[Vehicles Test Server] Spiffospace: Vehicles

EnigmaGrey

13 hours ago, EniracY said:

Got pointed here by your Thursdoid and saw the server is in an earlier build than my game. Any chance this could be updated? ^_^ 

This is now updated, and it would be hugely helpful if people jumped on today and over the weekend.

Thanks you x

Thanks for the update.

I just tried to drive from the caravan park in Muldraugh towards Cortman, got to the cones and then got teleported back to where I had found the car with me still in it. Was jarring to say the least xD sound always lagged and cut in and out.

Just wanted to say I played the SPIFFO server all night last night.. Never experienced the vehicle glitch. Assuming they made the proposed server change. The only thing I could say was that I was driving in a sports car that is faster than most other cars.. If I were going fullspeed I'd see the pylons but as I eased on the gas a bit they disappeared and never had problems. Was nice to be driving again... My sprinting skills are thru the roof.. lol.

@EnigmaGrey Could you or somebody possibly provide direction for someone who can reset/reboot the Official SPIFFO server? This is your server right? If not I apologize, but server has been vehicle glitched for 2 days. I and others have our chars on your server and want to resume.  Some people I've played with have given up on this game (which sucks) but I haven't. 

Edited by Flukey
grammar

11 hours ago, Flukey said:

@EnigmaGrey Could you or somebody possibly provide direction for someone who can reset/reboot the Official SPIFFO server? This is your server right? If not I apologize, but server has been vehicle glitched for 2 days. I and others have our chars on your server and want to resume.  Some people I've played with have given up on this game (which sucks) but I haven't. 

Where in the world are you based Flukey? We're trying to work out if distance/ping has an impact on this.?

EDIT: And do you still find that the issue is worse when there are more players online at the same time as you?

1 hour ago, Batsphinx said:

Where in the world are you based Flukey? We're trying to work out if distance/ping has an impact on this.?

EDIT: And do you still find that the issue is worse when there are more players online at the same time as you?

Tentatively we have a fix for this, or at the very least an improvement that people's feedback from will lead to the 100% fix. We should be be putting out tomorrow I'd imagine.

Keep the info coming though, as it's all useful.

6 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

Tentatively we have a fix for this, or at the very least an improvement that people's feedback from will lead to the 100% fix. We should be be putting out tomorrow I'd imagine.

Keep the info coming though, as it's all useful.

I'm in Ottawa, Ontario. My ping to server is typically <100ms. Most that have been on the official SPIFFO server when the problem surfaced was 3-4 players. Lately 1-2 players. On my own server (if it matters) I've hosted 8 players for about 6 hours 2 or 3 times on my own dedicated and most we experienced was zombie scratches without zombies near. No car glitch. I've also run speedtest my internet and it's as expected. I honestly don't know if the server has been rebooted recently.. but last night at 11:50PM EST it was experiencing the problem still. I'm too afraid to ask about server again. (BTW I've sent you a PM too).

Edited by Flukey

22 hours ago, Flukey said:

I honestly don't know if the server has been rebooted recently.. but last night at 11:50PM EST it was experiencing the problem still. I'm too afraid to ask about server again. (BTW I've sent you a PM too).

Oh, you don't have to be afraid.  I'm just asking that you consider how you present yourself online, as right now it seems to lean towards deception and aggressive behavior.  Take SoFake's feedback, for example: https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/tracker/issue/1397--{?}/

You'll notice there's no emotional appeal, critique of how the server is managed, or feigned ignorance of prior communications.  There's just good feedback: stack traces, descriptions of the problem, and what happened. Inquiries and reminders are welcome.

In short, skip the melodrama. It does no one, including yourself, any favors.

11 minutes ago, Batsphinx said:

If people could jump on this server over the weekend and let us know how it's playing then we'd be really grateful. Thanks all :)

I'll try to play for some hours this weekend see if I come across any problems in the server. If so, I'll be sure to report them here.

Also since you ask to give feedback on how it plays during anyone's session, I'll give some feedback for that too.

Hoping there's no more game breaking issues.

1 hour ago, EnigmaGrey said:

If people could hop on for a few, drive around like maniacs, and see if this happens

Couldn't reproduce this on SpiffoSpace, but it's kinda hard to gather so many Zeds behind your car without admin, got scratched many times and was forced to hurry before I die.

I did some further "testing" and drove from Muldraugh up to the mall and back to West Point main road, no problems so far (ping is from 130-200), didn't experience the bug where ghostzombies scratch me and car is warping back, only thing I noticed is, driving across the Railroad bridge from West Point over to the mall side is pretty much suicide for the car. Was crashing pretty much constantly with nothing in front of me.

I'm able to repro this fairly reliably by changing physics delay  and server physics delay settings to anything >0. Saw this behavior on 500, 300, and 10. Problem went away as soon as I set it back down to 0 and restarted the server.

Didn't see this happen on SpiffoSpace during the time i tested, and I let myself be surrounded by 50+ zombies before driving around in a van.

I will give it a go tonight

EDIT: I didn't drive a ton tonight but for what I did, I had no issues it was very solid and never saw a pylon. I'll be playing a bit more tonight before heading back to my own server.

Edited by Flukey

I am pretty sure there is someone hacking on SPIFFO. Or maybe I just don't know but this is what happened...

-Someone took my taxi (fine), had no battery. no keys yet drove it to the next house on block. It wasn't hotwired and I had the key on my person. It also had my sweater in trunk, hunting knife on front seat. How?
-My safehouse was dismantled from the outside of the house, all kitchen cupboards even fridge and stove. Bathroom cup.boards. I always stupidly lock my doors and all doors and windows were double barricaded.
-They removed the stairs in my house, removed all my crates and removed floorboards from 2nd floor. Including curtains.

How is this possible? I thought people couldn't destroy your safehouse?

This occurred between midnight EST- 3PM EST today.

Edited by Flukey