[Vehicles Test Server] Spiffospace: Vehicles

EnigmaGrey

So, been playing the new IWBUMS for a few days, trying to check on a few old bugs and discovering some new ones. Here's what I found

-HIGH vehicle spawning does not seem to work; or any of the other settings. Checked on the big parking lots of WP as well as the houses driveways, and the amount of cars is pretty much the same for either. (Note: I am playing on 4 months after)

-Batteries could use a bit of a buff; not as invincible as they were before, but not as they are now that their charge goes down like I'm driving a Prius with no gas on an Expressway.

-Headlights are JUST TOO WEAK; just a fender bender against a tree (less than 20 miles) and they are both totalled (from 100% to 0%, both of them). And as someone with a late 90s car who had a headlight-destroying fender bender, I can tell you that the LIGHTS themselves, usually keep working, even after the outer glass and the reflector cone has been fully destroyed. Heck, in my case, the fender snapped, the hood was botched and the outer glass was fully destroyed, yet the bulb still worked. Maybe we can make it so they take a few more hits before totalling, and maybe if you hit a tree on the right side, not having BOTH of them go out.

-Still can't find any keys or Zed near the car, alive or otherwise, even with all loots set to Abundant. And on the nearby house, the pickings have been slim as well.

-The Mufflers are still made of old toilet paper and spit apparently, because they degrade faster than Link's weapons on BotW. A brand-new, Performance one can't stand a trek from WP to RV and back without dropping half the way back. Why has this still not been addressed? It does not make any sense.

-Right now, Sports Cars are pretty much useless; low trunk space, usually just two seats, hard-to-come parts, obnoxiously LOUD. They sound like the early-days cars (read: like rusty lawnmowers). And even on speed, which should be their finest trait, they are not much better than you average lightweight Standard (Rancher or Horizon). Is there really any point to them beyond the ''Running Zeds over with STYLE'' part? And honestly, I can't even think of any advantage they could have over the rest (because extreme speed ain't exactly a desired trait in this game).

-All cars still start with Small Gas Tanks. Shouldn't they start with a Standard tank? As it is, like, STANDARD?

-Does car weight affects performance in some way? So far, I have not found any reason to not stuff my car with Big Seats and a Big Tank if I can find it. I initially wanted to strip down the doors of my Rancher to make it more maneuverable, but after doing so, I found no difference (besides all these bite marks and scratches on my char).

-You still lose your car if you exit the game while inside of it. This bug has been here since day 1 of the car patches, so I am surprised it still has not been dealt with.

-Loot on Car Mechanics is still a bit off; lots of doors, gas tanks, suspensions and brakes (which is good), nary a dreaded Muffler, or Engine Parts, or TIRES of all things. Even Batteries tend to be rare. (Note, all of this tested with all Abundant loot)

That's all for now.

There is a dude on your server who is going around wrecking people places and just bent on killing people. Is there so e way to get this Olaf guy banned. Apparently he is able to steal things like generators in peoples safe houses.

5 hours ago, Flukey said:

There is a dude on your server who is going around wrecking people places and just bent on killing people. Is there so e way to get this Olaf guy banned. Apparently he is able to steal things like generators in peoples safe houses.

Did you ever let a Negan or Jere into your safehouse at some point? It would appear it owns six accounts, including Olaf. Given the cap is 1 account, I will ban them for that alone. 

No idea on the safehouses / generators. As trespassing is enabled, they can walk in. Maybe it doesn't properly check generators? Olaf picked up one on the second floor, as well as knocked down stairs to what I assume is your base.  That, as far as I know, shouldn't be possible unless safehouses are somehow glitched.

5 hours ago, Flukey said:

Moved to this thread. Reply is above.

@EnigmaGrey

Thanks for looking into that.. I was reporting for another user. I think you got the right person.. It's multiple times I've seen people complaining about this Olaf guy and told them to post here but they didn't seem to understand what I was telling them, and as such I posted for them... I am guess this guy is using some exploits, is it not coincidental that cars etc. starting glitching during the time he was on and people complaining..

I hope the car glitch issue (warping back where you started driving from) is gone tonight.. and hopefully my car is not removed as it was full of stuff. :(

Hello everyone,

I would like to explain the events that occurred and the why of my 6 accounts.

The first account, out of ignorance on my part, I did not put a password, thinking that it was intended only for private servers, another player unfortunately for me, took the same nickname, I could not so no longer connect with it. Before this, I could not play on this server with this account due to the sink problems that were subsequently rectified, the screen remained black on the page "click to pass".

My second account named "Negan Lucille" was created only for the purpose of being able to return to the server following the problem of dead zone on West Point, (still the sinks). long before the first is unusable, because as said before, another player had chosen the same Pseudo (Negan). Two account that I do not use anymore.

My third account. My main account was .Negan. the one with whom, I played all the time.

Fourth account. Olaf Le Grand was a family sharing with my brother who found it very amusing to destroy everything and kill whoever he pleased, I removed it from my family sharing list. If he wants to play, he will buy the game, he is not the one who created the lol bug, he had just started the game, but for inconvenience to the players, I understand his ban. I learned that it was him today, asking him by phone.

Fifth account. An account that only served me to experience new things such as wounding a character and pushing him to the door of death, to see how far the first aid could work, if the windows broken by the Z contaminate or not ( another example among so many others), so as not to lose all my main line. An account, which I no longer used since the end my experiences.

When the sixth account, it served me for the other server when the latter did not respond.

In the day, not understanding my banishment. Ignorant of the facts and gestures of my brother, I of course uninstalled the game and then reinstalled it thinking that it was only a mistake. Then I created a new account to see if the problem persisted. There I began to ask myself questions. So I call my brother, to find out if he had anything to do with this problem, of course, I got pissed on him for at least 1 hour on the phone, when I learned the truth.

Being friends with one of his victims "Jim", I would never have caused him wrong, besides from the beginning, I was not wrong to anyone, I defended myself.

Now I'm banned by my brother's fault, while I respected the players and the rules of the game. I use google translation, so I hope my message will be understood.

That's all I had to say.

Negan and Olaf are not the same guy..... I know Negan and I play with him a lot. Olaf Killed Negan, and Olaf also did some mess in my safehouse... and I'm also the guy who got his generator destroyed by Olaf (he did not only destroy the generators but my car's windows, my 2 stairs and some of my 2nd floor tiles right where my doors are to get me falling. He's such a son of a glitch....! Negan Has nothing to do with it. He does have more than one account but the purpose of it is not to cause trouble... only for testing without risking his character to die because of potential bugs.

But yeah.. This Olaf guy deserve to be banned, in my honnest opinion.

1 hour ago, thejoker954 said:

vehicles are still warping back to their starting position.  They were working for me a few hours ago with a new character, but now that I'm trying to play again it's back to the warping issue.

This will not be fixed until build 40, as we have a backlog of things to test and release (some of them much less risky).

I can one assume it happens beacause the connection to the server is lost temporarily, so the car on the server and the client disagree. We've as yet been unable to reproduce the more severe version; what we can reproduce is the car moving back by a few tiles whenever it collides.

Would love more details on this, though. Does the car only disappear after quitting?

11 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

This will not be fixed until build 40, as we have a backlog of things to test and release (some of them much less risky).

I can one assume it happens beacause the connection to the server is lost temporarily, so the car on the server and the client disagree. We've as yet been unable to reproduce the more severe version; what we can reproduce is the car moving back by a few tiles whenever it collides.

Would love more details on this, though. Does the car only disappear after quitting?

unfortunately for me it happens while driving.   I'll start driving and then 1-2 minutes later (haven't actually timed it yet) the screen goes black and then I'm back where I started.  

If I crash into anything the vehicle retains that damage when it warps back, but if there are zombies around that start location I and the vehicle take damage from them like the car never left that spot. 

I also tried driving some vehicles a short distance and then getting out to see what would happen and the vehicle still ends up warping back but my character is fine and stays in the correct location. 

Fresh characters don't always seem to have this issue, but "old" characters always seem to.  the character i created yesterday was able to drive around and loot. but once I logged off and came back that character could no longer drive without warping back to the position i parked the car before exiting.

I'll update with some video later today when I get a chance to play some more.

also as a side note,  not sure if I've been suuuuper unlucky or if it's just the server setting, but car keys are really hard to find.  Just about every character I've made takes a few real world hours to find a car with a key in/near it, and then most of those end up being out of gas. 

It was frustrating to spend that time looking for a vehicle only to have it warp back, but now that I have a rough eta on the fix, I know not to waste my time searching.

2 hours ago, thejoker954 said:

unfortunately for me it happens while driving.   I'll start driving and then 1-2 minutes later (haven't actually timed it yet) the screen goes black and then I'm back where I started.  

If I crash into anything the vehicle retains that damage when it warps back, but if there are zombies around that start location I and the vehicle take damage from them like the car never left that spot. 

I also tried driving some vehicles a short distance and then getting out to see what would happen and the vehicle still ends up warping back but my character is fine and stays in the correct location. 

Fresh characters don't always seem to have this issue, but "old" characters always seem to.  the character i created yesterday was able to drive around and loot. but once I logged off and came back that character could no longer drive without warping back to the position i parked the car before exiting.

I'll update with some video later today when I get a chance to play some more.

also as a side note,  not sure if I've been suuuuper unlucky or if it's just the server setting, but car keys are really hard to find.  Just about every character I've made takes a few real world hours to find a car with a key in/near it, and then most of those end up being out of gas. 

It was frustrating to spend that time looking for a vehicle only to have it warp back, but now that I have a rough eta on the fix, I know not to waste my time searching.

Very interesting stuff. 

Keys are rare because people took 'em. :P We'll probably have to do another reset.

OK got some footage of the occurrence and even "lucked" out with a random zombie appearing where I parked the car when driving was working. 

I did forget to crash the car to show its still registering the damage taken while driving before it warps back while taking damage from any zombies around the start point. 

Also don't mind the jump from the woods to the parking lot, I cut it out to save some space. and it's not the highest quality for the same reasons.

over all it took around 50 seconds from starting to drive to warping back.

I was actually able to drive around no problem earlier. probably only a little while after the server got turned back on.  I was the only person on and I was able to drive around without warping. I even logged out and back on and it still worked. however, when I logged on a few hours later it was back to warping (this footage).  this time there were other people on the server. I don't know if that actually has anything to do with it or not, but its worth mentioning.

warping.mp4

On 2018-04-27 at 5:08 PM, thejoker954 said:

OK got some footage of the occurrence and even "lucked" out with a random zombie appearing where I parked the car when driving was working. 

I did forget to crash the car to show its still registering the damage taken while driving before it warps back while taking damage from any zombies around the start point. 

Also don't mind the jump from the woods to the parking lot, I cut it out to save some space. and it's not the highest quality for the same reasons.

over all it took around 50 seconds from starting to drive to warping back.

I was actually able to drive around no problem earlier. probably only a little while after the server got turned back on.  I was the only person on and I was able to drive around without warping. I even logged out and back on and it still worked. however, when I logged on a few hours later it was back to warping (this footage).  this time there were other people on the server. I don't know if that actually has anything to do with it or not, but its worth mentioning.

warping.mp4

This is known to me.. Happens to me quit a bit on SPIFFO server. Though I played several hours last night there.. was the only one on... and never warped once..  but hitting zombies, my car would fling into the trees like I hit a ramp or something...

Tonight.. on [Official] SpiffoSpace: Vehicles (142.44.139.43:16261) when I left my safehouse.. drive about 50 meters down the road.. This was the logs. Warped me back to safehouse.

1525303637253 znet: ZNetFriends::OnPersonaStateChange
1525303640621 znet: ZNetFriends::OnPersonaStateChange
1525303657503 znet: ZNetFriends::OnPersonaStateChange
1525303661653 znet: ZNetFriends::OnPersonaStateChange
1525303668974 znet: ZNetFriends::OnPersonaStateChange
1525303676557 znet: ZNetFriends::OnPersonaStateChange
1525303683807 znet: ZNetFriends::OnPersonaStateChange
1525303700899 IsoChunk.removeFromWorld: vehicle wasn't removed from world id=7108
1525303700920 vehicle update() chunk was unloaded id=7108
1525303700922 vehicle update() chunk was unloaded id=7108
1525303700938 vehicle update() chunk was unloaded id=7108
1525303700955 vehicle update() chunk was unloaded id=7108
1525303700971 vehicle update() chunk was unloaded id=7108
1525303700989 vehicle update() chunk was unloaded id=7108
1525303701005 vehicle update() chunk was unloaded id=7108
1525303701021 vehicle update() chunk was unloaded id=7108
1525303701038 vehicle update() chunk was unloaded id=7108
1525303701055 vehicle update() chunk was unloaded id=7108
1525303701071 vehicle update() chunk was unloaded id=7108
1525303701088 vehicle update() chunk was unloaded id=7108