How to create a vehicle beta server?

WharGhol

Question

I am having trouble hosting a server by the normal means via hitting the host server button. My friend cannot connect to me (Server busy/ connection failed) and I cant connect to him. Is there some new trick? Ive tried looking for server build guides but only find ones pertaining to older patches.

3 answers to this question

repost a PM message :
Do you play with steam ?
personnaly, I don't succeed to make server by "in game hosting"
If you use steam, you can try this :
go to library > tools > install "project zomboid dedicated server",(it install almost a copy of PZ, so you need space) choose beta in prorieties if you want vehicles as you done with your game.
You can find the server config file at same location as saves ( %userprofile%\zomboid\ ), go to the folder "server". there is a servertest.ini that you can edit before launch server.
public=true                                    >> to be seen in public list.

password=XxxXxXx                       >> to allow only people who know the password to enter your server.

AutoCreateUserInWhiteList=true  >> with the password option, you can allow all players who can access to create a user.
modify all option you want, in the same folder there is a sandbox file too that allow you to parameters ingames options.
then in steam : launch the dedicated server, and your game.
Advantage is that you can let friends play without running the game and your server could appear in public list.
don't forget to stop server !

Reposting from Reddit . . .

What trips most people up is just

• Sending the invite from the game's UI (not your Steam friends list or the Steam overlay). It's found by pressing ESC once on the server (as a host) and going to Invite. Double click your friend's name to send the invite.

• Your friend should have the game closed. It'll either be a dialog box about launching PZ with special parameters or a chat popup with a white background

Archived