RELEASED: IWBUMS Build 39.67.3

lemmy101

On 14/5/2018 at 3:25 AM, Neitronus said:

Containers are not being properly filled in MP: All mail boxes missing recipe books; book shelves have exclusively skillbooks lvl1-2; industrial crates do no have a single sledgehammer/axe, etc. This issue appears only when a container is being initialized trough MP. (Save was created using dedicated server or "Host" option in main menu.) If save has been copied from single player, all containers that have been initialized in SP still retain their loot according to loottables, but freshly initialized container will have messed up loot in them.

Confirmed!! My server have the same problem.

3 hours ago, Neutz said:

Can we have a delete all button in the load saves. I just cleared 10GB of save files from my C:/ that this game was using up. Most of them were from me testing my custom map but clicking each 1 individually is a bit of a pain....

Seconded, devs please consider

Can we have a delete all button in the load saves. I just cleared 10GB of save files from my C:/ that this game was using up. Most of them were from me testing my custom map but clicking each 1 individually is a bit of a pain....

Well you go to your saves folder and you delete them all

Edited by Axezombie

8 hours ago, Tails said:

I notice the ambulance has 6 seats on the mechanics UI but only 2 seats are usable when I enter the vehicle.

There is a wall separating the "back" of an Ambulance from the driver (to stop driver being sprayed by blood and spooked by gore? I don't know). This is why you can't interact with the other 4 seats from the front. You can access them via "V" > 3-4-5-6. 

On 5/15/2018 at 11:03 PM, Neutz said:

Would a 'select all' and 'delete' function work better? I kindof see a 'delete all' button ending in potential calamity :D

1 hour ago, Batsphinx said:

Would a 'select all' and 'delete' function work better? I kindof see a 'delete all' button ending in potential calamity :D

Problem is this could take almost an hour to run @ 10 GB plus. Command line options through a terminal is much more expedient than what can safely be done in the game, I assume.

It's really more a problem of PZ's saves not being stored in a container, such as a zip. That would mean only one file reference needs to be altered instead of millions, but there's some challenges to doing that with pz. 

On 2018-05-15 at 6:03 PM, Neutz said:

Very good point. I personally wish this was not done like this but I could say this for many games these days that just dump a load of files on your C:.  My SSD boot drive is constantly filling up and PZ is honestly one of the worst offenders. I had over 60GB in save data in there (5 save games) and I had 16gb left on my drive. Wondering why my PC was chugging at times, never thought this game saved so much in there.

15 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Problem is this could take almost an hour to run @ 10 GB plus. Command line options through a terminal is much more expedient than what can safely be done in the game, I assume.

It's really more a problem of PZ's saves not being stored in a container, such as a zip. That would mean only one file reference needs to be altered instead of millions, but there's some challenges to doing that with pz. 

Move this save folder off of the C drive and place it under the actual game folder would make more sense to me. I can handle a game that saved a few hundred KB in the c:\ folders.. but 10+GB? Have you tried zipping one of these folders it takes a long time too. I'd rather just have them sitting on my 4TB drive rather than my small SSD.

Thanks. I didn't know cachedir referred to save dir. Good to know. Maybe you will consider an update to the wiki from..

-cachedir=<path> sets the path for the game data cache dir. Example: -cachedir=C:\Zomboid

to

-cachedir=<path> sets the path for the save game data dir. Example: -cachedir=C:\Zomboid

or

-cachedir=<path> sets the path for the game data cache and save game dir. Example: -cachedir=C:\Zomboid

Seeing how you are so good at interpreting how people feel maybe you can put your skills to work on the wiki and better word it.

I feel my response is related because the game, by default on Windows is saving 10GB per character on their C drive. And zipping is not realistic because it takes a long time.

27 minutes ago, Flukey said:

Thanks. I didn't know cachedir referred to save dir. Good to know. Maybe you will consider an update to the wiki from..

-cachedir=<path> sets the path for the game data cache dir. Example: -cachedir=C:\Zomboid

to

-cachedir=<path> sets the path for the save game data dir. Example: -cachedir=C:\Zomboid

or

-cachedir=<path> sets the path for the game data cache and save game dir. Example: -cachedir=C:\Zomboid

Seeing how you are so good at interpreting how people feel maybe you can put your skills to work on the wiki and better word it.

I feel my response is related because the game, by default on Windows is saving 10GB per character on their C drive. And zipping is not realistic because it takes a long time.

I've no involvement with the Wiki. 

I'm not suggesting someone manually zip the save directory, as that would not allow them to somehow delete files quickly (though it's a great time-saver in transferring files in general). I'm saying the game needs to use a container to store its multitude of files (zip or otherwise) so that the game (or the user) only has to interact with a single file, instead of batch-process thousands or even millions. It won't  really affect the size of those files on disk, because compressed files generally don't allow for random access.

14 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

I've no involvement with the Wiki. 

I'm not suggesting someone manually zip the save directory, as that would not allow them to somehow delete files quickly (though it's a great time-saver in transferring files in general). I'm saying the game needs to use a container to store its multitude of files (zip or otherwise) so that the game (or the user) only has to interact with a single file, instead of batch-process thousands or even millions. It won't  really affect the size of those files on disk, because compressed files generally don't allow for random access.

@Wiki... Sounds good. If you could bring this to the attention of who is responsible I'm sure it would be appreciated by many.

@zip file. I agree accessing the files from a container would be better especially if the container were compressed.

"Select all" would work fine for now I think, I was imagining a pop up warning for delete all button e.g. "you are about to delete ALL save files, are you sure?"     Yes/No.

Though it is kind of a different topic, Another solution to help reduce the save file would be to make dying in survival delete your save more as a sort of "hardcore" iron man mode.

It is supposed to be the hardest mode after all, I never use the same survival world if I die anyway.

Edited by Neutz

What can, and I feel *should* be done, is have the default cache set to a subdirectory under the game install directory.

I'm sure there was a good design decision behind choosing the "/users/" folder on windows; I'm curious as to why that was picked and not the game directory?

Shin

Edited by Shinjitsu noDeshi

IWBUMS 39.60

[NEW]

• New FaceDirection=true ParkingStall property aligns front of vehicle to Direction edge (provides support for parallel-parked cars instead of randomly-oriented ones.) - Tim B.
  • The multiplayer Tickets ui now handles long and multi-line tickets.
  • Updated newtiledefinitions.tiles with new FloorHeightXXX tile properties
  • Allow WallOverlay sprites to be used without an underlying wall sprite. (Mash uses these in a number of places but they've never appeared in-game.)
  • Added vehicle mechanics ui cheat command to add/remove hotwire.
  • Game now allows only one faction invite dialog at a time from another user.
  • Rooms named emptyoutside (used by roof-hiding) are no longer treated as interior rooms. Emptyoutside rooms were placed in BuildingEd on roof-like bits that stick out from buildings as well as covered areas (at gas stations for example).
  • Treating these as rooms caused some issues:
  • 1) Zombies could spawn in them (on roofs overhanging the level below for example).
  • 2) Generators placed in them would poison the whole building.
  • 3) Lighting wasn't the same as other outside squares.
  • 4) Curtains might be placed on the wrong side of windows.
  • 5) Exterior doors were treated as interior ones.)

[BUG FIX]

• Fixed cars jump to the original place when the player exits from it.
  • Fixed gc in IsoZombie.WanderFromWindow.
  • Fixed server exception when rotten food becomes compost.
  • Fixed a missing wall near 6126,6724,1.
  • Fixed not being able to uninstall rear seats in 2-door vehicles.
  • Fixed seats with items or people on them can be uninstalled.
  • Fixed GC issues by wiping the large 'objects' tables (the list of zones)
  • Fixed some roof-hiding glitches by updating some cells
  • Fixed ping@ping being printed to console when hosting a game.
  • Fixed lighting on 1/3 and 2/3 height flat roof tiles.
  • Fixed BaseVehicle.checkPhysicsValidWithServer gc
  • Fixed: Higher RAM use on server start-up
  • Fixed unused code from LoadGameScreen.
  • Fixed bugged Recipe_Make_Metal_Sheet in Recipes_FR.txt
  • Fixed hitboxes on vehicle dashboard icons.
  • Fixed trunk-locked icon showing when there's no trunk.
  • Fixed only wooden player-made floors being hidden when they block sight of the player.
  • Fixed long messages not being visible in LoadGameScreen by adding scrolling to the right-side panel.
  • Fixed vehicle radios working when uninstalled.
  • Fixed aiming then entering a vehicle disabling vehicle controls.
  • Fixed IsoZombie.itemsToSpawnAtDeath not being cleared when reusing zombies.
  • Fixed -debugtranslation prints missing recipe names from TeachedRecipes in items.
  • Fixed translationProblems.txt was missing the name after MultiStageBuild_ lines.
  • Fixed News_XX.txt file not being closed after reading, being read twice with English translation.

36 minutes ago, Shinjitsu noDeshi said:

What can, and I feel *should* be done, is have the default cache set to a subdirectory under the game install directory.

I'm sure there was a good design decision behind choosing the "/users/" folder on windows; I'm curious as to why that was picked and not the game directory?

Shin

Windows and antivirus software don't always appreciate it. Most OSes have a container for this purpose, which really should be AppData, but such is life. It would also be very easy to accidentally delete user info, since someone might not understand these files are there. Steam also has a habit of purging the folder, though it's inconsistent.