reactions to 2 items in the game

I wouldn't say pistols are useless. They just aren't super viable until you've put some time into the shotgun. Also it has the same issue as any gun, they just aren't meant to be used constantly. They are meant for that last ditch effort to escape. At least until NPCs are in and then they might become more useful, but even then if you shoot someone you're still ringing the dinner bell.

The only way i can see a gun as "useful" is just makeing pop shots away from your safe house makeing a horde come there thus makeing your safe house well... safer

other then that Most npcs that use guns (because they will be used in the earily days)

will most likey die. because i'm pretty sure the zomboid devs are gonna code npcs to be dumb smart and all that jazz

or not But oh will it be bug free

Guns are highly useful, just have to understand the mechanics behind them...if you think its going to be good firing a pistol with no aiming skill and only a clip or two into a horde while trying to run from them, then your going to be very disappointed. With enough ammo, skill, and a understanding of the specific guns limits, you can clear whole towns out on survival difficulty setting.

They are my primary weapon, and not just because I use ORGM..the ORGM guns are actually currently setup to be LESS effective then the vanilla ones (both damage and accuracy wise) because at higher aiming/reloading skill and with the right knowledge, the base game firearms are extremely OP.

In MP, handguns can save your ass pretty easily if you have beta-blockers, some ammo and Firearms skill, you need around 2 or 3 to make it viable. Ammo is plentiful, more than shotgun easily and you can scare any player away with it or take down pretty easily any player who thinks you have 0 Firearm skill.

Archived