A request that mods can't do - Only Indie Stone can!

Vyn Halcyon

Hi favorite Devs <3, 

I was looking long and hard at the Project Zomboid map, and planning my progression through the game, with the Wiki page open on the other screen. 

I was thinking about vanilla survival strategies to use on "official" settings. 

Eventually the Gas Stations will shut off, so I decided it would be a good idea to fill up all the cars on the map with gas, to use as mobile gas tanks for future siphoning, and as spare-part piggies. - line them up at the parking lots. 

I like using cars to loot the living daylights out of *everything*, then park them as mobile containers. Was thinking; I'll just turn the gas station into my new base, or at the very least, rally-points. Like the one closest to the east river "mouth" down south, because it's already got a nice living room built in to the second floor, and plenty of space for cars, and a half-way pre-built (de)fence, and its not too far away from a water source (the river). 

And that's when a logistical problem came to mind... I'm playing single player.  Which means I can only drive 1 car at a time. 

If I am to collect most cars to the gas station, i'd have to run back to get the cars, if i'm at a more remote gas station. 

So I could do the opposite. I could bring gas TO the cars spread across the map, and place a traffic cone in front of a car to mark it as a "Prepper's Cache" with a select amount of supplies (food, water and stuff), and siphon/ strip them when needed, considering they are immune to erosion and ignored by zombies.

When traveling up north to the farm with a well after I used up most of the gas on the map, and need a heavy supply of water for farming and drinking, and all the cars are grounded to be retired as containers that act as walls, I'll still like to be fast. 

dahon-vybe-d7-2017-folding-bike-black-bl

Introducing the foldable bike. The perfect stealth companion vehicle to the car, which will outlast it's host.  Also perfect for driving back to another car for a piggy-back pick up. 

BicycleBersaglieri2.jpg

Well... don't get your hopes up but considering the Vehicle scripts had a basically commented out thing for a Motorcycle it means they were at least playing with the Idea of two wheeled vehicles and the wall that's currently in the way is (according to some posts I recall) player model/animation and attaching it to another entity.

I wouldn't worry, this is gonna happen but I'd say we at least have to wait for the new player models/animations update.

5 hours ago, Svarog said:

Well... don't get your hopes up but considering the Vehicle scripts had a basically commented out thing for a Motorcycle it means they were at least playing with the Idea of two wheeled vehicles and the wall that's currently in the way is (according to some posts I recall) player model/animation and attaching it to another entity.

I wouldn't worry, this is gonna happen but I'd say we at least have to wait for the new player models/animations update.

Ohhh boilerplate code for Motorcycle?  Puurrfect :D

I have a feeling when the new animation system comes out, things are gonna escalate quite quickly on the modding end of things :)

Is the character and associated animations in .FBX? 

33 minutes ago, Vyn Halcyon said:

Ohhh boilerplate code for Motorcycle?  Puurrfect :D

I have a feeling when the new animation system comes out, things are gonna escalate quite quickly on the modding end of things :)

Is the character and associated animations in .FBX? 

Currently we export to X files and then there's an in between proprietary exporter so the PZ engine can read the anim/model.

However one of Bitaboon Mark's tasks is to streamline this process and have the ability to import X files directly into the engine along with more common formats like FBX.

Bikes are something we'd like to do but we have to get a few things worked out and lined up in order for it to happen.

9 hours ago, martingee said:

Currently we export to X files and then there's an in between proprietary exporter so the PZ engine can read the anim/model.

However one of Bitaboon Mark's tasks is to streamline this process and have the ability to import X files directly into the engine along with more common formats like FBX.

Bikes are something we'd like to do but we have to get a few things worked out and lined up in order for it to happen.

Did I mention how much I love you guys? 

Archived