Old NPC Mondoid Post

Seustace89

Hi,

I'm looking for an old NPC thread where Chris discussed in massive detail about what he was programming the NPCs to do. There was a link and then like a 10 000 word essay of how he was designing the NPCs and what the ultimate end goal was, it had like decision trees on there and what not. I just want to re-read it out of interest. If anyone knows what I'm talking about and has the link to it that would be mostly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance.

1 minute ago, bearmasksenpai said:

It's not directly the link, but the link I was looking for is on there! 

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/ChrisSimpson/20140717/221339/Behavior_trees_for_AI_How_they_work.php

Really appreciate the help! :-D

14 minutes ago, bearmasksenpai said:

to be host i was messing around with them and the modder did do a good job but there half baked really...

like... idk... they just feel useless

They feel right at home with how old NPCs were but better than those, you can have some good stuff with them, i like them because they loot stuff and make the game world feel more alive than ever, also the fact that the last update there are raider NPCs that can attack your base.

Also holy shit, it has been 4 years since that blogpost that is talking about sneaking and player vs player combat that need animations. 
That just hit me like a brick that 4 years ago i was working a half assed job and each monday i would make coffee and read up the mondoids, also i realized that with the current NPC mod, Player vs Player really needs a overhaul and i cant see for the life of me how the animations are going to make it better. Like right now you stab each other for eternity until one of the two bleeds out or KO with a baseball bat, i dont see how the animations are going to change this since the videos show zombies kinda just kneeling when getting hit and then you hit them again and they are dead, you cant do that with the players.

Edit:

Very old times, i wish i can see those videos again but they are private.

https://projectzomboid.com/blog/2011/12/a-day-in-the-life-of-a-project-zomboid-npc-1/

Archived