Using zombie guts to disguise ourselves.

Lightning Flash

I looked just in case this was already suggested and couldn't find any thread on it, so I figured I would make this suggestion here.

It would be really useful if we could use zombie guts to disguise ourselves among the dead and maneuver our way through crowds without being spotted.

Rubbing the guts will take at least ten seconds of real time. Standing still, it will wear off after roughly 6 in game hours. Walking, it will wear off in maybe 3. When it rains, it will wear off in a matter of thirty or so real-time seconds. Better hope you're not in a horde by then.

Now I know people are going to say that it would make the game relatively easy because people would do it all the time. Of course, there will be repercussions or heavy risks. For example, if you have an open wound or scratch at the time you rub the guts on your body, you will instantly contract the disease.

If you make a sound, you will gradually increase the risk of blowing your cover. If you were to have a cold, sneezing would immediately give away your location.

If you have no wounds and rub the guts on you, every time you do so, you will gradually increase the risk of contracting the infection by 2% the first time, then 4% the second time, and it will gradually increase by 2. So yes, you could potentially contract the virus by rubbing that corpse's guts on you, but there's a horde banging on the door outside and is about to come in any second. Is it worth it?

Of course, this in its own is probably not a great description for it.  In this scene of The Walking Dead, Rick and Glenn shamble through the streets of Atlanta covered in zombie guts, while surrounded by a horde. In the same scene, the smell washes off due to the rain and the zombies notice they aren't dead, and begin to give chase.

While useful, it could be dangerous because you never know when they will suddenly just realize you're living.

• 2 weeks later...

I like this idea and have thought about it myself. I'm sure it could be made into a mod.

My thoughts on it were you would need to have some blade accuracy leveled up to be able to do it, if you had a cut or were cut with the zombie skin/blood on you you could be infected and the bonus is it gives an enhanced version of inconspicuous. Perhaps the closer you get to the zombies the more panicked you would become, increasing heart rate and bringing attention to yourself, or perhaps if you moved quickly rather than sneaking.

I do very much like the idea of it wearing off and rain washing it off as well.