Super Survivors!

nolanri

12 minutes ago, nolanri said:

settings + key bindings now set-able in main menu!

-- thanks and some credit to ortman from ORGM mod for creating this file!  I just tweaked it to use my own key bindings! and added support for settings too ~Nolan

Not complaining or demanding credit...I posted this in a tutorial on the forums here the other day for anyone to use, so just clarifying for you:  ORMntMan no longer codes ORGM, thats my stuff in there ;)

1 hour ago, Fenris_Wolf said:

-- thanks and some credit to ortman from ORGM mod for creating this file!  I just tweaked it to use my own key bindings! and added support for settings too ~Nolan

Not complaining or demanding credit...I posted this in a tutorial on the forums here the other day for anyone to use, so just clarifying for you:  ORMntMan no longer codes ORGM, thats my stuff in there ;)

so I should change "ortman" to "Fenris_Wolf"?

edit: and where is the tutorial? did it contain info on options as well as key bindings? cause i sure could have used that like an hour  ago

Edited by nolanri

3 minutes ago, nolanri said:

so I should change "ortman" to "Fenris_Wolf"?

Its actually irreverent, you can remove the line if you want its unnecessary. As I said I posted that whole bit the other day on the forums here for anyone free to include in their mods, and I sure don't expect credit for things I post in tutorials lol. Was just clarifying for you.

Pretty much 95% of whats currently in ORGM is my code, OrMntMan is just handling updates to the workshop page now days. :lol:

17 minutes ago, nolanri said:

edit: and where is the tutorial? did it contain info on options as well as key bindings? cause i sure could have used that like an hour  ago

sorry missed your edit, its doesn't unfortunately  I didn't get around to that part, but the tutorial is here:

https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/23576-lua-adding-custom-user-configurable-hotkeys/

6 hours ago, Minnigin said:

when I press T to get a survivor to talk to me it shows Im calling my other survivor I left back at my base. I was wondering if it was possible to make a UI box to manage survivors, maybe not to some complicated degree but just something to represent your memory like it wouldn't show their skills until you ask them what they know. Also now that they won't sit and starve will they eventually deplete my map of canned and dried foods and water containers? Maybe set it so sometimes they move to another house and sometimes not that way it could simulate how some people would be way too afraid to leave their little safehouse once it's sealed up. But never past a certain amount of houses eliminating said problem.

edit : I also wish I could control what they ate before they decide sometimes, Elizabeth drank all my fresh milk so I took her to the nearest horde

A UI showing our party members with some options ya I'll probably do.

the t key is meant to only call party members, to call a random, wild, non party member survivor over press y

Edited by nolanri

19 minutes ago, nolanri said:

A UI showing our party members with some options ya I'll probably do.

the t key is meant to only call party members, to call a random, wild, non party member survivor over press y

Nice UI's are sweet, ya I saw I was pressing the wrong one shortly after I posted that

9 hours ago, DramaSetter said:

Better no, or with tiny chance, because it was annoying.

• Wife spawn (should I add it again?)

I put it back on the update I'm working on now(not yet released).

but it defaults to Off. So just people who want it can turn it on.

Role play trying to keep your wife alive is kind of fun sometimes, but yeah wives can definitely be annoying other times.

On 3/15/2018 at 6:56 AM, nolanri said:

Stuff I plan on adding soon:

• a simple story mode with quests involving unique survivors

How is that going to work? Are you going to make scripts or something like that? And if you do, are people going to be able to add little stories too into it? It could be great having collaborations on stories from the community. 

19 hours ago, Blasted_Taco said:

How is that going to work? Are you going to make scripts or something like that? And if you do, are people going to be able to add little stories too into it? It could be great having collaborations on stories from the community. 

hmm i dont see much how it could be an easy to make thing for anyone by community.   but anway i have in mind this simple scenario something like:
you choose the "Story Mode" spawn point. and you spawn in a house upstairs near town.  Wife comes up stairs with coffee surpized you just woke up only now and scolds you for your laziness.  she and you both work at a clinic in town, your a doctor shes a nurse.  so you eventually drive to work, or maybe wife drives you...   and you have a patient who is critical,  he eventually dies in a treatment room right when you and wife are out of the room, and he turns into zombie starts eating other nurse who screems and such. and you and wife go back in and see the horror. etc. and then zombie spawn back on and pretty much normal zomboid takes over from there...

but anyway im gonna work on group mechanics for now first.

I really like the story mode there.  You could also have simple little stories for other professions.  Nothing is simple though so that's definitely a later request.

Is there any possibility of having survivors drive cars?  I don't know how you could program them to stay on a road or not crash, but that would be awesome 

1 hour ago, SonaGX said:

I really like the story mode there.  You could also have simple little stories for other professions.  Nothing is simple though so that's definitely a later request.

Is there any possibility of having survivors drive cars?  I don't know how you could program them to stay on a road or not crash, but that would be awesome 

Driving in general would be very hard. But a spesific route from a spesific point to other point should be pretty do able. Which is what I would do in such a quest mode

4 hours ago, nolanri said:

hmm i dont see much how it could be an easy to make thing for anyone by community.   but anway i have in mind this simple scenario something like:
you choose the "Story Mode" spawn point. and you spawn in a house upstairs near town.  Wife comes up stairs with coffee surpized you just woke up only now and scolds you for your laziness.  she and you both work at a clinic in town, your a doctor shes a nurse.  so you eventually drive to work, or maybe wife drives you...   and you have a patient who is critical,  he eventually dies in a treatment room right when you and wife are out of the room, and he turns into zombie starts eating other nurse who screems and such. and you and wife go back in and see the horror. etc. and then zombie spawn back on and pretty much normal zomboid takes over from there...

but anyway im gonna work on group mechanics for now first.

That sounds great, i hope that you can do it in the future. 

However i agree, priority should be the group mechanics and the spawning of hostile NPCs and the likes of it, seriously man you are killing it with this mod, it makes PZ feels great. 

Agreed with all the comments above.  This mod is amazing.  The most important fix for me right now is a fix to the NPCs getting stuck in their path and bouncing back and forth in place.  The NPCs seem to get stuck just doing normal pathing while following me through a field.  I can break that by calling them, but have had a few survivors get bitten while stuck.  It resulted in them not fighting back.

Edited by SonaGX

You can now turn off infinite ammo. Survivors will grab near by ammo if they run out or u can give them more, then they will re equip gun once they get more ammo.

@Fenris_Wolf

for your compatibility patch, on top of whatever else you did. You'll need to overwrite a few more functions in utilities file. Which define what ammo boxes make what bullets and the counts of how many bullets are in each box type.  This info is normally in unbox recipies but right now I don't know how to retreive it so I did it this way.

also you can press u to see a gui window with your group, though it's still a WIP.

also if a random survivor happens to spawn with 3 points in Doctor, which is quite rare, they will get a "Doctor" prefix to their name. So you know they can perform the Doctor order

21 minutes ago, nolanri said:

You'll need to overwrite a few more functions in utilities file. Which define what ammo boxes make what bullets and the counts of how many bullets are in each box type.  This info is normally in unbox recipies but right now I don't know how to retreive it so I did it this way.

this was actually on the todo list for a while now for the compatibility patch. I was planning on waiting until the new mods code base matures and stabilizes though before relooking at the new patch so I'm not constantly playing catchup with w/e changes you make. Since I have to harass OrMntMan to update the workshop page the steam version is often several versions behind whats available on the forums here.

Hello. I've got this mod up and running today and instanly encountered a problem (I'm on a 39.5 vehicles build and also using Hydrocraft & ORGM): when I try to grab some items my character refuses to do that and this message is put into console log.

Spoiler

5ab38a5310e70_2018-03-2215_47_45-ProjectZomboid64_exe.jpg.3d75bfcdcf84ef4b59f8641c475f3330.jpg

Edited by Rusty_knight
fix image

Got another bug when trying to fill an empty tin can with water from a kitchen sink. Can gets filled, name gets changed to "tin can with water", but the gauge meter on it is empty and after that I can't drop the can from inventory or move it to another container. Subsequent tries to fill it with water from other sources also doesn't work.

50 minutes ago, Rusty_knight said:

Got another bug when trying to fill an empty tin can with water from a kitchen sink. Can gets filled, name gets changed to "tin can with water", but the gauge meter on it is empty and after that I can't drop the can from inventory or move it to another container. Subsequent tries to fill it with water from other sources also doesn't work.

I believe i have this stuff fixed but i can't release until the next version of vehicles comes out.