RELEASED: IWBUMS Build 39.67.3

lemmy101

This map is so inaccurate. Many things not even on the map. I'm in areas with a bunch of homes and all the map shows is trees. I am only running POS mod. If you consider the maps you have in the game, be cool to have a map button to reveal an in-game map. And for those that don't have maps, it builds as you drive/discover. Kinda sucks alt-tabbing out of the game to see a webpage of a map.

3 hours ago, Flukey said:

This map is so inaccurate. Many things not even on the map. I'm in areas with a bunch of homes and all the map shows is trees. I am only running POS mod. If you consider the maps you have in the game, be cool to have a map button to reveal an in-game map. And for those that don't have maps, it builds as you drive/discover. Kinda sucks alt-tabbing out of the game to see a webpage of a map.

If you're speaking about the online map, then I am well aware of that, but I looked thoroughly through the online PZ Map and there seemed to be pretty much no errors in terms of building details and locations for Riverside. To me it seems pretty much 99% accurate. (The only erros I found is that the map claims that there's light switches, doors, decorations, etc... that are placed in-game when they're really not there.

The erros you've mentioned seem to be in areas not popular or just seem to have been forgotten to add to the map since they could be fairly new additions. Since they recently added new smaller areas barely noticeable around the map. 

Edited by Capt.Motty

It's true that the new rural areas of the game that were added in the most recent map fix are not yet on the online map, however this is not an officially complete build and as shown before there are still a ton of bugs with the map.

If the new map was processed as it stands right now, by the time you got the map @Flukey it would still be chalk full of errors.

Please have patience as this takes time. You are in a pre-release build that is widely regarded as unstable for a reason and we probably won't see this updated for some time until it enters the main build of the game. 

Edited by Kim Jong Un

3 hours ago, Kim Jong Un said:

It's true that the new rural areas of the game that were added in the most recent map fix are not yet on the online map, however this is not an officially complete build and as shown before there are still a ton of bugs with the map.

If the new map was processed as it stands right now, by the time you got the map @Flukey it would still be chalk full of errors.

Please have patience as this takes time. You are in a pre-release build that is widely regarded as unstable for a reason and we probably won't see this updated for some time until it enters the main build of the game. 

Oh I got patience, Kim... Don't need to tell me, but again, a lot of people have noticed as have I the inaccuracy and dated-ness of the online map. Keep in mind, we got a guy going around nitpicking a map but in all his assessment he says nothing of all the areas hidden. Who cares that a side-walk is not aligned or a light switch is not there? What bearing does that have on this game in any way? I think adding locations that are not on the map being much more important. But anyway...

Uhhh... no, and that alone is a contradiction to your own complaint. I'm not trying to be rude but I hope you will understand why after this post.

Those things he 'nitpicked' need to be fixed in order for the map you get on the full release to be accurate and arrive as fast as possible. In fact, not doing that would probably slow the process as the developers would have to find those issues themselves. 

I'm not sure there's any place here at all to question his efforts since he actually did a heck of a job documenting what the map people have been hunting down for a long time. I can't speak for the developers but there is nothing wrong with documenting map bugs.

Meanwhile, absolutely everybody is already aware that the map is out of date. Like I said before, this is a testing build. The map already provided covers the map that has actually been released to the public. So... if they did jump the gun and waste time by releasing an unfinished update to the map with plenty of map bugs, the map you would be stuck with for a while would also be 'out of date' in that sense. It would be for a build not actually available to non-testers. It's hardly worth a mention at all especially since, as you said, it has been reported already.

I hope this helps! You have a nice day. This really shouldn't be a drawn out discussion as the map release pertaining to actually released content makes this matter cut-and-dry.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

You seem to have a tendency of being pretty aggressive towards things. The fact that you say "we got a guy nitpicking" makes me seem like a duffus. The online map itself isn't a problem, I don't see how the map not showing new areas is a big issue. To rely on a map for gameplay experience is not my thing, since to me that ruins the sense of exploration.

I get that you might need the map every now and then to travel to certain areas so you won't get lost in the almost empty world but I am sure they'll fix that soon. 

You also seem to have missed my point when I did that recent report. The reason for that is there to mention the map design flaws at Riverside in-game since in my most recent playthrough I noticed those issues where breaking the immersion. Not that there's errors in the online map. As I feel the devs who made the Riverside section might of either rushed the area or just didn't pay attention. Because to me that's more important for a better gameplay experience than having to care about a user made map for the game.

2 hours ago, Capt.Motty said:

You seem to have a tendency of being pretty aggressive towards things. The fact that you say "we got a guy nitpicking" makes me seem like a duffus. The online map itself isn't a problem, I don't see how the map not showing new areas is a big issue. To rely on a map for gameplay experience is not my thing, since to me that ruins the sense of exploration.

I get that you might need the map every now and then to travel to certain areas so you won't get lost in the almost empty world but I am sure they'll fix that soon. 

You also seem to have missed my point when I did that recent report. The reason for that is there to mention the map design flaws at Riverside in-game since in my most recent playthrough I noticed those issues where breaking the immersion. Not that there's errors in the online map. As I feel the devs who made the Riverside section might of either rushed the area or just didn't pay attention. Because to me that's more important for a better gameplay experience than having to care about a user made map for the game.

Well we can both read into what someone means, but after all it's just text. Like "tendency of being pretty aggressive" you're saying I'm angry or being aggressive, but I'm not being aggressive at all. You don't know me from a hole in the wall. I'm just speaking my mind and my opinion. So nit-picking is aggressive...? ok. It's great that you did what you did. Good going! I'd love to contribute some way too.

For me though, I don't find missing light switches affects immersion at all. Maybe the light switch got knocked off the wall? Maybe it's motion sensor based? In real life, maps show buildings they don't show xray of what's inside buildings. It would almost be better if you didn't show the inside of the buildings because in real life you would have to explore.

BTW I wasn't saying "user made" maps. I'm default settings here, I have no custom maps. I use POS only.

Edited by Flukey

Bugs/Balance/Suggestions

1. It doesn't seem to affect dead crawlers ( so no bump )

2. After you drive over corpses, it may boost you a lot, so you'll speed up like crazy and drive into wall.

3. Zombies can't damage car windows and the most important kill you ( even if your windows already broken ) while you sleep.

3.  Make zombies splat blood only if you hit them at high speed.

4. Make that "2 cars hit each other event" with spawning only hood damage. They spawns at this time full damaged/only slightly at some places.

5. Make that, if you go out of your car on full speed, you get wounds ( scratches, deep wounds, broken bones).

6. You added super-rare cars, that was "carred off by survivors" ( in good condition+filled with gas). Why not also add as loot inside that cars something like annotaded maps, weapons&other stuff? Plus, you can add again super-rare vehicle, that is related to some profession, but have a lot of items ( said, police car with shotgun and alot of ammo, Mailvan filled with newspapers etc ). Of course, make it balanced.

Edited by DramaSetter

• The police car doesn't seem spawn in West Point Police station.
  • I think UI offscreen renderingUI rendering FPS may want to revert to the previous value by default because those who haven't test with IWBUMS & Vehicle will get confused.

I'm patiently wait.☕:mellow:

Edited by halkaze

4 hours ago, Flukey said:

Well we can both read into what someone means, but after all it's just text. Like "tendency of being pretty aggressive" you're saying I'm angry or being aggressive, but I'm not being aggressive at all. You don't know me from a hole in the wall. I'm just speaking my mind and my opinion. So nit-picking is aggressive...? ok. It's great that you did what you did. Good going! I'd love to contribute some way too.

You're acting angry and aggressive whether you see it or not. Key in this is trying to "one up" him by equating your post with his. You're not doing what he did by just listing everything that bugs you about a game in general, with hurt language.  It looks petty. It looks like you're upset that your post wasn't received well.

Now maybe that's just a translation issue and we're all reading more into it than there is, but please try to consider why others may feel your posts are aggressive. 

5 hours ago, Snakeman said:

Xp gained on tv interactions is too much... it level up from 0 to 1,5 only viewing one time (i tested it with a unemployed character with 0 carpentry but a multiplicator for a book "carpentry begginers") . Need to be rebalanced (maybe a percentage per skill lvl?)

Maybe can add a mechanic interaction?

The first level is very, very easy to get, so it's sort of a given. We'll check it out, though.

On 4/29/2018 at 4:06 AM, Capt.Motty said:

Follow up:

IMPORTANT- There are issues that I will only specify in text below this notation since they are easily findable if you where to search for this issue in-game. Since I can't upload more than 4MB of pictures.

-No lightswitch/lights at the Riverside Spiffos kitchen.

-Entrance doors at the Charms R Us icecream shop are placed wrong.

I made a whole bunch of marking in the gated community area in Riverside, it's really broken. Also sorry about the many pictures, I've had to make 3 comments now. But that's all I got. Thanks for your time. I hope the devs notice the errors.

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Mash is on the case, and says thank you very much!

10 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Now maybe that's just a translation issue and we're all reading more into it than there is, but please try to consider why others may feel your posts are aggressive. 

Don't know what to say.. because I might be "aggressive" but I stand by what I've said. Substitute sarcasm for aggressive. Because if I am anything, it's sarcastic.

On 4/29/2018 at 7:36 AM, Flukey said:

To address one thing that I think people have omitted, I believe there is record somewhere that the devs have explicitly said there will not be an in-game map (pop-up or gps-like). The in-game map images are all we get I think, much like real life in the early 90's.

Having a hot-button to open an equipped map would be cool though- here I go to the suggestions thread!!

13 minutes ago, trombonaught said:

To address one thing that I think people have omitted, I believe there is record somewhere that the devs have explicitly said there will not be an in-game map (pop-up or gps-like). The in-game map images are all we get I think, much like real life in the early 90's.

Having a hot-button to open an equipped map would be cool though- here I go to the suggestions thread!!

Yeah that's not on the cards - although with that said there will be maps of the larger area showing where all the different towns are in relation to each other, not just the town maps we have right now. 

2 minutes ago, Batsphinx said:

Yeah that's not on the cards - although with that said there will be maps of the larger area showing where all the different towns are in relation to each other, not just the town maps we have right now. 

But who will bother with the in-game maps? I don't. I use the online map only (dual-display). The only thing the in-game maps are good for are the custom maps or that's what I was led to believe. For example, Riverside map I find in-game is just the same as the online map.

Thanks for the thorough report Capt. Motty! I've gone through them and have made fixes :) However, just a couple of comments regarding some things I didn't change:

- I don't consider more than one light switch controlling the same light a bug; this is a fairly common feature in many homes

- While I altered some fence alignments, not all are "meant" to be aligned and so they were left as-is

- Quite a few of your reports of missing light switches were in rooms that definitely have light switches in my files; we're going to double-check to make sure those light switches have the correct properties, but if you still see these missing in future builds please send me a PM as that means something is majorly screwy.

Also, just a note that these fixes will not appear right away, though they should be in the next build I would think.

Thanks again!

And everyone who gives map bug reports, please note that while I don't fix all map bugs right away (I tend to do it in batches), if you report them I will fix them! I appreciate all your help with this :) 

2 hours ago, MashPotato said:

Thanks for the thorough report Capt. Motty! I've gone through them and have made fixes :) However, just a couple of comments regarding some things I didn't change:

- I don't consider more than one light switch controlling the same light a bug; this is a fairly common feature in many homes

- While I altered some fence alignments, not all are "meant" to be aligned and so they were left as-is

- Quite a few of your reports of missing light switches were in rooms that definitely have light switches in my files; we're going to double-check to make sure those light switches have the correct properties, but if you still see these missing in future builds please send me a PM as that means something is majorly screwy.

Also, just a note that these fixes will not appear right away, though they should be in the next build I would think.

Thanks again!

And everyone who gives map bug reports, please note that while I don't fix all map bugs right away (I tend to do it in batches), if you report them I will fix them! I appreciate all your help with this :) 

-Oh, must be a common thing in Kentucky's homes or where you guys live. I've never seen homes with 2 light switches controlling 1 light source before so I thought it was a bug or unintentionally there.

-Alright good to know!

-Ok this one is kind of strange since I even made a new savegame twice to make sure it wasn't just a 1 time problem or issue with that one savegame. I even verified my game files through steam and I didn't have any mods on while reporting/encountering these issues. So that's rather strange :/

I'll make sure to PM you if I keep encountering issues like these in future builds.

And of course, no problem with the map issue reporting, glad to help when I can. If I ever come across issues about the map/future map additions I'll most likely do this again :)

Edited by Capt.Motty

2 hours ago, Flukey said:

But who will bother with the in-game maps? I don't. I use the online map only (dual-display). The only thing the in-game maps are good for are the custom maps or that's what I was led to believe. For example, Riverside map I find in-game is just the same as the online map.

People who don't want to ruin their experience by using outside resources.

3 hours ago, Flukey said:

Don't know what to say.. because I might be "aggressive" but I stand by what I've said. Substitute sarcasm for aggressive. Because if I am anything, it's sarcastic.

I wouldn't call it aggressive either but Capt. Motty did put a crap ton of time and effect into looking into the Riverside in-game map. He did all that work and you pretty much said it was useless because he

appeared to be 'nit-picking.' Obviously TIS employees would take his side because he's helping them for free. Others are taking his side because he's doing the community a favor by reporting all these (graphical) issues

and could possibly uncover some internal bugs we haven't seen yet, who knows. A 'nit-pick' could be a difference between life and death. For example what if he finds a missing floor on a high story building?

I get it. You thought the online map was more important and he was more focused on the actual game map.

I must admit, I use the external map (gotta find all those freezers and storage units) all the time but the actual game map is more important. Iron those issues out first then work on the external map accordingly.

As pointed out previously, it takes time to update the external map to match the actual map in the game. Once IWBUMS is moved to stable, only then should you update the external (vanilla) map. By then it is considered 'official'.

On a side note, I'd like actual in-game maps (with all the details included) like those found on maps.projectzomboid.com. Because in theory those in-game maps should be 100% accurate since the developers themselves are updating it.

Also not everyone has the money or space for a multi-monitor setup.

41 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

People who don't want to ruin their experience by using outside resources.

Yes they would rather run into a corner, get trapped and get their faces bitten off by zombies :). Seriously though there are people who want to figure things out for themselves - kudos to them. Not me since this is a permadeath game and I don't like to waste time going around in circles.

6 hours ago, MashPotato said:

Thanks again!

I just wanted to chime in to say that while 3 and 4-way switches do exist (where multiple switches control a single light), this is not something very common in your average Kentucky home. The only place you'd see them is in a large house/mansion, as the feature just isn't necessary unless a very large room is present. I say this as a 14-year Kentucky resident.

Edited by CatCommando
Simplified post