Wait, zombie ghosts were real?

Blasted_Taco

So anyone who has played the old builds of the game knows about the ghosts zombies, the ones you swore they were there but they were not but still made sounds and were trying to munch you.

So i always thought they were like bugged zombies, kinda similar to how the rain would bug out and you had static rain forever in the map. Since i sometimes i watch videos to have background noise doing other stuff i was watching the guy who survived a year on the old builds and reached a part where he did nothing but eat potato chips and rotten food until he reached new years eve and ran out of food and went downstairs for the first time in a long time.  Then he starts seeing zombies inside his house, lots of them (2:04:01)

So they were a feature and not a bug? (Because he can kill the ghost zombies), i recall they always appeared and then they were gone and people said they were bugged.

Some really old mondoids do mention them as an effect of being super tired and/or the character going insane.

The insanity part could be fun in the future when NPCs become a thing and they show up as random zeds to the PC who's losing it. Something to the effect of the opening sequence of Metro: Last Light

Hallucinations as an effect of being tired would be nice to have, it would give me the least bit of an incentive to give a damn about that moodle I feel I can safely ignore 65% of the time.

My my, PZ sure looked ugly on the early days. Really gives a perspective of just how much work the devs has done...

Still, I gotta say that the idea of ''hallucinations'' on an extremely tired or partially insane character could be a great thing, specially if the character is taking shelter is some remote or abandoned place. And once we have Louisville, it would be great to have the Waverly Hills Sanatorium (widely considered one of America's Most Haunted places) to give out that feeling of ''Is that noise I hear a Zed... or SOMETHING else?''

3 hours ago, Blake81 said:

My my, PZ sure looked ugly on the early days. Really gives a perspective of just how much work the devs has done...

Still, I gotta say that the idea of ''hallucinations'' on an extremely tired or partially insane character could be a great thing, specially if the character is taking shelter is some remote or abandoned place. And once we have Louisville, it would be great to have the Waverly Hills Sanatorium (widely considered one of America's Most Haunted places) to give out that feeling of ''Is that noise I hear a Zed... or SOMETHING else?''

Oh, it'll come back.

Hopefully this time the apparitions won't bite and zombie you. That was a bit . . . weird. It took so long to realise that was a real thing.

Archived