PZ on The King of Grabs

Mallo

I started up a new blog before Christmas, obsessing about two of my favourite subjects: video games and screen grabs, and today I put up a piece about Project Zomboid, so I thought I'd post a link here to show the PZ forum community. Any comments, corrections, criticisms are welcomed.

https://thekingofgrabs.wordpress.com/2018/03/18/project-zomboid-pc/

PS. I've been playing PZ, on and off, since 2012, and have - ahem - quite a few screenshots. Whittling them down to just this fifty has been a bit of a task. And I'm still not entirely happy with them (because it's impossible to feature everything good about this game IMHO). Still: I think it's not a bad representation. Every grab has a caption too. SEO magic. Anyway, thanks. and I hope you enjoy. :-)

King-of-Grabs-Red-2.jpg

6 minutes ago, Vyn Halcyon said:

Love your review. Your screenshots are worth 10000 more words.

I now have a nice post to link to friends whenever they ask me what i'm up to xD 

It's the right amount of text. Not convoluted. 

Cheers Vyn. I've never been a fan of blogs that go on and on... Conciseness is good in my mind. And the importance of good screenshots can never be underestimated. A picture paints a thousand words and all that. And as Will Porter will know: I've had good training. :-) 

Not a best time to promote PZ. What new players will see without animations? They will hope in, play 5 hours and abandon it.

Oh, and don't forget about this wonderful "devs are assholes, doing nothing blah-blah-blah-nevaout from early-access" commentaries.

34 minutes ago, DramaSetter said:

Not a best time to promote PZ. What new players will see without animations? They will hope in, play 5 hours and abandon it.

Oh, and don't forget about this wonderful "devs are assholes, doing nothing blah-blah-blah-nevaout from early-access" commentaries.

ya I have to agree with Drama on this, waiting for animations is probably better. It looks really nice though, I usually don't hop on as soon as I wake up but looking at all your screens made me wanna play :D

1 hour ago, DramaSetter said:

Not quite sure what you mean by "without animations". I'm playing the vehicle test branch 39.5 and the animations seem okay to me. That said: I haven't read any Mondoids recently as I have a problem with the email address they go to. What did I miss?

9 minutes ago, Mallo said:

Not quite sure what you mean by "without animations". I'm playing the vehicle test branch 39.5 and the animations seem okay to me. That said: I haven't read any Mondoids recently as I have a problem with the email address they go to. What did I miss?

About a year of complaining the really nice animations demoed in a few videos haven't made it into the game yet. Something no one new to the game will even know about until they start researching the game, likely.

You can see them here: https://projectzomboid.com/blog/2017/02/buildstatus/

38 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

About a year of complaining the really nice animations demoed in a few videos haven't made it into the game yet. Something no one new to the game will even know about until they start researching the game, likely.

You can see them here: https://projectzomboid.com/blog/2017/02/buildstatus/

Thanks Enigma. The new animations do look great, but I agree that new players will not know about them unless they dig deeper into the dev of the game. So what DramaSetter meant is: it would have been better to wait for the new animations to go in, before reviewing the game? I can see the logic in that, but the review is done, and the lack of new animations haven't affected my opinion of the game. There's nothing to stop me reviewing PZ again, when the new animations do go in. Maybe next time I can take screenshot contributions from the community? Or take a whole new batch myself. This is my third review of PZ, in six years (in different places). A fourth may be in order in the near future. I'll keep an eye on the progress of the new anims. :-)

10 minutes ago, lemmy101 said:

Thanks for the review Mallo! Hope you're doing well! :) Nice to raise our forum quota of ex-zoners :D

Cheers Lemmy. Am not bad thanks. Still alive. Which is all you can hope for these days (IRL and in PZ). ;-) Keep up the good work! :-D 

Archived