Simple vehicle accessories

Tails

Some vehicle suggestions suggested by me.  

1. Truck bed shells:  This will protect loot from falling out or getting  stolen from another player.   Here are some examples for truck bed shells. the first one with a camper attached to the back of a pickup truck.  

Image result for truck bed camper

here is another example with just a truck bed shell cover. 

Image result for truck bed shells 80's

2. bull bars/ grille guards:  A good way to protect car when running over zombies with without causing damaging your headlights and front end of your vehicle and as well as not to damage the vehicles engine.

Image result for truck bull bars 80's

3. Snow Plow: Usually during the winter time these plows were used to plow snow but now can also be used to plow zombies out of the way when driving.

Image result for truck snow plow 80's

Here are some of the vehicle accessories for now. I will have to look for more cool vehicle accessories some time. 

As an add on to that, maybe the ability to do a few things with already made items. like I could wrap my bull bar in barb wire to do more damage, strap/weld steel plates over unused windows, or put grates or grills made of steel bars over windows and the windscreen. maybe reducing my FOV for added protection. 

for more crazy DIY addons to cars, why not be able to strap axe's, knives and other sharp objects to my car. a car with 4 axe's added to the bulbar would really, really not be something you want hitting you at speed. maybe chariot up the wheels with steels plates, welded into an X, then welded onto the hubcaps, so as your going along you could give zombies a haircut, at knee height. 

like I enjoy how the modern mad max movies do their cars, so anything that's on a mad max car i'd be okay with. 

maybe strapping zombies corpses to the hood? (evil laugh) 

Edited by Killer

Please don't use a snowplow as a means to hit things.

They are designed to push snow at extremely low speeds. Hitting anything with a snow plow will most certainly destroy the plow and potentially bend your vehicle in ways you cannot repair.

Everything else seems cool though.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

Looking at some other attachments for vehicles.  here are some new attachments for the vehicles of my ideas. 

4. Spare tire carrier:  This full size size spare tire carrier will be something to look forward rather than putting a car wheel into the trunk of the vehicle to be a waste of space. Putting the spare tire carrier on the back of truck or SUV  as a way to store  a wheel. I hope to see this function on the Dash Rancher in PZ as well.  

Image result for spare tire carrier truck                                                                 

5. Jerry Can carriers:  A good way to store some  spare fuel canisters while traveling and a space saver like the  full size spare wheel carrier so that if you need to pump some fuel into your car if you run out of gas while driving. 

Image result for jerry can carrier

8 hours ago, Keshash said:

What I thought could be a good addition, but maybe hard to add is replacing seats with furniture.

For example, exchanging some seats in a van for a generator and a fridge. 

This is a rather neat idea for vans! 

During the drive to Mul from Rose, I had a thought about in car gps.
It could help plan routes, estimate travel time, show roads and intersections aiding with reaction time to turn.
Idk maybe somehow maps found in-game could be 'updated' into the gps to unlock it for viewing/use.

blah blah, its gps lol here is a picture of what I mean.. :P

gps.thumb.png.94fc5555f90cf462381ceeb9b0ccbcc3.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2018 at 7:54 AM, MrCouper said:

During the drive to Mul from Rose, I had a thought about in car gps.
It could help plan routes, estimate travel time, show roads and intersections aiding with reaction time to turn.
Idk maybe somehow maps found in-game could be 'updated' into the gps to unlock it for viewing/use.

blah blah, its gps lol here is a picture of what I mean.. :P

gps.thumb.png.94fc5555f90cf462381ceeb9b0ccbcc3.png

That's extremely outside of the game's 1992 timeframe

(would make a cool mod though)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-04-21 at 3:17 PM, Kim Jong Un said:

That's extremely outside of the game's 1992 timeframe

(would make a cool mod though)

There was in-car navigation in '92 and it even spoke. It wasn't widely available but available none the less. I agree, would make a cool mod.

On 5/1/2018 at 8:56 AM, Flukey said:

There was in-car navigation in '92 and it even spoke. It wasn't widely available but available none the less. I agree, would make a cool mod.

Note quite in the game's timeframe as something that would appear at this point because it's almost a within-the-year advancement. None that were widely available or even on market would have any place to spawn in the game's setting.

Here's a history of GPS technology. https://www.pcworld.com/article/2000276/a-brief-history-of-gps.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPS_navigation_device#Consumer_applications

It's a brand new thing in the game's timeframe (1992), there wouldn't be any reason to throw it in because there is a slim-to-none chance that it might have shown up somewhere.

Since so many things in the game are said 'no' to for not being available everywhere for the sake of keeping it consistent in-car GPS systems would fall into that.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

15 hours ago, Kim Jong Un said:

Note quite in the game's timeframe as something that would appear at this point because it's almost a within-the-year advancement. None that were widely available or even on market would have any place to spawn in the game's setting.

Here's a history of GPS technology. https://www.pcworld.com/article/2000276/a-brief-history-of-gps.html

It's a brand new thing in the game's timeframe (1992), there wouldn't be any reason to throw it in because there is a slim-to-none chance that it might have shown up somewhere.

Since so many things in the game are said 'no' to for not being available everywhere for the sake of keeping it consistent in-car GPS systems would fall into that.

Isn't the game set in '93 though?

Granted, I don't play the Tech Tests or IWBUMS Builds, so the starting year could've been changed since the last time I actually played PZ.

16 hours ago, Kim Jong Un said:

I'm all for a mod.

31 minutes ago, Octopus said:

Isn't the game set in '93 though?

Granted, I don't play the Tech Tests or IWBUMS Builds, so the starting year could've been changed since the last time I actually played PZ.

It's set in 1992, I'm pretty sure.

That said, the technology releasing in the same year or the year prior isn't representative of when it gets distributed or what markets it's in. Even for the rich, a GPS navigation system would not have been available everywhere, and more importantly, it would not be accurate by 21st century standards.

• 4 weeks later...