RELEASED: IWBUMS Build 39.67.3

lemmy101

Vechicles are amazing. I have just two things that I noticed that bug me a little bit, though.

1. Perhaps moodlets like being drunk or overly tired could severely impair your ability to drive. I drank a full bottle of whiskey and got into a vehicle (for science), and it has absolutely no effect.

2. The physics of the cars are pretty great, feels similar to driving in GTA. The only thing that is missing is a handbrake (SPACEBAR), so I can drift around corners, because it gets pretty hard to steer when going at top speeds.

Great work, otherwise!

Tested vehicules mainly on Split Screen.

- Zoom works only for Player 1 (M&K)

- Controller Player 2 Issue : There was that weird animation of the car repeatedly going 1 tile front and 1 tile back after starting the engine, in loop until the character got off the car. Player 2 cannot drive.

-Controller 2 has no dashboard.

- Chunks of the map take time to load at some points, and when it has to load, the car just stop, and things work again until the next chunk load, a few meters away.

- Not sure if configurable, but i didnt have to refuel my car after visiting 2 towns away from each other. Gaz tanks are huge.

-Crashing the car made my passenger to get injured, always, but not me the driver. Not sure here if its based on random, but yeah, thats it.

-The characters and zombies are still passing through the front car sprite, thats a bit weird.

Im using hydrocraft, craft helper, soul stealer mods.

The game runs fine tho it gets laggy after some time. From there, i just restart it.

Having cars change the way we loot, having much more places we can cover. It also changes the decision of our base location at early game.

Thankfully to the trunk, we can loot so much more stuff.

Car animations are fine to me, the dashboard is pretty simple and straightforward, its easy to comprehend.

Specs :

Win7 64 bit

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460  CPU @ 3.20GHz

MSI Gaming 5 z97 Motherboard

Edited by D4rkh0bb1T

I make a quite doublon because I start writing before thrusdoid. So i repost main of things here.

• A key disappear problem with actual save disconnected player on MP who really annoying me : If i drive a car, when I leave it but disconnected just after, then I lost key car. (because wasn't in my inventory at the moment of the saved used to reload (driving car), but in the map, it isn't on vehicule (leaved car) !
    I Had some disconnecting by my ISP. Then I'm a little affraid to leave a car and take keys , watching my internet Box, praying to not be disconnected at this moment !
    I finally post for that , because for only last week, on spiffo i lost 3 keys (6seat van, COP; and useless car) due to that, and on server it is not really easy to find keys !
    Key could be "shadowly declared in driver inventory when in ignition" ?!? easy solution, who invert problem : double keys if disconnected when dirving, then add : remove key from driver inventory If key are in ignition at reconnection.
  • Car are always more slow (for my low/med PC spec) in MP than SP except if i zoom in at 50%. (but unplayable). So actually i play with zoom in/out to manage acceleration and car speed. 
  • From some vehicule release in SP, I got bigs lags on firsts minutes on each new game. I don't know if a preload can be possible, could be annoying and distrubing for new players.
  • Mechanic "waiting diagnostic" should be done only when don't done before. Such as a 1 minute instant acces allow or such bypass. because if I watch my back to kill one zombie, (so 10 sec...) when i turn me to reopen window have to check again ! So If 1 zombie arrive each 20sec, I can't do anything on a car.
  • Car hurted seems to be moved too much as if all car are a 3 doors little car. worth with wrecks and no wheels (or missing wheels) cars.
  • Car diseappering as players and zombie is really really annoying... above all in fight action around a car !
  • trees can grow under cars. they may should regress.
  • Valuline 6 seats still have a weird door behavior :
    • Until I keep a lateral door open all rear place (of two side) are accessible.
    • facing rear wheels show rear seat. I keep my opinion that facing lateral door should display 2 seats, middle and rear (as a 2 stacked crate). to get in rear place, juste get in with a default to middle, then if occupied, get in rear seat.
    • as trunk space as the 2 place model...
  • still can knockback zombies under car (as they fall crossing wall) there isn't a way to force angle when close to a colision box ? may an other "will be obsolete with anims"
  • I hear players (who i suppose to be close to me before) claping doors and hoods even if they go (very) far away.
  • car jack and lug wrench are very difficult to find as they are mostly include with all cars ! (With spare wheel)
    (With lucky trait watched all garages of West westpoint, to finally find (only) one in the garageShop of center.
    IG, as that serve only wheel maintenance, i don't think make them common could alter gameplay.
  • in GarageShop (I visit West Point) it seems that  there is a weird balance spawn :
    • No glasses and windshield
    • But sooo seats
    • No muffler
    • But soooo gaz tank
    • No engine parts (but this one don't really annoying me)
    • Car doors, because front and rear one, seems appear more often than hoods (are they spawning ?)
    • barbed wire ?

No vehicle related :

• I try the locking system of doors : following "1 kind of keyS (un)Lock 1 kind of doorS but no more" bug.
    then now, in 41 :
    • "1 kind of doors" can be locked and unlocked without any key.
    • Gate aren't lockable anymore ( May I was able to lock it because last point ! not because have got the key, so I wasn't supposed to be allow to lock it, then false bug due to unauthorized action ?)
    • No lockable door enlighting by working key (but no need of key, so don't know is too related to point 2 line upper)
  • Forage : (In MP) From 2 release I didn't succeed to find anything but Materials even leveling 8, there is any major changes I miss ?
    that's my 4st character who I up at forage lvl 8. and I find only materials, I try differents zone, differents times, now tested at differents season, But lvl 7/8 forage still give me only materials (even reading herbalist).
    Somebody succeed to find other stuff ? I miss a constraint ?
  • Farm : I can't use fongicid or insecticide on potatoes and cabbages, but work on tomatoes. (they are infected, I got spray, but I have right clic option only for tomatoes,)  i lost mostly potatoes and cabbage plants.... because unable to cure them.
    don't try other kind of plants.
  • If swing in the air with axe or other, then zombie heard me, but i don't make any noise or other, even a transfert is more louder.
  • I didn't see it before : fill a blow torch with propane tank take half of tank. (for a weight of 20 ?) blow torch weight is 0.3... so i stock blow torch and propane tank is "usefull" only for barbecue.
    Emptying more than 1/15 of tank give tank useless for torch and far of IRL (and really rare propane by tank).

Mainly good stability on MP, even on medium aggro with other players. Just try a little bit the siren aggro but not in real case because actually the "waiting diagnostic" (exposed in first line of this post) cause real interaction problem when zombie around and coming one by one by intervalle, making impossible to put or pick a simple batterie! so :

Edited by arkahys

Maybe you want to add the text asking for feedback, which you have already posted on steam.

Anyway, playing bog standard survival I spawned in Rosewood and filled up a whole fleet of vehicles with fuel and drove to a nearby farm. After commuting for a couple of days, I have more cars and fuel that I'll ever need and I am back to playing farmville. A broken muffler didn't impress me any. 

I can drive around the map, but I just don't know why I would do that at all. I know there won't be any airdrops, but there have to be reasons to move. There is no zombie horde approaching, no monsters in the yet non-existing mist, no special loot far away, no need for social interaction, just nothing at all. 

Bugs.

If i drive into the horde, i can "surf" on it, sometimes it throws me into weird car-crash situations.. Also, sport-car is too light, so it's jump high even if i hit on high speed group of 3-7 zombies.

Gameplay.

Well, for me, it's like better version of Nolan's "riding" containers, with much more functions and etc. The physics is really good for game of that type with that small team. I can use them to barricade roads, my base, to store trash in their trunks, use cars with flashers to attract zombies in places i choose ( but never did it ). Anyway, mechanics skill at this moment seems useless. I can change some horrible parts to reach better condition.. Actually, i don't care. Hope for the future updates, so this skill will have much more functionality.

Car's makes my gameplay much easier, but sometimes i felt into dumb situations with 99% chance of death, so beware of GTA driving.

20180402174803_1.jpg

20180404160221_1.jpg

Edited by DramaSetter

Here is a bit more feedback.

I think the very high requirement to be able to hotwire a car is all fine and dandy, because there are already plenty of vehicles available for both survival and 6 months after.  If anything there are too many vehicles almost ready to go.

Finding a battery is a pain in the ass and it should be that way for 6 months after, but I'd prefer to see more extreme vehicles conditions. By that I mean a decently charged battery, but all tires gone, or some doors ripped off. Another vehicle can still have some fuel, but the engine is beyond repair. Right now it doesn't feel like anyone left a vehicle for a good reason, but it looks like they suffered from wear and tear, which couldn't have happened. You got a bit of storytelling with the barricaded houses and people committing suicide and you can easily extend that to vehicles. 

Testing out this test build here is my feedback on the vehicles.

The car battery drains really fast.  I found a Fire Department Dash Bulldriver in good condition and drove it from the Rosewood Firehouse all the way to the farmhouse near the farmers market outside Rosewood and the car battery went from 99% to 60% car batteries dont die from driving for long periods of time. hopefully some way to make car battery last much longer. Also muffler still seems to degrade too fast but my car battery seems to drain much faster then muffler.

Ok so I have noticed that my Blunt Guard Skill is not leveling like it was in the vehicle beta.  I have beaten up a few zeds and I know my condition hasn't dropped for all of them, yet I have not gained any skill increase.  Was that skill increasing changed in this update?

I am on the new IWBUS build.

Funny thing is it still says vehicle build when I start the game up for version type.

Is that what is supposed to say or is it supposed to say IWBUS build version#?

Edited by Dreacon78

1 hour ago, Dreacon78 said:

Ok so I have noticed that my Blunt Guard Skill is not leveling like it was in the vehicle beta.  I have beaten up a few zeds and I know my condition hasn't dropped for all of them, yet I have not gained any skill increase.  Was that skill increasing changed in this update?

I am on the new IWBUS build.

Funny thing is it still says vehicle build when I start the game up for version type.

Is that what is supposed to say or is it supposed to say IWBUS build version#?

Because we knew it was a decently stable build we moved the last vehicle build directly into IWBUMs so yes this is correct. Future ones will have IWBUMs version numbers.

5 hours ago, ughughugh said:

Maybe you want to add the text asking for feedback, which you have already posted on steam.

Anyway, playing bog standard survival I spawned in Rosewood and filled up a whole fleet of vehicles with fuel and drove to a nearby farm. After commuting for a couple of days, I have more cars and fuel that I'll ever need and I am back to playing farmville. A broken muffler didn't impress me any. 

I can drive around the map, but I just don't know why I would do that at all. I know there won't be any airdrops, but there have to be reasons to move. There is no zombie horde approaching, no monsters in the yet non-existing mist, no special loot far away, no need for social interaction, just nothing at all. 

When i started running into this problem (i.e. when I learned how play and "beat" the game), reducing loot spawn and respawn (my go-to is no respawn) does a lot to keep you moving/keep it interesting.

1 minute ago, trombonaught said:

When i started running into this problem (i.e. when I learned how play and "beat" the game), reducing loot spawn and respawn (my go-to is no respawn) does a lot to keep you moving/keep it interesting.

Shortly after I started playing (a couple of years ago), I got it in my head to make Kentucky a zombie-free state. Adding vehicles has been a welcome addition to this end - I no longer have to spend days running across the map to find my prey!

Shin

Split screen Co-op issues:

Player 1(P1): Mouse&Keyboard

Player 2(P2): Wired Xbox Controller

Detection: When P1 & P2 are close to each other, P1 can only see zombies that aren't moving or P2 has detected, even when the zombie is right in front of P1. Seems to be that P2 detection radius is overriding P1's.

Televisions: When P1 & P2 are close to each other, if player 1 is watching an educational show on TV, P2 will get the experience for it, even when they are not watching TV.

Foraging: When P1 & P2 are not close to each other. If P2 is in an area that can be foraged, P1 gets the context menu option to forage, regardless if they are in a place that otherwise couldn't be foraged.

Sound: Sounds are focused on P2, P1 cannot hear any sounds if P2 can also hear sounds.

Carpentry: P2 cannot upgrade wood wall frames at all, no context menu options for it appear.

Edited by Kurogo

3 hours ago, Zomboid said:

Horrible glitch, game is teaching you that you can drink and drive. I hope that the driving is MUCH more distorted than the drinking and walking to teach a valuable lesson.

I think same distortion should apply when you're panicked and severity based on your panic level.   

Well for starters, the game seems to run like the old builds for me, so that is great, no FPS losses there.

Is there a way to siphon gas though? Out of 10 vehicles i checked, only 1 has like 1 to 5 units of gas, so when the power goes out i cant imagine how you can use vehicles or use a single vehicle at all if you cant take gas from other vehicles that you dont have the keys for.

This may be a very strange bug but ...

- When I run for a while the character continue moving in the direction i last pressed for a random amount of time after stopped pressing the buttons. This impacts driving in a very lethal ways sometimes. Happens also in stable build, but it is much less frequent.

Thank you :)

28 minutes ago, Blasted_Taco said:

Well for starters, the game seems to run like the old builds for me, so that is great, no FPS losses there.

Is there a way to siphon gas though? Out of 10 vehicles i checked, only 1 has like 1 to 5 units of gas, so when the power goes out i cant imagine how you can use vehicles or use a single vehicle at all if you cant take gas from other vehicles that you dont have the keys for.

You need an empty gas can, and press "V" near car with gas>"siphon gas".

All that I write below was checked on the server I created (7 GB RAM was allocated and there were no players besides me). But I am sure that 99% of the problems listed will be in the SP too. Server settings are default.

Weirdnesses and bugs:
- As I wrote earlier, the inability to break the machine completely (only the body and the exhaust pipe are damaged by crahses).
- When the glass is damaged, strange stains appear on it (screenshot 2018-04-05 (3).png).
- The character constantly removes the keys from the bunch of keys.
- In the build mode, the game shows me the necessary materials for Double Dence Gate, but for everything else - no (I do not know which side here is the error).
- As for me, it's a bit strange that the glass at the door can be whole when the door itself is broken.
- Somehow zed managed to bite me through the WHOLE glass of the machine. Still at the same car there were no textures of shone headlights. (screenshot of this vehicle 2018-04-06.png).
- In the town near the riverside (there are many trailer-like houses), I found only 1 bottle of whiskey (for the whole town). But the bag of cement was in every kitchen. it's strange.
- It is also strange that in some auto repair shops (there are all kinds of spare parts for cars) there are no tools for working with cars, but there are nails, hammers, etc.
- Even when playing on the server (in the SP did not check) when hovering in the action menu of the car to "sleep" always appears the inscription "can not sleep while the engine is running"
- I think that this is not a bug, but a temporary feature, but still. Completely broken glass looks very strange (just a black cloth). It would be possible to make at least glass fragments along the edges.
- I would like more loot in cars. After all, in reality there should be first-aid kits, spare wheels. But it is too rare.
- Do so that when you try to sit on the seat where there is a loot, some inscription was displayed.
- All cars initially opened the trunk (in the sense, fully open). Else hood closing does not close the diagnostic window.
- At 21% of the state of the trunk, its capacity was 18 kg. After the repair, nothing has changed, even with 100% state of the whole vehicle (screenshot of this vehicle 2018-04-06.png).
- With pitch black nights, the headlights barely illuminate anything. And in general, car lighting suffers. They are always dark, then shone. But if you turn on the flashlight directly in the car, then the problem disappears. I would also like to see the switching of near and distant lights.

Average FPS in towns is 50 (with completely outlying camera) and 60 (at middle distance). But sometimes it can fall to 30 (it was never below). I attached my display settings (settings.png).
Motherboard: ASRock B75M-GL R2.0
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU 3.40GHz
Videocard: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780
RAM: 12GB DDR3

I wrote everything from memory, so I probably forgot something else =(

2018-04-05 (3).png

2018-04-06.png

settings.png

Edited by Alewa

45 minutes ago, DramaSetter said:

You need an empty gas can, and press "V" near car with gas>"siphon gas".

Huh, i guess i didnt see that one, i did have an empty can and looked about in the mechanics window and tried in the context menu but i guess i didnt saw the new option to do it. Thanks.

28 minutes ago, Blasted_Taco said:

Huh, i guess i didnt see that one, i did have an empty can and looked about in the mechanics window and tried in the context menu but i guess i didnt saw the new option to do it. Thanks.

Not all cars have gasoline ( your K.O. )

This is the first time I can go to the mall, thanks to the cars :D

1. But if I go to the shopping mall, my game starts to freeze during 1 or 2 seconds (can you say stuttering? I read something similar from other user whit a similar problem). More comonly when I'm surrounding of zombies, making the game unplayable. If I left that area, the game keeps freezing every little while.
  2. When I honk my ban continuously, the sound starts to repeat, ok, but sound so weird, as if I realized that the audio starts again with a strange sound.

Suggestions:

• Vehicle shops have only a few vehicule components, I think they should be full. I can't believe during a zombie apocalypse people run for their lifes with tires and car doors...
  • Definitely, is necessary a tutorial in order to learn how mechanical skill works, at least at the beginning.
  • Why vans have this "beep" when you're moving backward? At least in my country is impossible to hear a van doing that haha, Is it common in UK/EEUU? Here is only mandatory for tractors, lorries, or big machinery, but sounds so weird to me for a van. 

Thank you for keep developing this amazing game!

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU 4.20 Ghz
RAM: 16 GB
GeForce GTX 1070

Edited by Elorh

2 hours ago, Elorh said:

Suggestions:

• Why vans have this "beep" when you're moving backward? At least in my country is impossible to hear a van doing that haha, Is it common in UK/EEUU? Here is only mandatory for tractors, lorries, or big machinery, but sounds so weird to me for a van. 

In the U.S., commercial vans and delivery trucks have a "back up alarm" to alert people behind the vehicle that it's moving backwards.

Shin

Edited by Shinjitsu noDeshi