vehicle branch on ubuntu Again:l

zOrg

Hello guys!

i can start my ubuntu server a few days ago with the vehicle branch.. that was the v40.6
there is now a new patch, the 41.2, but i failed something:S i cant get back to 40+ patch, just the 38.30....

here is my command line (this is what i used and it works fine on 40.6) :
## SteamCMD Settings
# Server appid
appid="380870"
# Steam App Branch Select
# Allows to opt into the various Steam app branches. Default branch is "".
# Example: "-beta latest_experimental"
branch="-beta vehicle"

i tried this, i tried iwillbackupmysave, but my version still stucked in 38.30:S  
what can i do? thanx a lot,

best regards;)

ohh thx u Again:P:P

but now i realised my problem is more strange than i think... i just saw ive been removed from the vehicle test branch on my pc (steam) and i need to write the pw (workinprogress) and this branch available for me again.. yaay! but! i can join to my server (another pc with linux) only my admin char:o tried to create more but "your files doesnt match..." wtf?!:D i think i have the same files with my fresh generated admin char and fresh norm char...or not?? i have no idea:/

Hello,

I force it with:

./steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +force_install_dir SERVERFILESDIR +app_update 380870 -beta iwillbackupmysave -betapassword iaccepttheconsequences validate +quit

But seems to have some error with this solution, i hope they fix this soon!

46 minutes ago, Dhraax said:

Hello,

I force it with:

./steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +force_install_dir SERVERFILESDIR +app_update 380870 -beta iwillbackupmysave -betapassword iaccepttheconsequences validate +quit

But seems to have some error with this solution, i hope they fix this soon!

im using linux game servers (LGSM) scripts, i dont need to use steam cmd, this scrips handle it, but i have this cfg file where i can edit branches etc. i wrote the beta+pw but nothing happens:S now im gona reinstall the full server but thx the suggestion:)

5 minutes ago, Dhraax said:

I'm use LGSM too, but since the "branch" param doesnt work i force the installation and works xD

whaaaaaat :D how the hack:D do u left the branch"" line empty?

7 minutes ago, Dhraax said:

Yes, i just did the same as the /pzserver update do, but wrote the whole command, its the same thing

damn i dont understand:S im just tried this and still the fckin 38.30:S  current version: 2308099... 

@lemmy101

Thank you for your answer but, i'm using the iwbums and cant update from the lgsm.

I trying with:

branch="-beta iwbums"

branch="-beta iwillbackupmysave"

branch="-beta iwillbackupmysave -betapassword iaccepttheconsequences validate"

But no one its working

23 minutes ago, Dr_Cox1911 said:

Works just fine for me now (seems like the dedicated server wasn't pushed at first).

My branch line in lgsm looks as follows:

branch="-beta iwillbackupmysave -betapassword iaccepttheconsequences"

i used this line in my cfg, but doesn't works for me:S that was the reason why i ask here:D
Dhraax's suggestion works now:

but i have another problem ffs:P i write another topic for that, so if u had any idea @Dr_Cox1911 pls help me:D (cpu usage)

Now i can UPDATE with "fu" but.. if i don't wipe the server never pass this part on the start:

1523419800215 erosion: reading /home/pzserver/Zomboid/Saves/Multiplayer/pzserver/erosion.ini
1523419806672 Loading: media/maps/Muldraugh, KY/objects.lua
1523419807057 can't find map objects file: media/maps/West Point, KY/objects.lua
1523419807058 can't find map objects file: media/maps/Rosewood, KY/objects.lua
1523419807058 can't find map objects file: media/maps/Riverside, KY/objects.lua

And after the wipe / softreset start with out errors, but... the players cant connect they have the same problem on the CMD. I try to delete the media/maps/ after the game/client update but the problem remains.

Any ideas?

On 2018. 04. 11. at 2:59 PM, Dhraax said:

Now i can UPDATE with "fu" but.. if i don't wipe the server never pass this part on the start:

1523419800215 erosion: reading /home/pzserver/Zomboid/Saves/Multiplayer/pzserver/erosion.ini
1523419806672 Loading: media/maps/Muldraugh, KY/objects.lua
1523419807057 can't find map objects file: media/maps/West Point, KY/objects.lua
1523419807058 can't find map objects file: media/maps/Rosewood, KY/objects.lua
1523419807058 can't find map objects file: media/maps/Riverside, KY/objects.lua

And after the wipe / softreset start with out errors, but... the players cant connect they have the same problem on the CMD. I try to delete the media/maps/ after the game/client update but the problem remains.

Any ideas?

try to delete the full save folder, or reinstall the server. if u using lgsm too, i can handle my update problem with delete the password part at the branch, coz the force update command cry for "wrong pw"
branch:"-beta iwillbackupmysave"
./'pzserver' force-update

UPDATE: 
Now i can update with the force update command without the branch line in the cfg, so i leave that empty. (branch:"")
it works at the new patch and don't need to wipe;)

Edited by zOrg

• 2 weeks later...

The map files are most likely corrupt -- possibly from accidentally loading the build 38.30 server back when we discontinued the branch.  Try changing the name of the saves folder to something like saves_backup. If a new world loads in fine, then that's likely the problem.