Super Survivors!

nolanri

On 11/13/2018 at 6:49 PM, bobthejob said:

-- super surivirors are annoying with bandages. if they have a dirty or infected injury and you take their bandage off to disinfect it, they quickly put a new bandage back on before you can disinfect and clean them! you can take the bandage off 100 times and they will quickly put it back on. Relax survivor! I just want to take it off and clean it and then I will put a new bandage for you! RELAX!!!! survivior: NO HAHA I DONT TRUST YOU *sigh*

you can literally command them to relax so they won't re-apply the bandages

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely love this mod although as someone has already mentioned the survivors name option that appears when you interact with them and has 'call over' and 'medical check' inside of it doesn't appear when interacting with them through a controller, but only through a right right mouse click. Hopefully this could be fixed in the future although it's not a huge deal.

On another note does anyone know if it's possible to change the names of the survivors? This is a really small issue but it bugs me that your wife/husband is literally just named wife/husband lol. I tried poking around my save files but I couldn't find where to edit names.

Edited by Igams

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2018 at 3:10 PM, Igams said:

On another note does anyone know if it's possible to change the names of the survivors? This is a really small issue but it bugs me that your wife/husband is literally just named wife/husband lol. I tried poking around my save files but I couldn't find where to edit names.

Husband/Wife name

Steam/steamapps/workshop/content/#######/##########/mods/Super-Survivors/media/lua/shared/translate/EN/

File - ContextMenu_EN.txt (line 105-106)

Random NPC name list

Steam/steamapps/workshop/content/#######/##########/mods/Super-Survivors/media/lua/client/1_Dialogue/

File - SuperSurvivorDialogue.lua (starting at line 1113)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. I played SuperSurvivors at single player, all had great!) But now, I want to play with friends using this mod, but when we start multiplayer something gets bad:
- we cant see Survivors other each;

- Survivors don't move;

- and sometimes they become invisible)

That's so funny, but not usability.

So can I use SuperSurvivors in multiplayer? and How?) 

Thanks!

( We use:

PZ 40.43,
Hydrocraft v10.5b,
SuperSurvivors)

Edited by Lyryk

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 1/7/2019 at 4:36 PM, Lyryk said:

Hi guys. I played SuperSurvivors at single player, all had great!) But now, I want to play with friends using this mod, but when we start multiplayer something gets bad:
- we cant see Survivors other each;

- Survivors don't move;

- and sometimes they become invisible)

That's so funny, but not usability.

So can I use SuperSurvivors in multiplayer? and How?) 

Thanks!

( We use:

PZ 40.43,
Hydrocraft v10.5b,
SuperSurvivors)

It's been mentioned multiple times that the mod currently does not, and more than likely will not, support multiplayer.

There's alot that goes into making it multiplayer ready when you do things like this. One would need to sync the AI survivors alongside the players without:
A - Crashing the game

B - Causing insane lag or jamming operations the server is doing by default causing a scheduling nightmare

C - Completely wrecking the JVM container client-side and leaving a hanging instance with the server (It's possible just really improbable, devs made awesome netcode in comparison to other games I've seen)

Not to mention the constant tweaks that'd be needed as updates roll out, such as the fabled animations update that if it hits, will probably break every mod out there until they're updated.

All-in-all this mod, while a GREAT showcase (Amazing work OP, thanks for making this and sharing it for us players) of what the fame is capable of, it's still a rather RAW implementation of it. (another member also said this earlier on in the thread, cudos to you)

Hey is there any way we can get controller support for the context menu?

Not without OP instituting it, or coding it into the mod yourself and recompiling it. I'd advise to wait to see if it's in the pipeline, or look into how to add it yourself. The OP does have a git repo you can look around in to see how you'd maybe try to tackle it: https://github.com/nolanritchie/Super-Survivors

Edited by Globbin
Addressing second point and leaving breadcrumbs to git repo for others if they so want

• 1 month later...

Great mod!

A way to communicate long distance with your group would be nice though, perhaps a unique walkie talkie that allows the "call over actions" from a distance? Also could serve to let you know if a missing survivor from your group is dead with a "But there was no reply" message if you try and contact them? Nothing worse than getting home and finding your survivor friend just gone (until you stumble across their body one day).

How I imagine this is each survivor is assigned a frequency for the two way radio and that's how you keep in contact. Of course you'd need to find or make a couple of radios first though before this option becomes available.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all
First, I want to apologize for my English, I have used a translator.
I want to thank all the people who have cooperated in the creation of this MOD, in some situations the survivors are very outstanding, they also complement that key ingredient that the game lacks and greatly changes the way of playing.

It may be a stupid question, but what do the names in blue or white mean? I know that the color red is an enemy, is it normal for the names of your survivors to change color each time you load the saved game?

I would also like to comment on some bugs or bugs.
- One of the survivors I had, progressively lowered his health until he died, was not injured and had food and water stored.
- The survivors disappear. I have five survivors, and I leave them all at the base. When I move away from the base and after a while, I come back, half of the time some survivor or all have disappeared. Although the survivors are not there, you can call them "T", they answer you but they don't come to you, nor do they reappear. If you leave the game and re-enter, you can no longer call him.
It also happens to me often when I load the game, many times I lack survivors.
- I don't know if it's normal, but sometimes when I give them a firearm, they use it when they feel like it, although I order them to use melee weapons.

I report that I use version 40.43.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hola a todos
Primero, quiero disculparme por mi Inglés, he usado traductor.
Quiero agradecer a toda la gente que ha coperado en la creacción de este MOD, en algunas situaciones los supervivientes son muy extresantes, también complementan ese ingrediente clave que le falta al juego y cambia en gran medida la forma de jugar.

Quizás sea una pregunta estúpida, pero ¿qué significan los nombres en azul o blanco?, se que el color rojo es enemigo, ¿es normal que los nombres de tus supervivientes cambien de color cada vez que cargas la partida guardada?.

También quisiera comentar algunos fallos o bugs.
- Uno de los supervivientes que tuve, le bajó la salud progresivamente hasta que murio, no estaba herido y tenía alimentos y agua guardados.
- Los supervivientes me desaparecen. Yo tengo cinco supervivientes, y yo los dejo a todos en la base. Cuando me alejo de la base y pasado un tiempo, vuelvo , la mitad de las veces me ha desaparecido algún superviviente o todos. Ahunque los supervivientes no están ehí, los puedes llamar "T", ellos te contestan pero no van a tí, ni reaparecen. Si sales del juego y vuelves a entrar, ya no le puedes ni llamar.
También me pasa a menudo cuando cargo la partida, muchas veces me faltan supervivientes.
- No se si es normal, pero a veces cuando les doy un arma de fuego , la usan cuando les da la gana , ahunque les ordene que usen armas de cuerpo a cuerpo.

Informo que uso la versión 40.43.

On 7/28/2019 at 4:02 PM, Okamikurainya said:

Pressing "U" should reload any survivors in your group that have wandered away and teleport them to your position.

Thanks for answering, the survivors have not disappeared again, so I have not been able to try the trick of the "u" key.
What has happened to me again is that another survivor has died, I don't know why this happens. The survivor had food and water, but health began to drop continuously until he died, he also had no injuries.
Does this happen to someone else? it's a mistake? Or are the survivors suicidal? Do they get sick? and if so, why do they get sick? can survivors get sick from nearby bodies?

------------------------------------------------------------------

Gracias por responderme, los supervivientes no me han vuelto a desaparecer, a si que no he podido probar el truco de la tecla "u".
Lo que si que me ha vuelto a pasar , es que se me ha muerto otro superviviente, no se por qué pasa ésto. El superviviente tenía comida y agua, pero la salud le empezó a bajar de forma continua hasta que murio, tampoco tenía heridas.
¿Ésto la pasa a alguien más? ¿es un error? o ¿los supervivientes son suicidas? ¿enferman? y si es así ¿por qué motivo enferman?¿los supervivientes pueden enfermar por los cadáveres cercanos?.

Edited by Camarada

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hello everyone, its been 3 years since i last played PZ. and im playing again because of this awesome mod.
so i have a few problems:
1. Farming - every time my farmer harvests crops, instead of my farmer dropping it to the designated food storage, it magically appears in my inventory along with worms and trowel.
2. NPC trying to pass walls - i've surrounded my base (twiggy's) with walls and when my npc workers tries to be usefull by piling corpes or by gathering woods, they always ended up stuck in the wall trying to pass on it. i have to fetch them and order them to follow me inside my base.

ill read the previous comments maybe ill find the answer, but for now ill leave it here.

Edited by Zero Code
typo

• 2 months later...

Good day everyone.

I just came back to PZ after several years and may say that the game has grown inmensely, and that Super Survivors adds a whole new dimension to it and makes it really, really fun.

That said, the companion management could use some improvement. I agree in that taking direct control over them is unrealistic, but even if the "orders" option is fitting maybe during the first days of play it becomes a nuissance quickly. After a few weeks, specially when the group has stablished a permanent colony and the player has several survivors under its wing, a more straightforward method is necesary.

So I suggest a planning board not unlike the Job Board in the Dead State game:

Job_Board.jpg?version=b3ef9b80ce4a14d262

Maybe you can craft it with a board and some paint, or find one in a school or store. You can install it in a wall and use it to set different jobs to your companions. There is no need to chase them, nagging them about what jobs must be done. In a growing, civilized group everyone should happily do their part!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...