RELEASED: IWBUMS Build 39.67.3

lemmy101

On 30/04/2018 at 12:33 PM, junglistjim said:

carpentry - i read beginners guide - but the XP bonus was applied to all other levels. 

in other words i didnt need to read internediry, advanced, expert or anything like that as my bonus from begineers stayed until i reached 10.

sorry bout spelling.

Can't reproduce this :) so, junglistjim, could you give me some numbers for your XP gains? In the sense of how did you determine that the XP continued to be multiplied? What scenario/difficulty have you got in your game?

3 hours ago, Flukey said:

LOL!

I hardly ever use the online map, certainly never whilst I'm playing at least. Don't have dual screens and I can't tab out whilst playing PZ. If I wanted to look at the online map, I'd have to close PZ down, look at the map and load up again. Plus, I like to mark off buildings that I've looted on the in-game map.

Enigma mentioned those who don't want ruin their experience by using outside resources. I don't use any mods for this reason. Call me crazy if you'd like but doesn't change the fact people have different play styles to you, neither being more or less valid.

2 hours ago, OffitMan said:

I hardly ever use the online map, certainly never whilst I'm playing at least. Don't have dual screens and I can't tab out whilst playing PZ. If I wanted to look at the online map, I'd have to close PZ down, look at the map and load up again. Plus, I like to mark off buildings that I've looted on the in-game map.

Enigma mentioned those who don't want ruin their experience by using outside resources. I don't use any mods for this reason. Call me crazy if you'd like but doesn't change the fact people have different play styles to you, neither being more or less valid.

I play in a window actually so it's not a big deal to switch.

I only use POS and only because I got lost a few times. I use exactly what Official SPIFFO server is using. I wanted to experience this game as pure/original as I could. Curious that SPIFFO is using POS too.. seems to be promoting the online map. Hmm...

No I won't call you crazy because it might be coined as aggressive and I don't need the tag team on me more than they are.

Some things i found...
First, grass grown on water (MP).
Westpoint gass store (close to the storageunits) roof not dissapear (MP).
If you go to the mc.logging on muldraugh:

They have the same visual problem: http://map.projectzomboid.com/?desc=SurvivalL0#0.5478262181933632,0.2819633836928284,444.89799052849384
Problematic Tiles: industry_01_48 & industry_01_49 (TileProperties issue)
Working Tiles: industry_01_56 & industry_01_57.
I have this issue on my custom map but i solve it changing to the working tiles, i checked that change on new builds affect also the base map.
All the entire map have this problem (riverside, and muldraugh i tested), need to fix the problematic tiles definitions.
2a7a6tg.jpg

screenshot_01-05-2018_03-53-06.png

screenshot_12-04-2018_20-24-24.png

16 hours ago, Pandorea said:

Can't reproduce this :) so, junglistjim, could you give me some numbers for your XP gains? In the sense of how did you determine that the XP continued to be multiplied? What scenario/difficulty have you got in your game?

hello,

when you read a skill book you get the white arrows next to that skill - showing you have a bonus.

when you go up to the next level those white arrows should dissapear. they dont for carpentry for me.

the white arrows are always there for carpentry - and when you hover over carpentry it shows you have a bonus as if i had read the skill book for that level.

Custom Scenario - single player. XP bonus is set to 15 (so i can level up quiker).  When i hit level 10 carpentry the white arrows still remain.

i do have the cheat mod enabled (forgot to turn it off after mega building project last game).

so the reason i know skill is multiplied is that the white arrows are there and when you hover over carpentry it says the bonus is applied.

read carpentry for beginners - but then had bonus all the way to level 10 (didnt read any other skill books - was a veteran without the fast learner skill or any handy man traits)

other skills appear fine and reading skill book only applies white arrows and bonus the correct way (they dissapear once you hit next level, beginner, intermediary, advanced etc)

cheers

1 hour ago, junglistjim said:

hello,

when you read a skill book you get the white arrows next to that skill - showing you have a bonus.

when you go up to the next level those white arrows should dissapear. they dont for carpentry for me.

the white arrows are always there for carpentry - and when you hover over carpentry it shows you have a bonus as if i had read the skill book for that level.

Custom Scenario - single player. XP bonus is set to 15 (so i can level up quiker).  When i hit level 10 carpentry the white arrows still remain.

i do have the cheat mod enabled (forgot to turn it off after mega building project last game).

so the reason i know skill is multiplied is that the white arrows are there and when you hover over carpentry it says the bonus is applied.

read carpentry for beginners - but then had bonus all the way to level 10 (didnt read any other skill books - was a veteran without the fast learner skill or any handy man traits)

other skills appear fine and reading skill book only applies white arrows and bonus the correct way (they dissapear once you hit next level, beginner, intermediary, advanced etc)

cheers

Well, it can always be that mod :) , but...

I think I may have found the issue. A final question: you say that multiplier shows when you hover over the carpentry skill, what is that multiplier? 

I have one problem when I tried a car build, I had invisible cars, that is, I could sit in them, drive, search, but the cars themselves I did not see

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ (2CPUs), ~2,2 GHz

RAM: 2GB

GeForce 6150SE nForse 430

40 minutes ago, RnRf321 said:

I have one problem when I tried a car build, I had invisible cars, that is, I could sit in them, drive, search, but the cars themselves I did not see

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ (2CPUs), ~2,2 GHz

RAM: 2GB

GeForce 6150SE nForse 430

Maybe 3D models disabled in your game, so just try to turn on 3D models in graphic settings, at least you need to choose "only player(s)" option if your game runs slowly with big amount of  3D models

Tried to play in 6 months later and found some bugs. First- almost whole forests on water (  this is one of most extraordinary bugs that I've ever seen in game :D ) . It definetly depends from erosion, seems that Snakeman found this bug in early stage. And seems that this  bug in whole game  map- I found it in Riverside and West Point.

Second- in 6 months later I've checked 8 cars in first  game and 5 in second- and none of them was with working car battery. Their condition was maybe the same as in Survival mode, but  battery remaining was 0 % in all cars that I've checked. Maybe working batteries still exist in this mode, I was not looking for a long time.

Third-  some corpses of killed zombies still accidentally  disappear . I can loot them,but it's a little uncomfortable. The only way to see them is the blood around them,and I discovered that corpses are disappearing  more often if I kill zombies with knives

20180502141226_1.jpg

3 hours ago, Pandorea said:

Well, it can always be that mod :) , but...

I think I may have found the issue. A final question: you say that multiplier shows when you hover over the carpentry skill, what is that multiplier? 

er not at home at the moment - but i think it was 3 or 4 (whatever is the norm for reading a beginner book)

I will test again with the cheat mod off - its probably that as i didnt mean to leave it on.

Vehicles now are crazy, though I've only experienced this on SPIFFO server, not my own LAN so maybe it's a server option. If you hit a zombie your vehicle will fling off the road into trees. I've also hit invisible objects on the road that have done the same. Oddly my character doesn't suffer any damage. I'd have expected like severe injuries.. but none.

UPDATE:

Yep.. SPIFFO server is f'd up.. vehicles glitching. Just tried getting on tonight.. can't drive my car.. I warp back.

Edited by Flukey

IWBUMS 39.56

[New]

• Added option to control whether vehicle radial menu is toggle or a 'hold' - let us know which you'd prefer as default
  • Added numerical keyboard shortcuts to the switch-seat UI.
  • Server now loads ServerCells nearest to clients before more distant ones.
  • Server can cancel loading parts of the map that are no longer near clients.
  • Clients are now prevented from driving into parts of the map that aren't loaded on the server. Traffic cones are drawn in front of the "grey zone" that indicates what's currently unloaded.
  • Player must face doors when locking/opening/unlocking.
  • Increased max java heap size to 2GB on 64-bit clients.
  • Added car seats as loot table.
  • Host screen now displays an error and prevents launching servers with unsupported WorldVersion.
  • Sprites added to IsoObjectPicker.ThisFrame now limited to those near the mouse.
  • Updated server tool box invite player message.
  • Added ability to place one oversized item (item bigger than floor capacity) on the floor.
  • Added get/setter methods for ClientControls in CarController.

[Balance]

• Optimized map loading a little.
  • Increased map-download timeout from 30 to 60 seconds while connecting.
  • Client now downloads 20 chunks at a time while connecting to avoid timeouts.
  • Significantly increased vehicle loot spawn.
  • Decreased item spawning bonus via loot modifier on easier difficulties.
  • Increased pain gained from using hand to remove a glass shard.

[Bug Fix]

• Server GUI fixes.
  • Fixed keyboard shortcuts in the switch-seat UI being visible when using a controller.
  • Fixed unnecessary call to glClear().
  • Fixed -Ddebug not being passed to coop server if host is in debug mode.
  • Fixed TriggerHook("HookWeaponHitCharacter") -> TriggerHook("WeaponHitCharacter").
  • Fixed new MP players spawning with extra loot from lower difficulty levels.
  • Fixed new Sandbox games using whatever difficulty was last selected.
  • Fixed graphical glitches when player enters/exits a vehicle.
  • Fixed one-time delay preventing clicking buttons in the MainScreen while in-game.
  • Fixed 'exterior' flag not being removed for squares under roofs when loading a fresh chunk.
  • Fixed being able to lock/unlock doors that require a key by right-click while under a roof.
  • Fixed vehicle door sounds not being 3D.
  • Fixed players with Deaf trait hearing vehicle sounds.
  • Fixed sound not working in split-screen when player 1 has the Deaf trait.
  • Fixed sounds of some actions not attracting zombies.
  • Fixed Server not terminating early if WorldVersion is unsupported.
  • Fixed ISBarricadeAction using the wrong perk to determine the amount of noise made.
  • Fixed right-clicking on things being glitchy in split-screen.
  • Fixed server not preloading areas of the map while clients are connecting.
  • Fixed thread glitches with the new MP map-streaming system.
  • Fixed switch-seat UI being available for burned vehicles.
  • Fixed driving slowly on corpses can making your car fly.
  • Fixed items spawning on front left seat.
  • Fixed zombies attacking invisible players.
  • Fixed world not redrawing when the window is resized.
  • Fixed wheels on prone zombies not raising up as they do for corpses.
  • Fixed erosion spawning plants on water.
  • Fixed WorldStreamer requesting only a few chunks at a time sometimes.
  • Fixed fake-dead zombies flickering when under vehicles in multiplayer.
  • Fixed / tweaked a couple of things in WorldStreamer.
  • Fixed BaseVehicle using obsolete playSoundImpl methods.
  • Fixed hitting zombies not slowing vehicles.
  • Fixed null pointer with Stove.
  • Fixed Deaf people hearing radio or TV.
  • Fixed visual weirdness of progress bar over player head during inventroy transfer.
  • Fixed read option being available while sleeping.
  • Fixed frozen food being usable in recipes from crafting menu.
  • Fixed layout of the Reloading options
  • Fixed confirm-sleep dialog (when in a vehicle) not working with a controller.
  • Fixed NumChasingZombies being incremented for the wrong player in splitscreen.
  • Fixed sleeping players panicking from seeing zombies.
  • Fixed players appearing outside a vehicle when they're inside on the server.
  • Fixed server -gui flickering when multiple players are connected.
  • Fixed zombies not attacking players sleeping in vehicles.

Been playing the vehicle branch for the first time and it's great.       One niggle might be the cargo space of vans.     I'll have to double check the numbers but it seems like the passenger van with six seats has more space than the cargo van without them.    5 spare seats x 20 = 100.    Plus the cargo area.   Well over 100.   But the cargo only van carries maybe 80 or 90.        We have a mini-van in real life and with the four rear seats in place  the cargo space is smaller than a car trunk.    When you pull the four seats out it's a cargo van,   which I do for trips to Home Depot.

Unless i missed something and these vans are of different sizes I think they should have similar total capacity with or without seats.    A minor nitpick to a great update.

Edited by feral_donkey

32 minutes ago, feral_donkey said:

We have a mini-van in real life and with the four rear seats in place  the cargo space is smaller than a car trunk.    When you pull the four seats out it's a cargo van,   which I do for trips to Home Depot.

Unless i missed something and these vans are of different sizes I think they should have similar total capacity with or without seats.    A minor nitpick to a great update.

Ya but this isn't real life!... I was told that when I said backseats have 3 seats not 2.

35 minutes ago, RobertJohnson said:

IWBUMS 39.56

[

Nice fix list! :)

taking a look at vehicle builds.

• vehicle conditions seem to be mostly beaten up parked vehicles even though I set the car conditions on my sandbox setting to high to find more better condition vehicles. Parked cars should not be damaged at all.
  • cars are locked with keys inside the vehicle  even on the locked frequency "never" setting which still has locked cars having no choice to break the window to get into the vehicle.
  • car conditions visuals are misleading with cars that  look like their in a 100% condition but have damages once I look through the mechanics menu.

build 39.56

I gained a level+ from watching the cooking show that's on at the start of the game. Total of 93.75 experience, and the only learning modifier I have for skills is "Slow Reader". I do a sandbox game, but since I didn't start with any gear in my inventory, I believe it's set to "Survival" for difficulty.

Shin

2 minutes ago, Shinjitsu noDeshi said:

build 39.56

I gained a level+ from watching the cooking show that's on at the start of the game. Total of 93.75 experience, and the only learning modifier I have for skills is "Slow Reader". I do a sandbox game, but since I didn't start with any gear in my inventory, I believe it's set to "Survival" for difficulty.

Shin

tv interaction system needs to be rebalanced :/

4 hours ago, Shinjitsu noDeshi said:

build 39.56

Shin

Yeah,   I gained 1.4 cooking levels,  1 fishing level and most of a foraging level from watching tv in the first few days.      I had fast learner and that might have helped. but it seems like staying on that channel is a good idea in the first few days.       

I was wondering if there was a way to give the other channels a reason to watch.     In the RPG Call of Chthulhu there was a skill called Cthulhu Mythos that gave you broad knowledge of various creatures and weird things.     Maybe watching the news about the infection could give you experience in Zomboid Mythos as you listen to various experts.     Which would grant.....?    + critical chance?   - infection chance?    And maybe you could improve it other ways too.   

But of course you can just have two or three TVs so maybe that's not balanced.

Edited by feral_donkey