my pz base ever est the new cars update i've been going really great!

27 minutes ago, Zomboid said:

Devs, we need an update to stop this abomination of a base, zombies need to be able to break down car doors and climb through the other side or climb on top of, over, under cars!!!

No, they totally shouldn't. Otherwise, they can climb over small cars ( sport, regular ) and overturn vans with amount of time, depending on amount of zombies "pushing" it, with ability after that to climb over.

I think the best way to add this gameplay wise comes with animations. When they come we can have zombies breaking into windows and climb through at a decent pace. Giving the game the balance it needs and the realism it deserves :)

I have mixed feelings about it. 

Using vehicles as a barrier is an awesome example of emergent gameplay, and it's fun to me, because it's so unusual. 

I think it's more realistic to expect zombies to fall over, see the tasty legs of the survivor and crawl through underneath larger, higher-set vehicles such as pick up trucks and SUV's.  

It's a lot better use of resources to create 2 animations: 1 for tripping,  1 for crawling, than it is to... make zombies navigate through a vehicle's interior...Hell. Even I have trouble doing that in RL and i'm no zombie. 

And expecting zombies to crawl over the hood of a car? Really depends what sort of zombie we're talking about. Can be tied to a zombies navigation skill, and thus game difficulty. 

Then again the real deciding factor is whether it's worth the team's resources to implement a zombie crawling OVER a car, when they can just crawl underneath one. And  i think it's perfectly fine to have a few car-types that zombies can't crawl through underneath, i.e. sports cars.  It'll give them an actual purpose as barricades when gas runs out. 

Just sledge the floor on the second floor of any building and boom. Instant zombie proof base. Hilarious extra meta strategy is if the zombies intelligence is low enough they just walk off the cliff. You go afk for a good long time with a horde self-suicide and when you come back they'll all be crawlers. Crawlers cannot bang on structures / doors, so if you can manage to get a wooden fence / wall around them you'll have your own zombie crawler pit.

Archived