Graphical amount bar instead of (one/half/all) and (5, 10, 15, 20, 25, etc...)

arkahys

I finally find a thing who annoying me for years without find a solution.
when transfert : there is only one, half or All.
When water plants, you have a long list with all quantity increased by 5.... (asking to me what link are this numbers for a long time)
When cooking you can only put full ingredients.
Wehn eating and drinking : quarter, half, all.

All of this could be easily resolved by a graphical quantity  bar to choose the amount desired.bar.thumb.png.b0f7be3b431a88b5495f2d49afa3fd8b.png

All of this could be displayed in % except for transfert. (so 40 in my first water exemple should be 100 too, 23 becoming 57.5%)

There is two 100%, one of container and one of need. 100% of need is better :
If the need of plants is superior to the pot, then the grey part couldn't be filled (could be an option saw only with lvl...) easy way to know that it need more water. (may add 2 gray layer for what pot can't fill)

Same bar could be usefull for many selection. Eating and drinking (with a default at 100%). With last sentence, We can easily know what amount of eat/drink we need to be sated.

I don't think to draw an option  when i got the idea, who clarify things for players : display the quantity remaining of container
in the last water exemple : if the pot contain 50 and the need of plant is 100: display in the corner window : 27, who is what will remain after 23% use.

Edited by arkahys

I like how the original inventory system was just pictures and no words or numbers, by having all this detail it actually makes it more un-immersive and more like a role play book.

Edited by Zomboid