MegaviBlades - Stone Saw, Sharpening Stone, Artisanal Knife and more !

megavigore

Version 1.4.1 - B41.78+ Compatibility Update (17/08/2023)

English/French

Compatible Necroforge
Compatible SP/MP

Download Link :

Steam Workshop

Nexus Mod

Mirror

Manual Installation (If you downloaded from Nexus Mod or Mirror link) :

1.Drag and drop the folder MegaviBlades of the zip in the mods folder of Project Zomboid (C:/Users/(your name)/Zomboid/mods)
2.Launch Project Zomboid
3.Mods > MegaviBlades > Enable

Enjoy :)

Video :

Youtube

Items list and infos :

Weapons :

- M9 Bayonet - Can be found pretty everywhere but rarely, can be more common at somes places.
- Assassin's Blade - Extremely rare.
- Stone Saw - Can't be found, only craftable with 4 chipped stones, 2 tree branch and 1 ripped sheet (or dirty one) or twine. Can only saw logs and become unusable with the time.
- Metal knife & sword - Can be crafted with a sturdy stick and sharp metal blades, which can be obtained if you have MetalWorking skill level 3. Can be repaired a good amount of time with sharpening stone and easy to make : 1 sturdy stick, 1 sharp metal blade (or 2 for sword) and 1 ripped sheet (or dirty one) or twine (only twine for sword). The sword need propane torch and welding mask to be make.

- (Removed) Katana - Can be found very rarely on zombies and at somes places of the map.
- (Removed) Little Axe - Can be found pratically in the sames places of the axe a little bit more commonly. Can be found on zombies too. Can cut trees but can't be handled in two hand so less efficient than a true axe.
- (Removed) Stone Knife - Can only be crafted with 1 chipped stone, 1 tree branch and 1 ripped sheet (or dirty one) or twine. Can't be used for cooking (or only to remove skin of animals) and can't be repaired.

Items/Drainables :

-Metal Blade - Can be obtained at level 3 of metalwork with a little metal sheet. It is used to craft Metal Knife & Metal Sword, but have to be sharp with sharpening stone before.

-Sharpening stone - Allow to repair many times blade's weapons, can be found mostly in tools related locations.

-Stone Saw - Can't be found, only craftable with 4 chipped stones, 2 tree branches and 1 ripped sheet (or dirty one) or twine. Can cut only wood and become unusable with the time.

#### Changelog : ####

05/03/2018 - 1.0 : First Release : Adding Katana, Little Axe, M9 Bayonet and Assassin's Blade
06/03/2018 - 1.1 : Adding Stone Axe
10/03/2018 - 1.2 : Adding Stone Knife
25/03/2018 - 1.3 : MetalWork Update : Adding Metal Knife and Sword, Sharpening stone and metal blade. Review of durability & swingtime stats of many weapons.

15/08/2023 - 1.4 : B41.78+ Compatibility Update : Removing Stone Knife, Katana and Little Axe (now in vanilla game). Upgrading cost of crafting a Stone Saw. Improvement of distribution.

17/08/2023 - 1.4.1 : Minor Bug fixes

### Inspired by : ###

LBMKnives - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=859341915
Home Made Saw - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=593493209

#################

Feel free to give me ideas or ameliorations, you can even use my sprite for your mod if you want but credit me :D

Edited by megavigore

• 7 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • megavigore changed the title to MegaviBlades - Stone Saw, Sharpening Stone, Artisanal Knife and more !

Finally I updated this mod for build 41 ! Sorry for late answer, I added in the description of items where to find sharpening stones (mostly in tool related location).

If someone is good for 3d modeling, It would be a pleasure to add somes models (I tried myself with blender, it ended with an invisible M9 Bayonet...), obviously author will be credited !