RELEASED: IWBUMS Build 39.67.3

lemmy101

I kind of like it - but I mentioned the change because I wasn't sure if it was intentional or not. It was much larger than in previous builds.

I'm usually out running around trying to save perishable food and herding zombies during the first few days, so I don't know if I can sit and watch TV while it's still available. Interesting dilemma. :)

Shin

21 minutes ago, Shinjitsu noDeshi said:

I kind of like it - but I mentioned the change because I wasn't sure if it was intentional or not. It was much larger than in previous builds.

I'm usually out running around trying to save perishable food and herding zombies during the first few days, so I don't know if I can sit and watch TV while it's still available. Interesting dilemma. :)

Shin

Yes, it's intentional. It was so low previously that many people didn't even notice it existed (or cared). Though it wasn't intended to be quite so effective a way to learn on the easier difficulties, getting your first level and one or two level 1 skills unlocked seems OK to me. It doesn't really mean much, in the end.

Still a work in progress, ofc.

14 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Yes, it's intentional. It was so low previously that many people didn't even notice it existed (or cared). Though it wasn't intended to be quite so effective a way to learn on the easier difficulties, getting your first level and one or two level 1 skills unlocked seems OK to me. It doesn't really mean much, in the end.

Still a work in progress, ofc.

Lolwut? So low? I watched it 4-5 times ( older builds )and gain two levels of carpentry ( 0-2 ). I don't think it was too low. You're just watching guides, not doing stuff, so you shouldnt get so much XP. By the way that pillow reaction. Where i wasn't right?

Edited by DramaSetter

1 hour ago, DramaSetter said:

Lolwut? So low? I watched it 4-5 times ( older builds )and gain two levels of carpentry ( 0-2 ). I don't think it was too low. You're just watching guides, not doing stuff, so you shouldnt get so much XP. By the way that pillow reaction. Where i wasn't right?

Older builds you gained 12 XP after a week in survival.

Nothing. 

Currently playing on a multiplayer server (Not spiffo) I have returned to my base after scavenging only to find my double wooden doors are now locked and no way to unlock them. I used the same doorknobs that i have a key for but don't get an unlock option either.

23 hours ago, Kuren said:

I feel like TVs are balanced since you have to consider that the broadcasts only last a few days before everything shuts down. If you're comfortable enough to watch that much TV in those few days I feel like you deserve the boost :)

Wait, whatever happen to VHSs you could use to watch stuff like that? I swear that was some years ago when they introduced TVs that they would introduce something like VHS.

Wait, whatever happen to VHSs you could use to watch stuff like that? I swear that was some years ago when they introduced TVs that they would introduce something like VHS.

Thank you! I thought I was crazy and imagined that since no one talked about it

A thing about vehicles, it seems we can't rest in them, it's a bit weird since we can sleep in them or maybe when we sit in a car we rest automatically?

Edited by Axezombie

Im not sure if its with older builds, probably tho, but if you watch a tv show to get the xp, you can quit/save, then continue game and the skill gain broadcast starts right back up and you get skills again.

I was able to get lv 4 in carpentry right off the bat.

Sometimes you can quit just after the skill gain stops, and sometimes you have to watch the entire show all the way to the end up untill it goes into static.

I can not put soil in the sandbag with a shovel.

An error is displayed.

Spoiler

1525589035030 -----------------------------------------
1525589035031 STACK TRACE
1525589035032 -----------------------------------------
1525589035034 function: perform -- file: ISShovelGround.lua line # 34
java.lang.RuntimeException: Object tried to call nil in perform
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaUtil.fail(KahluaUtil.java:83)
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:975)
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:167)
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1922)
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1747)
        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcall(LuaCaller.java:86)
        at zombie.characters.CharacterTimedActions.LuaTimedActionNew.perform(LuaTimedActionNew.java:80)
        at zombie.characters.IsoGameCharacter.update(IsoGameCharacter.java:10047)
        at zombie.characters.IsoPlayer.update(IsoPlayer.java:2851)
        at zombie.iso.IsoCell.ProcessObjects(IsoCell.java:1891)
        at zombie.iso.IsoCell.update(IsoCell.java:5606)
        at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.update(IsoWorld.java:3065)
        at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.update(IngameState.java:1301)
        at zombie.gameStates.GameStateMachine.update(GameStateMachine.java:101)
        at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:675)
        at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1301)
        at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:1077)
        at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:183)

15 hours ago, Kim Jong Un said:

We have a player in our server that is still stuck in a permanent blackscreen two updates ago.

Got him to try various actions and then send me his console.txt

Seems to have something to do with being in a vehicle that was driving farther than he could load.

console (4).txt

Probably you need to teleport that player to a valid location.

Shoveling issue:
1525635890579 -----------------------------------------
1525635890585 STACK TRACE
1525635890585 -----------------------------------------
1525635890597 function: perform -- file: ISShovelGround.lua line # 34
java.lang.RuntimeException: Object tried to call nil in perform
    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaUtil.fail(KahluaUtil.java:83)
    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:975)
    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:167)
    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1922)
    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1747)
    at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcall(LuaCaller.java:86)
    at zombie.characters.CharacterTimedActions.LuaTimedActionNew.perform(LuaTimedActionNew.java:80)
    at zombie.characters.IsoGameCharacter.update(IsoGameCharacter.java:10047)
    at zombie.characters.IsoPlayer.update(IsoPlayer.java:2851)
    at zombie.iso.IsoCell.ProcessObjects(IsoCell.java:1891)
    at zombie.iso.IsoCell.update(IsoCell.java:5606)
    at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.update(IsoWorld.java:3065)
    at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.update(IngameState.java:1301)
    at zombie.gameStates.GameStateMachine.update(GameStateMachine.java:101)
    at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:675)
    at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1301)
    at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:1077)
    at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:183)

Small bug:      I used a car to block the alley by the dentist office in downtown West Point.    I mistakenly believed the car door was aligned with the alley but instead I popped through the wall and was stuck behind stairs.   This was in the bld adjacent to the dentist's office on the other side of the alley.    

Also,   anyone know of a way to spawn a sledgehammer?  Else I'll have to go back a save.

Small bug:      I used a car to block the alley by the dentist office in downtown West Point.    I mistakenly believed the car door was aligned with the alley but instead I popped through the wall and was stuck behind stairs.   This was in the bld adjacent to the dentist's office on the other side of the alley.    

Also,   anyone know of a way to spawn a sledgehammer?  Else I'll have to go back a save.

You can't spawn items in SP except with a mod, necroforge or something like that.

What you can do is backing up the map_p.bin file of your game (it's your character's file) delete it then create another character in your game, find a sledgehammer then break the stairs where you're stuck and finally put back your map_p.bin file in your save

Edited by Axezombie

On 05/05/2018 at 12:52 AM, Neutz said:

Currently playing on a multiplayer server (Not spiffo) I have returned to my base after scavenging only to find my double wooden doors are now locked and no way to unlock them. I used the same doorknobs that i have a key for but don't get an unlock option either.

Were you able to lock/unlock the gates before?

More importantly did you leave the base unlocked when you went on the scavenge trip? Dangerous practice, that ;)

7 hours ago, Flukey said:

Having bad luck with this patch.. most servers i play on including SPIFFO.. Cars are glitched.. with pylons showing up and cars warping back. :( 

I had the same experience on Spiffospace.  The dedicated server might have the wrong files, although I compared my Steam version of the server to the client and didn't see any problems.  Hosting a game worked fine (no surprise).

18 minutes ago, EasyPickins said:

I had the same experience on Spiffospace.  The dedicated server might have the wrong files, although I compared my Steam version of the server to the client and didn't see any problems.  Hosting a game worked fine (no surprise).

Seems every server got the problem. Unless I run my own dedicated. Kinda boring playing alone.

Edited by Flukey

On a dedicated server we also experienced the same car glitch as before unfortunately: When you enter a vehicle and drive away, Zombies will gather at the spot, where the car was parked before, ignoring your moving car. After a while, you get scratch damage while driving half a mile away and get infected.

The server seems to think, the car is still parked, so the Zoms eventually will break a window and hit you, although you are actually far away driving.

The only improvement in this version is, that if you exit your car now, you will stay at the correct spot, while in the .51 version you would teleport back to the spot, where the car was park before.

I would really like to dive into this game, but this stupid bug prevents that!

I'm not too fond of the erosion feature in the game (because it makes the world look very ugly) so I set it to the longest as possible (500 days). However, I am well over 500 days in my world so I have a few questions/comments:

1. Grass has grown on roads and it looks very ugly. I can't seem to remove it. How do I do that?

2. Cracks have appeared on my walls (due to erosion). How I do repair them? We can make walls and plaster them, why not repair?

3. Can we have more options for erosion? Disable and/or custom number of days.

4. I've burnt a couple of hundred zombies and my world is filled with patches of black tiles. I hear you can remove them with the shovel only in the IWBUMS branch. Why can't rain also remove those black tiles?

5. Why can't new grass replace burnt grass?

6. I'm not sure and perhaps it does do this but why can't rain remove blood on the ground? Reasoning: Bleach is finite whereas zombies can spawn indefinitely (if using default settings).

7. I think tree/bush regrowth is the same setting as erosion. IMO they should be different settings.

8. With this latest patch there were some instances where I opened the mechanics screen but then it closes immediately for no apparent reason. Doesn't happen all the time.

9. I have level 10 metalworking and level 7 mechanics. How I do repair car parts? Limited documentation for this. Also, some have the option to repair and others do not.

10. Repairing car parts is inconsistent. I see the option for repairing a door for one type of car but not for another type. I think it was different for heavy duty and normal size car. In carpentry you could see all prereqs for a recipe

but they were disabled if you didn't have the requirements eg. carpentry level or components. Why can't you do this for mechanics? BTW, I had all the mechanics tools with me.

11. When inflating/deflating tires why can't we set the number we want to inflate/deflate it to? I'm inflating my tire and I end up with 32.00001257 or some weird decimal number.

12. Perhaps I missed this in a previous patch note but why can't we add more seats to a vehicle? I found this van and it only had 2 seats but there was plenty of space for more seats. Could not add more seats.

13. Is car AC working? I turned AC on and it did nothing for my character's temperature - I was still overheating even though AC/Heater was at 100% health.

14. Burnt cars are annoying. Why can't we fully destroy them using the sledgehammer? Perhaps get scraps and/or metal sheets?

All really nice observations/suggestions. For 12. I previously asked but my ask was more like.. "why do cars that have 5 seats only have 4? Consider the rear is a long bench seat. The reply was, cars already have enough seats...But cars in real life can really pack a lot. See pic. Thinking even more later, it's probably because maps would be looted too quickly/balance. 13. I thought the same, says I'm over-heated but AC doesn't seem to do anything. I thought, maybe heater was not working properly.

smallpacked.jpg