RELEASED: IWBUMS Build 39.67.3

lemmy101

13 hours ago, Neikei said:

On a dedicated server we also experienced the same car glitch as before unfortunately: When you enter a vehicle and drive away, Zombies will gather at the spot, where the car was parked before, ignoring your moving car. After a while, you get scratch damage while driving half a mile away and get infected.

The server seems to think, the car is still parked, so the Zoms eventually will break a window and hit you, although you are actually far away driving.

The only improvement in this version is, that if you exit your car now, you will stay at the correct spot, while in the .51 version you would teleport back to the spot, where the car was park before.

I would really like to dive into this game, but this stupid bug prevents that!

I think something goes wrong with the physics "interpolation" that causes this.  Try setting the PhysicsDelayServer option to zero and reconnecting and see if it fixes it.  (Assuming you are running the server.)

9 hours ago, PPanda0421 said:

4. I've burnt a couple of hundred zombies and my world is filled with patches of black tiles. I hear you can remove them with the shovel only in the IWBUMS branch. Why can't rain also remove those black tiles?

5. Why can't new grass replace burnt grass?

6. I'm not sure and perhaps it does do this but why can't rain remove blood on the ground? Reasoning: Bleach is finite whereas zombies can spawn indefinitely (if using default settings).

You make some excellent points here - and these ones stood out as they could be included in @turbotutone's current work with precipitation and weather. Can you add these to the list please Turbo? [And also look at the other Erosion tweaks suggested?]

6 hours ago, EasyPickins said:

I think something goes wrong with the physics "interpolation" that causes this.  Try setting the PhysicsDelayServer option to zero and reconnecting and see if it fixes it.  (Assuming you are running the server.)

If anyone else is suffering from the 'car moves elsewhere, zeds are attracted to where car was, you get scratched and then: ultimate sad face' bug on their hosted server then can you also try this? It's one of the last puzzles we need to solve before we release properly. 

2 hours ago, Axezombie said:

I agree but it would make more sense to dismantle them with a blowtorch and/or have tow trucks to move them, it would be awesome

I agree with using the blowtorch and metal working skill; and while I'm not against having a tow truck, I suspect that would be quite a bit of effort to implement...

My biggest frustration at this point is that we are now back again to where zombies can't be killed by vehicles. When you do try to run over a large crowd of them, at best the car just slowly pushes them around - at worst, it starts having crazy spasms and you end up crashing and dieing. Last session, my Chevalier step van was trying to drive through a crowd at ~5 mph, when the system snapped the van back at something like 90 mph. I was insta-killed.

Please add a code check for sudden jerk. The only time time it should happen with a large scalar is when you go from moving quickly to a complete stop.

Shin

haha yeah it happens to me too, zombies even threw my pick up in the air and hit a house's 2nd floor, I'm dead serious and I was barely moving not going fast at all

Yeah I also think they could be hard to implement, I just suggested that but it's not a priority at all.

53 minutes ago, Axezombie said:

haha yeah it happens to me too, zombies even threw my pick up in the air and hit a house's 2nd floor, I'm dead serious and I was barely moving not going fast at all

Yeah I also think they could be hard to implement, I just suggested that but it's not a priority at all.

I experienced the truck flinging as well, but not in 39.56..I've axed a zombie that flew right off the screen. It was like I was Superman.

1. I agree that tow trucks would be great, on a busy MP server the only way to find some cars are to repair wrecks and doing it in the middle of a road isn't ideal. Being able to tow them back to base would be great, which brings me to my next point...

2. Wrecks have very low engine quality, even if you use engine parts and repair them the quality doesnt go up and the car still fails to start / run well, it should increase when the engine is repaired, maybe not to 100 but something at least.

3. Currently step vans are useless, a normal van has the same storage but is much faster. Step vans should have a capacity if 150 - 200 to balance their slow speed

Edited by Neutz

10 hours ago, Axezombie said:

I agree but it would make more sense to dismantle them with a blowtorch and/or have tow trucks to move them, it would be awesome

I like that idea, using a blowtorch/welding mask to dismantle cars and get back parts. The sledgehammer could be used to completely destroy cars just like how it works now with furniture. You use a hammer/screwdriver/saw to disassemble furniture but when

you use the sledgehammer on those items they are completely destroyed.

The tow truck idea is a good idea also. You can actually move cars now by pushing them with another car. But with huge traffic jams, moving cars this way is really tedious.

possible small bug:    repaired trunks on two different vehicles with small metal sheets.    Trunk condition improved but capacity didn't change.    Tried with duct tape and had similar results.   Maybe i just don't understand what is supposed to happen.

After seeing how vehicles have turned out would it be so hard now to actually put those train tracks to use and add in trains in some way.

Even a train decoration would be nice, It would  make the world a bit more immersive. That huge train yard and their is only a few carriages.

On 9.5.2018 at 4:09 AM, EasyPickins said:

Thanks for your reply :) I am not the host, but we will try tonight or tomorrow and report back.

noticed that the flood bar above the players head dissapears when taking stuff from backpack.

e.g Barricade a window but the plank is in your backpack. character stands there with no floodbar - then floodbar appears when plank is in main inventory.

nothing major - but its different than before.

Hats off to whoever worked out what stuff to put in cars:

ranger truck - full of rangery things https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/933812827271047613/44D9A837FCDEF5EE11A815335EB061A2667EAFB7/

weird radio truck - got electrical shizzle https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/933812827271138742/A691364A04DD572F75FEE3C635D590BC7148888C/

nice

BUILD 39.57

NEW
Digital-watch alarms now beep for 30 in-game minutes before shutting off.
Added a warning to the Generator Info window and context-menu tooltips about toxicity.
Added missing options to the server-settings editor.
Added a direction property to ParkingStall zones to align vehicles nicely.

BALANCE

BUGS

Fixed object modData not being sent to other clients (number of corpses in a grave wasn't synced)
Fixed SoundBankEmitter occlusion when first starting a sound
Fixed digital-watch alarm-sound restarting when transferring items.
Fixed inconsistent use of IsoCell.ProcessItems and ProcessItemsRemove
Fixed exception taking dirt.
Fixed items in vehicle containers not being added or removed from ProcessItems.
Fixed some useful methods from Food not also being in InventoryItem
Fixed issues in PZBullet32.dll and PZBullet64.dll
Fixed physics C++ error when there are more than 273 vehicles.
Fixed BaseVehicle.jniTransform being used before it was initialized sometimes.
Fixed vehicles not being added to new chunks in the main thread.
Fixed "good" cars being locked when the sandbox option forbids locked vehicles.
Fixed assert in MapCollisionData when Core.noSave=true
Fixed BaseVehicle.testCollisionWithVehicle() using the wrong scale.
Fixed IsoWaveSignal.AddDeviceText() null pointer on the server.

1 hour ago, Batsphinx said:
1 hour ago, Batsphinx said:

BUILD 39.57

NEW
Added a direction property to ParkingStall zones to align vehicles nicely. 

I saw this on the thursdoid, could someone explain this a bit better, can we use this in the world editor somehow when making the parkingstall zones to set their directions?

It would be very useful if that is what it means

Edited by Neutz