RELEASED: IWBUMS Build 39.67.3

lemmy101

11 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

@Tails Can you give me some pzmap links of the farm house you've tried? I remember adding some parking stall on farm, but i must have forgot some (they're quite hidden sometimes.. :D) (PS: I always loved Tails, way more than Sonic :D)

farm houses lack vehicles in the drive ways haven't seen a single vehicle there. 

some other locations also lacks some vehicle spawns such as:

Farmers market outside of Rosewood.   https://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.35044683970667123,0.32034671396204334,228.95091994576572

2 houses in rosewood with the sliding glass door on the back. https://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.3414960987466333,0.2948469851216612,158.99369440678177

2 farm houses near riverside.

https://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.4993530493099765,0.08614258646251338,106.49333312354108

Army Quarters. https://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.37294718243806096,0.31253946865964766,51.35673858195466

This might be nothing but I started to test out the cars (loving it) and I used The First Week on Normal as my settings as I reckion its closest to 'Vanilla' as possible

Here's the silly catch when I look in the latestsave.ini file (was curious) it says:

Would_Rose_Wood
The First Week
Hardcore

Everything is write except for the difficulty. Now I started with a bat, hammer, bag, food & water etc so it was defo no hardcore. Normally I wouldnt care about this kinda stuff but the XP gains in hardcore are much lower.

Does this mean that when hitting the 'Continue' button we might run the risk of resetting the XP gains to hardcore?

Just now, Blasted_Taco said:

If i recall correctly, there is finite gas per pump so i wouldn't worry about that.

I prefer having settings in world creation for this. Finite gas or unlimited gas. SP might prefer unlimited while servers might prefer finite or vice versa. Options are always nice in games like this.

On 20/04/2018 at 5:00 AM, trombonaught said:

I'm having trouble getting the trunk inventory to show up. I'm able lock/unlock (I press E and get an unlock sound), but the container won't show up. Got the trunk once, not sure why it worked that time. All trunks above 50% condition. Tried on three different vehicles (all cars of some sort). Anyone else get this?

Not sure if it's new, I've never tried using trunks before...

PS Love the new bounce rate on forest travel!

PPS I still think default gas in vehicles could be (much) higher... ran around half of muld and found only 3 cars with gas in them.

Try "V" - "Open Trunk".

The PPS issue can be solved by selecting easier mode - Initial Infection over Survival - or by adjusting vehicle settings in Sandbox (Easy vehicles, High chance of having gas, etc)

12 hours ago, Pandorea said:

The PPS issue can be solved by selecting easier mode - Initial Infection over Survival - or by adjusting vehicle settings in Sandbox (Easy vehicles, High chance of having gas, etc)

I guess what I meant to say is the default for survival might be higher for the sake of realism. It's weird having a town full of empty gas tanks, unless it's accounted for in the lore.

19 hours ago, PPanda0421 said:

I prefer having settings in world creation for this. Finite gas or unlimited gas. SP might prefer unlimited while servers might prefer finite or vice versa. Options are always nice in games like this.

Good point, it would make a nice option to have that in Sandbox.

Survival should be a finite amount of gas and in multiplayer it should be a finite amount that you can tweak how long it takes to respawn some of it, because unless stationed cars can somehow refill a bit of gas after X amount of time has passed to be siphoned, i can see already Mad Max scenarios of people killing for gas and then going back to walking a lot.

31 minutes ago, Blasted_Taco said:

Good point, it would make a nice option to have that in Sandbox.

Survival should be a finite amount of gas and in multiplayer it should be a finite amount that you can tweak how long it takes to respawn some of it, because unless stationed cars can somehow refill a bit of gas after X amount of time has passed to be siphoned, i can see already Mad Max scenarios of people killing for gas and then going back to walking a lot.

It is already finite. Like water, there's only so much in each gas-filled tile.

6 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

It is already finite. Like water, there's only so much in each gas-filled tile.

Yeah i meant like that, but in MP how does it work? Do people really just siphon all they can and after that everything is gone? That is why i asked that maybe a respawn system of sorts could be useful for MP.

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but it would be nice to have some way of pushing the cars (by taking the car off the handbrake and physically pushing it I suppose?)

There was a moment where I've finally found a working car during my playthrough, spending whole night creeping through the abandoned house to find the keys and gas for it, only to realize that I can't refill it because it has spawned right next to the wall, and there is no physical way of getting around to refill it.

I also think it would be interesting if leaving the car with disabled handbrake could lead to some interesting scenarios where it steers off from it's parked spot and crashes somewhere you wouldn't want it to. But that's something to think about later. Pushing is primarily what I wouldn't mind seeing implemented :P

I've seen many issues with the buildings in Riverside. From wrong placements of light switches to no light switches at all in rooms. And even wrongly placed walls etc.. I'll post screenshots of all the places where I've seen issues with the "Design" of the certain areas/structures. Some might be me just being picky but some are game breaking.

I hope I am not the only who has noticed design errors in Riverside. I will post all the screenshots I take for the design errors I find in this comment or I'll make a new comment.

19 hours ago, trombonaught said:

I guess what I meant to say is the default for survival might be higher for the sake of realism. It's weird having a town full of empty gas tanks, unless it's accounted for in the lore.

If I understand the logic behind this design decision correctly, the very low gas levels are there to show that "other survivors" got there first and siphoned it all. This is also why there is so much control over this in sandbox options :) 

That said, the issue is still being balanced, so...

7 hours ago, LeoIvanov said:

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but it would be nice to have some way of pushing the cars (by taking the car off the handbrake and physically pushing it I suppose?)

There was a moment where I've finally found a working car during my playthrough, spending whole night creeping through the abandoned house to find the keys and gas for it, only to realize that I can't refill it because it has spawned right next to the wall, and there is no physical way of getting around to refill it.

I also think it would be interesting if leaving the car with disabled handbrake could lead to some interesting scenarios where it steers off from it's parked spot and crashes somewhere you wouldn't want it to. But that's something to think about later. Pushing is primarily what I wouldn't mind seeing implemented :P

Definitely what i was thinking the other day, there is no way to push cars other than crashing into them very very slowly to clear some roads or when you need to push it a bit to get a clearing.

I am guessing that it will need a animation of sorts, it will involve the handbrake and leaving the car in neutral and consuming a lot of energy? 

Edited by Blasted_Taco

Something is extremely wrong with the passenger-driver desync.

Couldn't move more than a few feet with a passenger in the car (through our new gate) when he black screened and his console log was filled with "player not in chunk" as I drove away. He attempted to reconnect to the game and is now stuck in a permanent black screen. Will try restarting server.

Edit:

Player has re-started PZ and on a restarted server. This is his screen whenever he joins:

unknown.png

Edited by Kim Jong Un

Are the generators still using 20 tile range limits? Is this 20 tiles in all directions? Would like a devs response if possible unless you know for sure from the code.

edit : did a test, it's 21 tiles away. So if you make a base that's lets say 40x40 ( huge base btw ) than a generator on the roof in the middle would suffice for the whole building

edit 2 : just tried it from second story and third story and it didn't matter, not sure if there's a height limit but 2 stories is good enough for me

Edited by Minnigin