RELEASED: IWBUMS Build 39.67.3

lemmy101

Can't fill a emptysandbag with gravel, Code works good but needs floors_exterior_natural_01_13 on the map (not present in westpoint and muldraugh).
Two solutions i think:
1- Changing the code to take gravel from another present tile on the map.
2- Some map changes to create fields of gravel (floors_exterior_natural_01_13)

Hello, new player here.

After the latest hotfixes in the IWBUMS build I'm experiencing some weird flickering.

It happens on the "edge" of my character vision, it flickers mostly at night. It did not happen to me before.

Any thoughts?.

19 hours ago, Eggtooth said:

Yep, it lowers volume of everything, and I'd JUST want to lower volume of car engine, not everything around me.

I agree, the car is very loud and when I drive I actually have to turn down the speakers or headphones because the sound literally drives you nuts. It would be nice to have a choice of car sounds. The current sound loops and there's some clunk all the time too which makes little sense when your car is literally damage free/all parts are 90%+. I'm sure it's just how it was recorded but anyway...

Why do games make cars so loud and obnoxious?  In reality, they're not that loud. Unless they're modified, cars are required to be quiet to prevent noise pollution.  The majority of noise when driving is wind noise. :)

Edited by Strykar

50 minutes ago, Dr_Cox1911 said:

The most noise comes from the tires rolling on the asphalt AFAIK, wind comes into play if you drive pretty fast.

Agreed.  Perceived sound outside the car, a lot comes from the tires against the road.  Inside the car may be more from the wind depending on vehicle and speed.  Different tire treads can impact tire/road noise as well.  Anywho, those are the two biggest noise makers, I think.

Overall, my point being, engine, exhaust, and/or transmission noise is too loud in many games for stock vehicles.

Edited by Strykar

Build 39.64.1
Modding issue: Can't add two required mods. Only works with one ModId.

mod.info tried strings:
-----------------------------
require= ModId; ModId2
(not working)
-----------------------------
require= ModId
require= ModId2
(Only works with ModId2)
----------------------------------------
ReEdit: Unsolved
require= ModId, ModId2
Seems to be working in mod options, clicked buttons to activate and deactivated but when i exit mod options (reloading lua) Mod not activated.

Edited by Snakeman
Unsolved

IWBUMS 39.66.3

[NEW]

• Changed how often we update vehicles to get rid of FPS problem + less java->lua call (performance increase).
  • Added vehicle engine volume option.
  • Added parking brake (space) drifting.

[BALANCE]

• Smooth player paths once in the pathfinding thread instead of constantly while moving.
  • Lowered the damage done to muffler when having a front crash.
  • Increased car's gas consumption.
  • Lowered damage done to parts while driving.

[BUG FIX]

• PolygonalMap2 gc fix.
  • Fixed IsoGridSquare.DeferedCharacters not being cleared if a square wasn't rendered.
  • Fixed OnceEvery not handling changes to framerate.
  • Fixed rendering top-half of zombies on stairs in multiplayer.
  • Fixed transparent walls preventing squares on lower floors from being rendered.
  • Fixed zombies on the tops of stairs aren't visible from the level above.
  • Fixed player movement stuttering when on a north-south staircase and trying to move west.
  • Fixed tops of zombies being clipped while climbing up stairs.
  • Fixed the Game don't start in noSteam MP.
  • Fixed the SteamUI have context menu action "Join Game" after player exit the game to the main menu.
  • Fixed client can not accept the invite, if the invite was send from Steam UI
  • Fixed Steam invites don't always work when both players are in-game.
  • Fixed black headlights/taillights on Luxury and Offroad vehicles.
  • Fixed some vehicle hotkeys working after death.
  • Fixed rendering exception with DiamondMatrixIterator
  • Fixed the server spamming NO SUCH LOT near non-existent areas of the world.
  • Fixed zombies trying to walk into non-existent areas of the world.
  • Fixed not being able to cycle through all moveable items in inventory when placing them.
  • Fixed zombies on a top stair tile not attacking players on the level above.
  • Fixed players/zombies sometimes walking in place forever at the end of a path.
  • Fixed path-following bugs near walls and stairs.
  • Use the same stair-visibility fixes in Java that were done in C++.
  • Fixed water blocking movement when there is a floor built over it.
  • Fixed snow rendering on water.

11 minutes ago, Dr_Cox1911 said:

Can't play right now, but what exactly is this new UI?

It's just a window that shows the rate of damage / gas consumption for testing. It probably shouldn't have been included in the changelog . . . And now it doesn't. 

1 hour ago, Ornament said:

Please take a look into the self locking doubledoors for vehicles. As it prevents me from effectively using my save.
But nevertheless great changelog :)

EasyPickens suggested it was due to a vehicle being too close to the door, thus preventing it from opening.

Someone affected will need to test this and let us know.

3 hours ago, Vaileasys said:

Proof The Indie Stone really listens to their community

Ya that's sweet!

so is this...

• Added parking brake (space) drifting.

Edited by Flukey

I read that due massive changes previous save games are not compatible. But I loaded my previous save without world conversion and it works fine. Does it means previous world saves might have hidden issues with new version of game?

Zombie herds are really affecting game performance. I play on a few long time servers and they keep resetting the server because of it. There also seems to be a problem where vehicles which appear on the screen either on their side or up vertical. Take a look at Redboid server for example, it's really suffering. Some parked cars seem to be floating off the ground a few mm's and you can no longer get into them.

5 hours ago, undvoice said:

Good afternoon, voice chat does not work on a branch with cars, it's all so, or I have something wrong tuned ??

I honestly have no idea if this makes a difference or not, but did you try it with the windows down?