Map: Where to next?..

Seustace89

Guest easy AI opponent

It would be pretty awesome to be able to dig holes as traps/defensive structures. It'd be cool if you could cover them too, to trap NPC's as well as zeds.

I am not sure. Danger of becoming "tower defense"-like....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be pretty awesome to be able to dig holes as traps/defensive structures. It'd be cool if you could cover them too, to trap NPC's as well as zeds.

I am not sure. Danger of becoming "tower defense"-like....

Of course such defenses would need to be time consuming and leave you vulnerable whilst doing them so they don't get used too much and only where you feel the time and resource investment is worth it. 

If you consider how much it wears you out to till a square with a trowel already, you could realistically multiply that by a lot to dig a person sized hole. You could throw in something else too like shovels having their durability worn each time you dig one, that way in order to keep digging holes you have to keep finding shovels.

Sky scrapers would take soo long to clear.... I remember the old map and some of the buildings being 10-12 levels high with few rooms... And that sometimes took half a day at the very quickest...

I don't think digging holes would be too tower defense like... The game is suppose to be for the average person (as told) and something like that would soon be a normal creative idea to protect yourself! It would take a few days to do a fair amount of work but even then it would fill up quickly if a horde was to attack... It would just buy a short amount of time to perhaps escape. The same applies if it were traps... To fully grasp it's full effect would require a serious amount of digging over many days before it could prevent a horde from entering your safe house...

You are never safe.... :-D

Could someone clarify about the map that is being added.  Is it a completely different map or an expansion of the current one?

All vanilla additions to the map are expansions of the existing map.

You will be able to select a general starting location (Muldraugh or West Point).

Wasn't there mention of the possible addition of military sweeps coming to Project Zomboid. The logical answer in my opinion would have to be South to Fort Knox. This becomes even more logical when the entire map is based in Knox County.

According to today's mondoid, it seems Louisville is possibly next. I hope they go south sooner or later.

Sorry i know this has been asked a million times over but i have completely lost where i am in relation to what build/map etc im supposed to have..

So ive got Muldraugh on both Steam & Desura builds but remember West Point being mentioned a cple of weeks back and maybe even mentioned at being released after a Mondoid sometime soon..

Soooo has it been updated an im being a chop or am i still stuck with Moldy?

Would really like to see the inclusion of a large city at some point, it would take a very long time to work on I'm sure but, imagine how intense supply runs would be:

1. The city would be chocka-full of supplies
2. The city would be chocka-full of zombies

I can imagine that with skyscrapers we'd be going roof-to-roof to navigate the city, kind of like in The Walking Dead comics they generally stick to travelling on rooftops when in cities since the streets are like a sea of undead.

However I think that it would be pretty awesome to see some really large buildings like hospitals and 5-star hotels, or maybe a prison.  Places that would take a long time to explore indoors and possibly get lost in.

Personally though, I think that before any big new places are added, the devs should get vehicles in, and in the meantime continue to work on the current maps and add smaller areas, vehicles is something I'm looking forward to, especially with the 3D engine.  Perhaps before USABLE vehicles are added maybe we could have some non-working cars all over the place that can be looted? I feel that abandoned vehicles will really add that apocalyptic feel to the world.

Would really like to see the inclusion of a large city at some point, it would take a very long time to work on I'm sure but, imagine how intense supply runs would be:

I can imagine that with skyscrapers we'd be going roof-to-roof to navigate the city, kind of like in The Walking Dead comics they generally stick to travelling on rooftops when in cities since the streets are like a sea of undead.

However I think that it would be pretty awesome to see some really large buildings like hospitals and 5-star hotels, or maybe a prison.  Places that would take a long time to explore indoors and possibly get lost in.

Personally though, I think that before any big new places are added, the devs should get vehicles in, and in the meantime continue to work on the current maps and add smaller areas, vehicles is something I'm looking forward to, especially with the 3D engine.  Perhaps before USABLE vehicles are added maybe we could have some non-working cars all over the place that can be looted? I feel that abandoned vehicles will really add that apocalyptic feel to the world.

This is why i think developed urban areas will basically be the loot mecca of the game to visit. But the risk of being swarmed will be astronomical. And they definitely have stated that as the map expands there will end up being car wrecks, debris and such. And cars/vehicles are going to happen. 

Sorry i know this has been asked a million times over but i have completely lost where i am in relation to what build/map etc im supposed to have..

So ive got Muldraugh on both Steam & Desura builds but remember West Point being mentioned a cple of weeks back and maybe even mentioned at being released after a Mondoid sometime soon..

(correct me if I'm wrong TIS Community) the recent 'Halloween' release on the download section is the latest build on desura, which has West Point in it to the north (long time to get there).

However I think that it would be pretty awesome to see some really large buildings like hospitals and 5-star hotels, or maybe a prison. Places that would take a long time to explore indoors and possibly get lost in.

Personally though, I think that before any big new places are added, the devs should get vehicles in, and in the meantime continue to work on the current maps and add smaller areas, vehicles is something I'm looking forward to, especially with the 3D engine. Perhaps before USABLE vehicles are added maybe we could have some non-working cars all over the place that can be looted? I feel that abandoned vehicles will really add that apocalyptic feel to the world.

Would be amazingly more intense and can you imagine what your last stand would be like on top of a sky scraper with the whole tower swarmed with Zeds... Fight them to the death, jump off... Or potentially reach the other roof risking a broken leg hobbling away to safety.... Getting excited just imagining it!

Having vehicles would be awesome, but having so many new doors open with the 3d engine I reckon we'll all have a few surprises for both fans and Devs in what can actually be achieved! :-)

Next primary goal will more than likely to be to complete and fill some of the cells which (if you look at BlindCoder's map project) are blatantly incomplete / undeveloped.

And while we're doing that we will start work on the next major location.

In other words, expect small additions and general improvements in the short-term and then another major location in the longer term.

So ive got Muldraugh on both Steam & Desura builds but remember West Point being mentioned a cple of weeks back and maybe even mentioned at being released after a Mondoid sometime soon..

(correct me if I'm wrong TIS Community) the recent 'Halloween' release on the download section is the latest build on desura, which has West Point in it to the north (long time to get there).

West Point is not on Desura, yet. Desura is only able to have the latest stable version because it does not have a feature for different beta branches (yet).

Thus, those beta branches can only be on Steam.

Desura is the latest stable version 2.9.9.10.

Steam defaults to an older version of 2.9.9.17 and the beta branch of Steam has West Point in it right now (2.9.9.17 0008).

Version numnbers, y'all.

Next primary goal will more than likely to be to complete and fill some of the cells which (if you look at BlindCoder's map project) are blatantly incomplete / undeveloped.

And while we're doing that we will start work on the next major location.

In other words, expect small additions and general improvements in the short-term and then another major location in the longer term.

I thought it looked like you guys had been doing some work in the outskirts of Muldraugh. I'm honestly just as excited for that as I am to keep exploring West Point.

I'd like to see (as it's most likely going to be) more stuff around and between Muldraugh and West Point, to make it even more worthwile going exploring into the unknown vicinity of the towns. I've stopped using the map project since West Point, so finding the small stuff is a lot more fun.

The second three/four/higher story buildings are implemented, I WILL be clamouring for the ability to make rope bridges and planter boxes for growing crops. The zeds can keep the ground, I've got my sky fortress/highway/ONAROOF/etc :P

I agree, I hope we will get the ability to create some form of bridges, even if it is a few planks over a gap.