RELEASED: IWBUMS Build 39.60
19 19

368 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, headzit said:

Is there any news about the public release for vehicles? That's what I'm waiting for most.

Depends on whether the whole "cars teleport back to their original position" thing is sorted. Really need people to check in MP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bugs IWBUMS 39.60

1. Driving thru a constructed wooden gate slows down cars until they reach the other side and then flings them off at a high speed. (as of latest patch only, built about a week ago)

2. Deconstructing log walls yields nails. (or at least a week ago, as of today)

3. And I have had a few spawns inside of walls after constructing a raised lookout spot with only sheet ropes to access either side, I'm guessing they are spawning on the second lvl and jump down the window to reach a generator.

 

 

Also, the hood on cars could use a buff as well as the noise maker, alarm clocks still seams louder. Haven't seen a single TV remote, found pretty much everything else.

And a suggestion would be that multiple generator could extend the usage before refueling.

Also a question on generators dose the amount of appliances connected impact the fuel consumption?

 

 

*Edit, single player only, and props on performance my potato can run cars with a few loading hiccups with loading the road a head, or a couple of random freezes both in and out of cars, but nothing constant, maybe once in an every real-time hour. No major issues, for a potato.

Edited by Bilb0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bilb0 said:

Haven't seen a single TV remote

TV remotes are really rare, I personally believe they're too rare.
They can only be found in electronics stores and small tables (sidetables)

 

4 hours ago, Bilb0 said:

Also a question on generators dose the amount of appliances connected impact the fuel consumption?

I don't believe so. I'm pretty sure it's just 1% fuel per hour regardless of connected appliances, but I could be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i tested schoolbags on westpoint school.
If system confirm to fill a schoolbag (fillRand = 3). Items go to objectContainer(Locker) and not inside of a schoolbag.
Maybe have this problem with all items containers generated on the entire map when system choose to fill it inside of objectcontainer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My experience/thoughts post patch...

 

- I have my own dedicated server, I've not experienced the car warp/pylon glitch on it. I've not tested on SPIFFO.  Hopefully others will provide feedback on it. 

- I find there are certain things not spawning or extremely hard to come by in the game, namely:

     - skill books. I find I have to really scour for them and they don't appear to be re-spawning in the bookstores. (I'm sure on SPIFFO server they spawned in WP book store).

     - magazines (recipe)

     - Bags (searching bodies, crates, closets etc) is bags like normal and big bags.

     - wrenches

     - maybe just my luck but mailboxes at homes, 99% of time empty. (at least in WP where I mostly been)

- I've died by  invisible zombie (informed this is a lag or part of the car glitch) on my own dedicated server

    - zombie scratched me and there was nothing i could do, eat, take antidepressants, pain pills.. just went downhill. (i had lvl 2 first aid too)

- I've had 2 instances where the dedicated server was running but nobody could connect.. I pressed enter a few times in console and then people connected. Weird.. I know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Flukey said:

My experience/thoughts post patch...

 

- I have my own dedicated server, I've not experienced the car warp/pylon glitch on it. I've not tested on SPIFFO.  Hopefully others will provide feedback on it. 

- I find there are certain things not spawning or extremely hard to come by in the game, namely:

     - skill books. I find I have to really scour for them and they don't appear to be re-spawning in the bookstores. (I'm sure on SPIFFO server they spawned in WP book store).

     - magazines (recipe)

     - Bags (searching bodies, crates, closets etc) is bags like normal and big bags.

     - wrenches

     - maybe just my luck but mailboxes at homes, 99% of time empty. (at least in WP where I mostly been)

- I've died by  invisible zombie (informed this is a lag or part of the car glitch) on my own dedicated server

    - zombie scratched me and there was nothing i could do, eat, take antidepressants, pain pills.. just went downhill. (i had lvl 2 first aid too)

- I've had 2 instances where the dedicated server was running but nobody could connect.. I pressed enter a few times in console and then people connected. Weird.. I know.

Add axes to list and car tools. Also, did you know that some cars supposed to be filled with themed loot like "farmer's car" should contain farming supplies etc? I bet you haven't found a single car with specialized loot on your server. Add it to list too. And so on. (Mailboxes are empty everywhere and books are missing from every bookshelf, not just bookstore.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay Smash Window has been fixed - zombies now react to that - in fact they react a lot (which is great).

Still missing the floodbar above character head when doing some actions from backpack though i think. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, junglistjim said:

Yay Smash Window has been fixed - zombies now react to that - in fact they react a lot (which is great).

Still missing the floodbar above character head when doing some actions from backpack though i think. 

 

It was intentionally removed as it caused issues with the player name and was redundant, given it's shown in the inventory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/5/2018 at 9:42 PM, ditoseadio said:

A bug, a suggestion and a question!

 

Bug

If we uninstall a radio from a car and remove the battery from the radio, the radio will be at 100% when it is reinstalled.

Also, if we uninstall the radio again, put the battery back in and reinstall it in the car, we'll get XP over and over again.

 

Suggestion

It would be a good idea if you have a vehicle key on your keyring, when you get out of the vehicle, the vehicle key will be returned to the keyring and not to the main inventory.

 

Question

Why doesn't appear the action bar above our character in certain actions as before? (Taking items from containers or backpacks for example)

 

Please @RobertJohnson @Batsphinx @Connall:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ditoseadio said:

 

Please @RobertJohnson @Batsphinx @Connall:)

 

RE: Question

 

Action bar was removed for inventory transfer, because they were generally exceptionally very quick and with smaller items, it would cause the username to jiggle in multiplayer, which proved to annoy quite a few people. So it was disabled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2018 at 2:40 PM, RobertJohnson said:
  • On 5/17/2018 at 2:40 PM, RobertJohnson said:
    • Rooms named emptyoutside (used by roof-hiding) are no longer treated as interior rooms. Emptyoutside rooms were placed in BuildingEd on roof-like bits that stick out from buildings as well as covered areas (at gas stations for example).
    • Treating these as rooms caused some issues:
    • 1) Zombies could spawn in them (on roofs overhanging the level below for example).
    • 2) Generators placed in them would poison the whole building.
    • 3) Lighting wasn't the same as other outside squares.
    • 4) Curtains might be placed on the wrong side of windows.
    • 5) Exterior doors were treated as interior ones.)

    Is there a fix/fixed or a way to do this similarly for interior rooms where you change the room name over the container to modify specifically its loot rolls?  When I do this on the current public release, those objects become blacked out in similar fashion when not directly looking at them.

     

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Strykar said:

Is there a fix/fixed or a way to do this similarly for interior rooms where you change the room name over the container to modify specifically its loot rolls?  When I do this on the current public release, those objects become blacked out in similar fashion when not directly looking at them.

I'm not sure what you mean.  Are you calling getContainer():setType() to change the container name?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, just in the building editor.  I'm creating rooms for specific containers, or areas of a room, and changing the internal room name to spawn from specific item distributions.  I'm guessing I should likely be doing this another way.

 

For example.  In a bedroom, I may want to have lots of toys on a shelf because it's a kid's room.  So I'll tile out a space or two for shelves or other container, remove the internal walls manually, and set the internal name of the room to toystore or something.

 

It would be nice if I could manually select containers to have them spawn from certain distribution groups rather than using room names as the mechanism to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
19 19