Map: Where to next?..

Seustace89

So with the much anticipated wait of West Point just around the corner, it can only be said we are all squealing with excitement of new places to hide, survive and ultimately stand off from the horde of our once friendly community! But looking at the world around the current map does beg the question... Where to next?

Where would you like to see TIS take PZ next?

A) North - Louisville - huge city with unimaginable amount of Zeds and loot potential

B ) East - Depths of the wild - huge terrain heights possibility with 3D engine

C) South - Knox County - military town would be good with quarantine story line and NPC army clearances.

D) West - mix of wilderness, sparse building and fairly open layout.

Choose your answers and why you would want to go there!

Congrats on West Point TIS! :-)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest easy AI opponent

I choose

E) nowhere.

My personal opinion is that future Map addtions should be sidetracked until other announced and highly anticipated features (e.g. NPCs) are complete.

Regards!

I choose

E) nowhere.

My personal opinion is that future Map addtions should be sidetracked until other announced and highly anticipated features (e.g. NPCs) are complete.

Regards!

Not very effective to let the map artist(s) to do nothing while the coder(s) are working on NPCs, though.

Guest easy AI opponent

Not very effective to let the map artist(s) to do nothing while the coder(s) are working on NPCs, though.

I was not aware that the map artist(s) can not contribute to coding respectively work on the NPCs as well...

Does this mean the latter have to be accomplished by a single or two individuals? That sounds very ambitious...

On topic: In this case, if no other choice i would vote for A) or D).  Long runs in extended wilderness are a bit boring.

I was not aware that the map artist(s) can not contribute to coding respectively work on the NPCs as well...

Does this mean the latter have to be accomplished by a single or two individuals? That sounds very ambitious...

On topic: In this case, if no other choice i would vote for A) or D).  Long runs in extended wilderness are a bit boring.

If you'd kept up with (or even just read) the (relatively) recent Mondoids, you'd know that TIS have dedicated map artists - we wouldn't have West Point completed already if not for their dedication...

Guest easy AI opponent

If you'd kept up with (or even just read) the (relatively) recent Mondoids, you'd know that TIS have dedicated map artists - we wouldn't have West Point completed already if not for their dedication...

I do glance over the mondoids and i also know that people work on West point and so on.

But what i did not captured is that those people cannot do other things than producing maps...

But thats fine! No offense! They do a great job!

I choose

E) nowhere.

Regards!

They could work on other exciting features like hats/glasses/hairstyle/beards though! 

Wilderness areas and the current area map fleshed out more. Then once the engine stuff is done go onto NPCs, cars and the other stuff they mentioned is coming.

As toehrs have said. They have people focusing on different areas as not everyones a coder anyway. So it's great to hear about future content like this coming whilst the code stuff is being worked on. 

I do glance over the mondoids and i also know that people work on West point and so on.

But what i did not captured is that those people cannot do other things than producing maps...

But thats fine! No offense! They do a great job!

Well, I COULD fiddle with the code, but I think that might cause the game to explode, if not your computer itself ;)

I just brought this up in another thread before I saw this one. I'd love to see parts of the original map integrated into the new one at some point. Even if we just got one of the quarter tiles, like the suburbs or the downtown area. Those map areas had so much that was good, and would be such a shot of nostalgia at the same time.

Okay cool, so currently (I think) we have decided between option A, D and (a new but important one I didn't recall think of tbh) E which is improving the current new map. So it seems the new question amongst the first would be...

What would you like to see done and able to do in the current and future maps with the new 3d engine in full swing?

No point giving options... Soo much to suggest like regularX's or Walthers ideas or fast wings imagination

I personally would like to be able to dig a moat or deep ditch around my safe house, but use the dug up dirt as a wall for extra protection...

Or potentially, with much effort, do one of those grand design houses into the side of a hill as some weird Eco anti zed shackle home of beauty...

What about you?

NPCs, stories, and map extensions go very much hand-in-hand so it definitely won't be the case that when the NPCs are being worked on full-pelt, nothing will be happening with the map. Will has no constraints when it comes to writing - if he needs a pygmy hippo sanctuary for story purposes, a pygmy hippo sanctuary is what he gets :)

Wilderness areas and the current area map fleshed out more. Then once the engine stuff is done go onto NPCs, cars and the other stuff they mentioned is coming.

As toehrs have said. They have people focusing on different areas as not everyones a coder anyway. So it's great to hear about future content like this coming whilst the code stuff is being worked on. 

I would have to agree with this. I'd rather they take their time to polish up the current map and West Point until they're perfect, then move on to other things. When they move on to other things though, I want to see Fort Knox and the surrounding county. That would be awesome.

Right so now we have a Pygmy hippo sanctuary on the way... :-s haha!

And polishing up the game with the new engine potential with maybe new areas that we'll frantically run into... Or in near future fall, climb, swim, etc... Into. :-D

Who knows what those Devil Devs are up to in their safe houses... All we know is... Its gunna be good! :-D