what mode do you guys normaly play on?

1 minute ago, agreubill said:

Are you sure about that ? As PopulationPeakDay range from 1 to 365, i've always assumed it's the day of the year when it occurs, not X day after the start of the game (i've made a few search back in the days, but never manage to find an answer ; but maybe i've looked in the wrong place).

It's based on days after starting, not the day of the year.

On 4/15/2018 at 9:13 PM, Damien Darkside said:

Sandbox with infection off, I honestly don't like the death mechanics when I can get hit by a zombie months in because the camera didn't like loading the darkness on one side of something or something didn't work right and bam, infected. Hours of playtime killed by a scratch. I turn off nutrition too since it pretty much is a running inevitable timer to give more debuffs. Mostly because there isn't enough food content in the game to use nutrition either.

I know I am not playing the game as the developers intended but I'm not killing that many hours due to mechanics I don't like and would have found mods to deal with anyways (like I did with Fallout 4's Survival No Save Until Sleep). I have had way more fun relaxing the difficulty in the game and playing it as a more "light hardcore" version of the main game. Actually by taking away the infections that the Zombies do and making me feel more comfortable in taking risks, I have to use the medical system so heal myself more often than more players due to damage. I also increase my combat skills by fighting them too. The game feels a bit more fleshed out in that way and I have more fun playing this way then when I played hardcore survival.

I really do respect IndieStone for allowing use of a sandbox with so many options and not maintaining "THIS IS OURS WE WANT THIS TO SOLELY BE OUR VISION REGARDLESS HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT IT" mentality that some game companies today seem to have as a badge of honor. Honestly if it wasn't for sandbox and use to the steam workshop, I probably would actually regret buying the game.

I also play with infection off nowadays. Before I played the default zombie settings (eg. bite = game over) but I find that starting over due to some small mistake or something out of my control was not fun (LOS roof/building issues before), especially when you put too much time and effort in your character.

I agree. One of the best ideas was allowing us to customize the world so that we can choose 'This is how we died.' Another good idea was creating default scenarios like 'Initial Infection', '6 Months Later', 'Survival', etc for those who just want jump right in.

Now if only they added a 'respawn' character upon death setting (default = off obviously to keep the original vision), perhaps with lost experience and/or some kind of negative attributes/debuffs. But from my understanding, I don't see that happening anytime soon if at all.

The main purpose of games is for us to have fun. Fun games = happy customers.

Archived