCs make it in, or unless it's based off Super Survivors' NPCs. But it'd be a cool idea if feasible, period.

Edited by Lightning Flash

Whoah that'd be a raw AF survival situation. I had a read through a couple issue and it was good, pretty full on but like you say, the comic keeps it real lol nice comic and I like the concept you talk about, I think it'd be a great mod but would definitely depend heavily on NPC. Solo runs would be insane! 

I basically read all the Crossed comics and, we are absolutely fucked without survivor npcs or a big bunker, and those are usually compromised somehow. Also in Crossed +100 a group of Crossed became smarter and was able to restrain from their barbaric impulses, turning them into an army that literally demands human sacrifices or destruction. We are mega fucked if we have the supercrossed like Smokey, we'd be dead in moments because they can sprint and do everything you can, and most people can only start out with a frying pan as a weapon.

Really good idea, not so if you're a casual gamer.