RELEASED: IWBUMS Build 39.67.3

lemmy101

3 minutes ago, EasyPickins said:

Was there any error?  If the map chunk failed to load for some reason the vehicle wouldn't be loaded either.

Not that I caught,  when I checked the console this is what I saw:

MISSING in .bank vehicle_start
MISSING in .bank vehicle_failing_to_start
MISSING in .bank vehicle_turned_off
MISSING in .bank vehicle_running_out_of_gas
MISSING in .bank vehicle_skid
MISSING in .bank IdleEngine
MISSING in .bank vehicle_engine1
MISSING in .bank vehicle_engine2
MISSING in .bank vehicle_engine3
MISSING in .bank vehicle_engine4
MISSING in .bank jeep_engine1
MISSING in .bank jeep_engine2
MISSING in .bank jeep_engine3
MISSING in .bank jeep_engine4
MISSING in .bank firebird_engine1
MISSING in .bank firebird_engine2
MISSING in .bank firebird_engine3
MISSING in .bank firebird_engine4
MISSING in .bank van_engine1
MISSING in .bank van_engine2
MISSING in .bank vehicle_horn
MISSING in .bank vehicle_horn1
MISSING in .bank vehicle_horn2
MISSING in .bank vehicle_moveback
MISSING in .bank vehicle_siren_yelp
MISSING in .bank vehicle_siren_wall
MISSING in .bank vehicle_siren_alarm

1 hour ago, Cool_Fox said:

just had a van disappear after continuing a saved game. I had a generator in the trunk, perhaps that caused the bug.

I've had generators on my cars before and have never seen this issue. I'll test this out in my current save and risk some of the vehicles I have near my base. I'll post any error (if any) I get from doing that.

Also, hearing multiple people reporting that their vehicles are disappearing after loading a save is worrying me lol.

Edited by Capt.Motty

26 minutes ago, Capt.Motty said:

I've had generators on my cars before and have never seen this issue. I'll test this out in my current save and risk some of the vehicles I have near my base. I'll post any error (if any) I get from doing that.

Also, hearing multiple people reporting that their vehicles are disappearing after loading a save is worrying me lol.

It was definitely the last thing I interacted with before quitting the game. I tried recreating it but to no avail.

2 hours ago, EasyPickins said:

Was there any error?  If the map chunk failed to load for some reason the vehicle wouldn't be loaded either.

Both Sasha and I have had the car vanish a few times over the past few months, but it's been very inconsistent and neigh unpronounceable, particularity when you consider how often we change between builds. Never managed to get the console.

So! If anyone has a car disappear, don't exit and restart the game. Go to %UserProfile%\Zomboid and grab the console.txt file first. Send it to us. :P 

Also check your %UserProfile%\Saves\savemode\savegame\ folder for a new folder called \blam\. If the game failed to load a 10 x 10 area of the map, the error and the original chunk will be stored here. 

31 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Both Sasha and I have had the car vanish a few times over the past few months, but it's been very inconsistent and neigh unpronounceable, particularity when you consider how often we change between builds. Never managed to get the console.

So! If anyone has a car disappear, don't exit and restart the game. Go to %UserProfile%\Zomboid and grab the console.txt file first. Send it to us. :P 

Also check your %UserProfile%\Saves\savemode\savegame\ folder for a new folder called \blam\. If the game failed to load a 10 x 10 area of the map, the error and the original chunk will be stored here. 

Alright! Cool, thanks for letting us know where to search in-case anyone encounters it again. It does seem to be rare though, but will definitely report it here if I catch the game slipping. 

Also, can I please have the instructions on how to find and get an error file/text? I am quite new to this bug reporting thing and I just want to be sure I help out with the errors we encounter. Or did you just list every step in your last comment?

Edited by Capt.Motty

10 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

That's make me think to an annoying situation(s) for me where can't retreive my past logs there was few weeks ago, I ask for add few tiny lines script to have an history log (as all logs under linux) :

If There was console.0.log console.1.log, etc... aside console.log. I didn't miss some errors reports/debug. Because when i play, i can't acces my directory in same time, an playing time make me sometimes think to other things.

Edited by arkahys

IWBUMS 39.45

[New]

• Added 2 rear seats for the small cars.
  • Load .lotheader files in threads to reduce savefile load times.
  • Player is now notified when trying to enter and vehicle seat is missing or occupied.
  • Clicking the "Turn Off" or "Turn On" button now closes the vehicle ac/heater UI.
  • Added translations for remaining vehicle menu options.
  • Added context menu option to toggle ISVehicleMechanics.cheat in debug mode.
  • Server softreset now resets vehicle key spawns, container loot and shuts off engines.
  • Increased performance when generating a burnt building.
  • Vehicles don't fade out until plahyer is 15 squares away, or enters a pre-existing building.
  • Equipped umbrellas prevent player from getting wet when out in the rain.
  • Player can remove glass by hand - takes double the amount of time to accomplish than tweezers.
  • Initial Gas sandbox option has now more options (very low, low, normal, high, very high, full).
  • Added a Chance of Gas sandbox option (before that, Initial Gas governed the chance of a fuel tank to have gas), options are: low, normal, high.
  • Updated burnt car texture & added new burnt cars.

[Balance]

• Adjusted appearance of the vehicle heater/ac and lightbar UI.
  • Balanced Mechanics XP gain.
  • Increased the odds of spawning the car keys directly in the car/nearby container/zombies instead of on the ground.
  • Increased loot spawn of shovels, cigarettes and lighters.
  • Increased the chance of a vehicle spawning items.
  • Increased the chance of spawning ammunitions in container.
  •  

[Modding]

• Can now get HandWeapon.RunAnim with getRunAnim().
  • IsoGameCharacter now has an avoid damage variable that will negate hitting. getAvoidDamage() & avoidDamage().

[Bug Fix]

• Fixed being able to access Mechanic UI while driving.
  • Fixed irregular rear windows by updating Van texture.
  • Fixed exception in ISVehiclePartMenu.getNearbyFuelPump() if a square is null
  • Fixed exception when removing corpses that spawn in vehicle trunks.
  • Fixed exceptions during server softreset.
  • Fixed exception with Use key when checking for doors.
  • Fixed IsoMetaGrid.processZones() taking a long time to do nothing.
  • Fixed overly-long map names appearing on LoadGameScreen.
  • Fixed clicking on 1x sprites that are scaled to 2x.
  • Fixed rendering a 2x sprite attached to a 1x sprite.
  • Fixed pathfinding glitch caused by failing to update a vehicle's poly.
  • Fixed Wire Fence and Big Wire Fence not being buildable with ISBuildMenu.cheat=true
  • Fixed lighting not updating when climbing over a fence.
  • Fixed vehicle keys spawning in water, under trees, or in solid objects.
  • Fixed vehicle hood being open when it is uninstalled or locked.
  • Fixed fake-dead zombies attacking players in vehicles.
  • Fixed digging graves not being allowed on level 7.
  • Fixed double doors being buildable through perpendicular walls.
  • Fixed -debugtranslation not replacing - with _ in DisplayName.
  • Fixed container overlays not updating when rotten food is destroyed.
  • Fixed ItemPickerJava.updateOverlaySprite() not getting called from some places.
  • Fixed ItemPickerJava.updateOverlaySprite() not clearing overlay from empty containers.
  • Fixed vehicles with unlocked doors and full gas tanks not being available in debug mode.
  • Fixed damage to zombies and height of vehicles bouncing at higher framerates.
  • Fixed player being able to build and place objects on squares occupied by vehicles.
  • Fixed the Van using VanSeats texture.
  • Fixed saves from build 38.30 being able to load, problematically, into vehicle build.
  • Fixed small car burnt 02 using the small car burnt model.
  • Fixed various health-panel actions not being possible in a moving vehicle.
  • Fixed radio/TV broadcasts not giving bonuses to all players in splitscreen.
  • Fixed TV broadcasts not always giving bonuses like radios do.
  • Fixed vehicle keys spawning on zombies - they were previously being lost when the zombie dies.
  • Fixed randomized buildings/stash not being spawned.
  • Fixed installing/uninstalling lights & battery not giving any XP.
  • Fixed mechanics XP in MP being given even when the action fails.
  • Fixed grocerystorage garbage being stocked with fresh food.
  • Fixed missing mechanics UI hitboxes for SportsCar.
  • Fixed missing overlay sprite on corner shelf furniture_shelving_01_8
  • Fixed various map bugs by placing a floor tile on level 0 if there isn't already one
  • Fixed zombie visibility not working right in splitscreen.
  • Fixed car color mask.

Just now, domanz said:

Has the random disappearance of cars the player has used been fixed? Happened to me as well.

23 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

No one's taken me up on it yet, so no. It's not been fixed. :P

32 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

No one's taken me up on it yet, so no. It's not been fixed. :P

Sorry man, would have posted my log but it happened to me some days ago and then I saddened out and played other games :D

Oh and I have no new blam folder, just checked. Was playing sandbox and was in muldrough

Tried finding another car key and reproducing my bug but seems like my neighborhood it fresh out of car keys

the one car the whole neighborhood got a key for is now RIP

Edited by domanz

The vehicles have a great feel to them for what's currently in place.

Had a police siren going outside the mall and nearly crashed my game from the number of zeds reacting and piling up. There doesn't appear to be any occlusion factors associated with structures for reducing the attraction radius of zombies. Zeds were bee-lining straight to the sound source through buildings and within the structure. What happened is on the far side of the mall zeds piled up along the walls and inside they piled up along the windows closest to the source. In addition to the attraction radius, path finding for the zeds wasn't accounting for vehicles so the parking lot had pockets of trapped zeds on sides of vehicles. There seems to be some lag with the zed path finding when a lot are reacting to sounds.

8 hours ago, Cool_Fox said:

just had another truck disappear this one also had a generator in the bed. Attached is my console.txt before exiting.

console.txt

Oh god, I just looked through the text file and there seems to be a lot of errors consisting of "missing tiles". Wow, maybe that's the problem? Those are to many errors. Hopefully that's the bug that's causing the cars to  disappear.

Edited by Capt.Motty

Burn the culprit

11 minutes ago, Capt.Motty said:

Oh god, I just looked through the text file and there seems to be a lot of errors consisting of "missing tiles". Wow, maybe that's the problem? Those are to many errors. Hopefully that's the bug that's causing the cars to  disappear.

Burn the culprit before he turns!

I mean I hope that bug gets fixed soon because it makes me have my manperiod

Hello ^-^

After ~ 30 hours with the IWBMS (before the update of yesterday), here's my feedback from a game with a friend on a private server hosted on my computer. I don't have any logs saved right now in case you ask for it...

• The players (NOT THE HOST) have some issues with a "black wall" if the player is moving to fast (with a vehicule for example). This one can be the driver or any seats, the world can sometimes won't load in time. This "black wall" is a tilemap/chunk (don't know how you call this) is going to be empty, without any entities in it. After a moment, this "black wall" is going to fix himself (after loading something I guess ?)
  • The HOST can't see the location of the car updating if someone is driving(not the HOST) is in this one, even by getting out of the car. If the host try to get in the car, he's not going to update the car. If the other player leave the driver seat and the host start to drive, the car is going to be teleported for all the players to the host perspective.
  • If you have way to much zeds ingame and you restart your game (or just to the main menu), well... All the zeds are gone.
  • If you leave the siren of a car ON for a long time, zombies are going to spawns until you turn the siren OFF. However, if you don't do anything you can end with 4k of zombies next to the car. All the other zombies are going to be retarded. They don't care of you and you own car until you kill them. This exploit can let a player able to loot the entire town without any trouble, use the bug from above and turn off the siren.
  • If you have too many zeds around (from 500 zombies ?) the loot table is going to break, by that I mean I can get 4 axes in 1 minute. I don't really know why, but this glitch is only with the axe x)

All the other bugs/glitch I saw have been fixed :b

We don't use any mods and we play with a average ping of 60 ping both of us.

Ho and one last thing ! It's nothing but with the sport car, the entry points for the seats are not in front of the doors.

4 hours ago, Capt.Motty said:

yea I'm curious as to the cause of it. I'm going to verify my files just in case. It seems to only happen in saves where I've died, remade a character to continue playing, and saved/quit to resume playing later. 

One strange thing happened to me that never did on the Vehicle test beta, I started up a car and drive maybe a few feet, clipped a mailbox and the car flipped onto its side and hovered in the air :shock:. I was barely moving when I hit it too

Hello again ! I had a strange bug only a few minutes ago, all the entities (zombies, vehicules) was missing after ~10 minutes. The corpses was still there and I was able to see my friend. However I was unable to turn off the engine of my car. All the zombies was stuck in place with their current animation. You can see them only when you are at a couple of meters from them (around 5 meters). I have sent the logs named "console", "server-console", "coop-console".

So in short, all the entities was visible only at very short distance AND only for the zombies. The vehicules were totaly gone...

I hope I gave all the informations you needed :b

console.txt

coop-console.txt

server-console.txt