RELEASED: IWBUMS Build 39.67.3

lemmy101

On 08/04/2018 at 6:25 AM, anwender95 said:

Hello everyone! Does this a bug or a feature what mechanics experience has very slow gain even with skill book?

On 08/04/2018 at 12:36 PM, DramaSetter said:

Mechanic skill at this moment seems imposible to increase, because of it's small XP gaining rate, even with skill book.. Reduce it alot, pleease?

Mechanics skill XP gain is WIP.  The team is working on balance between simple and more skilled tasks, success and failure rates and avoidance of repetition which usually leads to "grind" (installing/reinstalling the same battery repeatedly, for instance) Plus, the skill should fit in nicely with already established skills...This may take some time to get right. So keep the feedback coming! (within reason, obviously ;) )

hi,

will the Drop function go back to dropping into the container you have selected at any point?

also when selecting Drop from a backpack - will it go back to just dropping instead of unpacking then dropping?

i noticed drop function had changed a while ago - but never brought it up.

Its annoying when you have a few things in your inventory and you cant drop them into container - instead have to drop to floor then drag from floor to container.

i know you can right click and "put in container" - but if you have more than one of any item it means you have to put them all in there.

e.g i have 4 chips, i want to put one into container/shelf/crate/car  there is no way to just put one in using one click anymore.

if this has already been addressed - i am sorry i missed it.

cheers

1 hour ago, junglistjim said:

hi,

will the Drop function go back to dropping into the container you have selected at any point?

also when selecting Drop from a backpack - will it go back to just dropping instead of unpacking then dropping?

i noticed drop function had changed a while ago - but never brought it up.

Its annoying when you have a few things in your inventory and you cant drop them into container - instead have to drop to floor then drag from floor to container.

i know you can right click and "put in container" - but if you have more than one of any item it means you have to put them all in there.

e.g i have 4 chips, i want to put one into container/shelf/crate/car  there is no way to just put one in using one click anymore.

if this has already been addressed - i am sorry i missed it.

cheers

The "drop" function drops things; "put in container" transfers item to the container.  Both are accessible via RMC. 

You can also "drag" item from your character inventory/backpack to a container, if you do not wish to use the "clicking" version.

You can "transfer all" or "loot all" both to/from the floor/container.

In your example with 4 packets of chips: you just expand the item view and transfer 1 packet (by "drag" or by RMC > transfer/drop)

Simply put, junglistjimI do not understand where the problem is?

I think that some car aspects need  balance. For example, one- I survived 1 month and 23 days in Riverside and didn't find any car jack. 6 wrenches and 3 lug wrenches is mine, but there is no one car jack in town and outskirts. Even axes and sledgehammers is more common in my game than this...

Second- driving is really good now, but there is strange situation- I can make  a tons of gasoline before electricity shut off. But car mechanic is definitely hard for me- mufflers and tires degrades even  faster than gas, and upgrading mechanic skill is hard too. Small xp without mechanic proffesion or trait makes it really difficult task. I wanted to upgrade my mechanic skill to 3 level, but without car jack and even with skill book it really hard right now. (And I can suggest-some actions like removing car batteries and lights do not require mechanic skill,but also do not give any xp. I think that this actions  could require mechanic skill 1  like removing tires to upgrade skill faster.)

And third- loot in cars is really common now, but it's quality is pretty low. Only notebooks,tissues,flashlights,clothing etc. In Riverside there is many good loot,but in other towns like Muldraugh and Rosewood it might be useful to fing rare items in cars. Checked a lot of cars- almost all things are in glove boxes, in trunks there is really lack of things. Loot in zombies with "lucky" trait are more usefull compared to loot in cars with the same trait, so it makes more sense to fight with zombies to find good stuff than looting almost all cars in town.I find 5 axes in good condition in zombie corpses when killed 1342 zombies  and any rare weapon or something in cars.

About bugs- some corpses of zombies that I killed is dissapearing. I realised that it happens offten around buildings and grass. Corpses is still lootable, but they are invisible. And another bug- the beard of my character once changed its color to more lighter ( I played with goatee and stubble together), but on the same day the color returned to normal. (Just now remember that in 38 version of vehicle test  the full beard of my character is disappear after  one game loading, don't encounter with this bug in next versions, maybe it's fixed now )

20180408130226_1.jpg

20180408131531_1.jpg

3 hours ago, Pandorea said:

The "drop" function drops things; "put in container" transfers item to the container.  Both are accessible via RMC. 

You can also "drag" item from your character inventory/backpack to a container, if you do not wish to use the "clicking" version.

You can "transfer all" or "loot all" both to/from the floor/container.

In your example with 4 packets of chips: you just expand the item view and transfer 1 packet (by "drag" or by RMC > transfer/drop)

Simply put, junglistjimI do not understand where the problem is?

ahh - i have never expanded the view. in the years i have been playing never done that!

its just the drop behaviour changed in one of the test builds and my memory muscles keep making me drop stuff on the floor all the time now.

thanks

its no problem other than its changed - and im not used to that yet.

On 05/04/2018 at 10:47 PM, Tails said:

Testing out this test build here is my feedback on the vehicles.

The car battery drains really fast.  I found a Fire Department Dash Bulldriver in good condition and drove it from the Rosewood Firehouse all the way to the farmhouse near the farmers market outside Rosewood and the car battery went from 99% to 60% car batteries dont die from driving for long periods of time. hopefully some way to make car battery last much longer. Also muffler still seems to degrade too fast but my car battery seems to drain much faster then muffler.

Did you have any crash with your car, or rammed zombies?

5 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Did you have any crash with your car, or rammed zombies?

I didnt ram any zombies or crashed the car at all driving from the fire station where I  picked up that truck to driven to the Farm house outside of Rosewood and it really drained my cars battery and degraded my car muffler all the way.  Unless there is a way to improve with Car Alternators  as a car part or a Sandbox mode to reduce car battery consumption. 

Currently I have been playing on a custom survival setting on sandbox and things have been pretty good even with multiple mods of my choice being used. I am currently at around Day 17 and my power has gone out in-game, and so far so good. The zeds are forming pretty big hordes and my game has yet to still lag or stutter at all. I used to have horrible lag and stutters before but not any more. Averaging from a solid 100fps to a constant 60fps when big hordes and action is going on. I haven't experienced any horrible bugs or glitches or for a matter of fact, any game problems that have to do with my system like any crashes or errors popping up..... and yes, I have tested mostly everything from different scenarios and settings on sandbox and they all work great. I can give out screenshots of the settings and mods if you'd like later. Even in-game performance with the FPS counter on top.

I have been enjoying the new addition of vehicles and have been able to do things I didn't do before like take long trips without worrying about wasting time running to that location, therefore moving bases, and items, are now a more viable thing for me. Since I never had the courage of moving from one base to another place. Ex. Setting a base at Riverside then moving to Muldraugh. I can escape dire and dangerous situations where as before I'd probably die. I could write much more about how many things vehicles have changed in terms of game play.

I do have some complaints and more feedback to give to the devs but I can't think of too much right now since I am at work at the time of writing this. If you want the extra feedback or want to ask me specific questions, feel free to ask them. I will give my best responses to help with the feedback gathering. Also I will be giving my PC specs once I get home.

QnA made by myself:

Q:Do you think vehicles are overpowered? Or game breaking?

A:No I firmly believe that at their current state they are not op in any way due to the fact that they will at some point break down and you can get in a situation where you're stuck and the zeds will end up breaking your windows for their tasty meal. You can even have injuries if you crash which makes driving vehicles less op. They are great at the moment and I believe they are balanced. At some point you won't be able to refuel your car since power goes out, gas goes too. So stocking up on gas is crucial.

Q: Have you ran over zombies and crashed?

A: Yes, I have gotten a few zeds killed just by ramming into them but it isn't the best way of clearing them, again, it's balanced. And yes I've had accidents.

Q: Have you experienced any game breaking vehicle bugs or glitches?

A: No, not yet atleast. They are working fine.

Q: Does it lag or stutter at all when driving around the map? 

A: Not really, even though I do get the occasional lag hiccup every now and then. But only had it happen 4 times when there's a lot of trees around.

I'll reply to question instead of putting them here.

Feedback regarding car sounds: I don't like that the sounds can be heard looping, specially when sounding the horn, backing up in vans, and sometimes the engine sounds hiccup or can be heard looping. Please add more variety of crashing sounds instead of the generic glass shattering sound.

Driving: It's good where it's at.

Additional vehicle details that I would like to see:

The heater and cooler don't seem to be working, everything is fine but it seems like it either is ineffective or not working.

Please add a digital clock to the car dashboard.

Some vehicles damage textures are weird, like red paint on the glass?

Will there be visible movement/actions whenever the anims come out? Like if I open the car door or trunk, will we see that? On an old mondoid I saw a car with an open door. 

Will we get more vehicles like bikes, motorcycles, buses, big trucks/commercial trucks etc..?

Ok that's it for now, this is the biggest thread I've made and I don't want to make it any bigger than this or else readers will ignore and not see this.

I just want to help the devs and contribute to the topic. Thank you.

Edited by Capt.Motty

14 hours ago, halkaze said:

"Challenges:Opening Hours's FPS is very low and too lag. (1fps~5fps)

My performance

CPU: Intel Celeron 3215U 1.7GHz

GPU: no

RAM: 8GB

Obviously,  my performance is low.

How is High performance' situation ?

Sometimes falls to 16 - 21 FPS on my system at 3800 x 1600 res, but is otherwise playable compared to the old days. Worst performing bit is when the doors first open and being  half-way up the stairs.

3 hours ago, Tails said:

I didnt ram any zombies or crashed the car at all driving from the fire station where I  picked up that truck to driven to the Farm house outside of Rosewood and it really drained my cars battery and degraded my car muffler all the way.  Unless there is a way to improve with Car Alternators  as a car part or a Sandbox mode to reduce car battery consumption. 

The battery charges while the engine is running.  Headlights, the lightbar, and radio drain the battery, but the rate of charging is greater than the drain from all of them combined.  The biggest drain happens when starting the engine.

7 hours ago, EasyPickins said:

The battery charges while the engine is running.  Headlights, the lightbar, and radio drain the battery, but the rate of charging is greater than the drain from all of them combined.  The biggest drain happens when starting the engine.

thank you I tested it out and the battery charged. :)

Edited by Tails

11 hours ago, artenais said:

Little things :

01 ) Veteran can be scared?

02 ) Please option to reverse A - D key while driving.

What do you mean by "scared"? Does your character become "slightly panicked" at a sight of zombies? That is a normal reaction, since "desensitized" means the char should not reach a state of panic, which is the next level here. If that is not what happens, then what other traits has your veteran character got? 

16 minutes ago, Pandorea said:

What do you mean by "scared"? Does your character become "slightly panicked" at a sight of zombies? That is a normal reaction, since "desensitized" means the char should not reach a state of panic, which is the next level here. If that is not what happens, then what other traits has your veteran character got? 

Maybe I understood it incorrectly but I remember that in current build I never reached even slightly panic with Veteran Class... so maybe the current build is bugged :)

PS :. More important, if it is possible option to swap A - D when driving, since it is very counter intuitive to turn. I do not know if this is a shared feeling. 

11 minutes ago, artenais said:

PS :. More important, if it is possible option to swap A - D when driving, since it is very counter intuitive to turn. I do not know if this is a shared feeling. 

When you press "A", you want to turn left, that's right ? when you post for that first time, I reflect a long time to how people can play with A for right and D for left. As I know some people play with inverted mouse axes, but to drive a car, unless driving mainly backward, I don't understand.

Edited by arkahys

59 minutes ago, arkahys said:

When you press "A", you want to turn left, that's right ? when you post for that first time, I reflect a long time to how people can play with A for right and D for left. As I know some people play with inverted mouse axes, but to drive a car, unless driving mainly backward, I don't understand.

The "problem" presents only when driving, but I will try again tomorrow to be able to explain it better. 

PS :. Big performance improvement on my DELL 7548 with Radeon M265. Gained 15 FPS medium with "uncapped"

Edited by artenais

6 minutes ago, Cool_Fox said:

just had a van disappear after continuing a saved game. I had a generator in the trunk, perhaps that caused the bug.

Was there any error?  If the map chunk failed to load for some reason the vehicle wouldn't be loaded either.