Super Survivors!

nolanri

Hello. I want to share my game experience with this great mod.

I decided to play without a zombie. Tuned the mod in such a way, that the spawning NPC and in particular the raiders were as frequent as possible. Respectively, the greatest chance of meeting aggressive NPC with weapons in their hands. At the beginning of the game it seemed to me that everything is pretty trite. But later I realized that I was constantly looking around, and stopping for the night I had to barricade the doors and windows. For one week I was attacked twice. The first time it was two NPC, which I managed to kill with cold weapons. The second time my house was attacked by four armed raiders, whom I shot with weapons that I took from the first two guys.  But they had nothing but weapons. In fact, they always have in their inventory empty bags. I would like to find in them at least a couple of cans of stew, or some kind of instrument.

So I have a question - is it possible to specify a certain loot in raiders bags?

p.s.

Thanks to the author of this mod for his work. I wish you the best of luck in your future projects.

1 hour ago, Claus said:

Hello. I want to share my game experience with this great mod.

I decided to play without a zombie. Tuned the mod in such a way, that the spawning NPC and in particular the raiders were as frequent as possible. Respectively, the greatest chance of meeting aggressive NPC with weapons in their hands. At the beginning of the game it seemed to me that everything is pretty trite. But later I realized that I was constantly looking around, and stopping for the night I had to barricade the doors and windows. For one week I was attacked twice. The first time it was two NPC, which I managed to kill with cold weapons. The second time my house was attacked by four armed raiders, whom I shot with weapons that I took from the first two guys.  But they had nothing but weapons. In fact, they always have in their inventory empty bags. I would like to find in them at least a couple of cans of stew, or some kind of instrument.

So I have a question - is it possible to specify a certain loot in raiders bags?

p.s.

Thanks to the author of this mod for his work. I wish you the best of luck in your future projects.

That's a good idea. They should have some good loot on them to reward you for the trouble of killing them.  It's a simple change so I'll try to add it soon.

2 hours ago, nolanri said:

That's a good idea. They should have some good loot on them to reward you for the trouble of killing them.  It's a simple change so I'll try to add it soon.

It would be great to make this thing optional, or customizable. I mean, the number of loot in bags. First of all, the raiders are guided by hunger. so it would be strange to find on the corpse a full bag

By the way, I really liked how NPC try to escape at the sight of greater danger (for example, if they have a knife and you have a gun in hand). Or trying to hide, in an attempt to bandage the wound. So one day I pursued a hostile NPC when he escaped into the forest. And i found his body two days later - he died of a loss of blood. Just as I tried to hide from the pursuers among the trees, and I succeeded. When I ran to the left, they continued to run forward. All these small details make the game versatile for the gameplay.

hmm... Anyone else getting a campfire error with update 40.9 ??

After commenting out campfire/speech lines, it will load.... but it seems now all survivor speech appears over players avatar... This gets pretty congested and difficult to read with any more than one or two NPCs...

Any idea why this may be happening with the update ?

Edited by Arsenal26
clarification

The new update is causing some errors. Some tasks are unable to be done now. Barricading - the survivor seems to be stuck in place making the noises but not doing anything. Farming - just throws up an error.

@Arsenal26, there's response on the steam page regarding that:

nolanritchie:

As far as the talk text problem in IWBUMS, it does not look like there is a way to "fix" it. the chat text is processed per player ID instead of per player object. And these NPCs are all technically player Objects with the same ID as main player. There is nothing that can be just changed in the mod to change that, and no simple change to game engine to suggest to devs either.

7 hours ago, Gacsam said:

@Arsenal26, there's response on the steam page regarding that:

Good lookin out!!  nice to know OP is aware... We can just hope he gets a chance to look into it. I was really starting to think this Mod was going to fill the void from now till 2024 when official NPC's is released...

joke... just a joke... come on... 

So i'm trying a workaround for the speech clutter issue... Using this minor adjustment to the SuperSurvivor:Speak() function located in Media/Lua/Client/SuperSurvivor.lua (at approx line 800) sorry no precise line#, my file has a bunch of stuff added...

We can filter out any NPC talking who is not within conversation range (currently testing 10)...

Just for fun, I added a couple more ranges where speech is displayed as inaudible as such :

"..." for 10-19 squares away

".." for 20-29 squares away

"." for 30-39 squares away

anything 40+ won't appear at all....

These further utterings do not specify NPC name, so all you know is someone who is not a zombie is saying something... and the number of dots gives you an idea approximately how far they are...  It effectively prevents screen spam as NPC's run away screaming at least until they get 10 squares away... then you just get the dots, which is kind of funny for some reason...

function SuperSurvivor:Speak(text)
        local me = getSpecificPlayer(0)
        local distance = getDistanceBetween(self.player,me)
            if(SpeakEnabled) then
                if (distance < 10) then
                    self.player:Say(tostring(self:getName())..": "..tostring(text))

-- these can be left out if all you want to do is filter at a certain range without inaudible "dots" registering
                elseif (distance < 20) then
                    self.player:Say("...")
                elseif (distance < 30) then
                    self.player:Say("..")
                elseif (distance < 40) then
                    self.player:Say(".")

end
            end
end

Not trying to call this a anything other than a workaround that makes it slightly less annoying than present state with the update...

Random thought.... we can use groupID to filter out any NPC not in your group... not sure if that would be fun though.. nah, that would kind of suck, and make it seem like they're speaking another language.... disregard...

Another random thought.... We know that it's still possible to display "speech" for other objects which aren't the player, because TV's and Radio's still work the same with their scripted text displaying properly above them... Couldn't find the radio/tv code in the lua.... but then again I wasn't looking too hard either....   not sure if it would help in a proper fix....

Edited by Arsenal26
ocd

• 2 weeks later...

There's something I want to talk about it, is that NPC sometimes doing something beyond the player,

for example, I always seen the NPC getting chase by the zombie hordes, and they can somehow walking straight into the hordes, and come out safety, and they can even doing that when attacked by the zombies, if the player is attacked by the zombies, they will getting speed penalty, whichs moveing slower that usually, the NPC, somehow, dosn't have the same problem, they can always getting out the hordes surround anytime, and they can even doing that with sprints, that's really blows my mind, right now, I can always seen a bunch NPC that led a whole hordes going what ever they please, also they sometimes stand still after climb over fence or something.

I mean, come on! Why does the npc getting such favour?

Edited by Veyron

18 hours ago, Veyron said:

walking straight into the hordes, and come out safety,

Not always.... they do get bitten, scratched, etc... and bleed to death just like the player character... Do a Medical check on NPC's in your group after they get attacked, you will see that they also receive injuries.

When I first started using the SuperSurvivors Mod, I recall that NPC's appeared to be less affected by Zombies as well...  That is, until I started trying to keep them alive in my group.... Then you quickly realize they are not invincible as you may have thought initially..

8 hours ago, Arsenal26 said:

Not always.... they do get bitten, scratched, etc... and bleed to death just like the player character... Do a Medical check on NPC's in your group after they get attacked, you will see that they also receive injuries.

When I first started using the SuperSurvivors Mod, I recall that NPC's appeared to be less affected by Zombies as well...  That is, until I started trying to keep them alive in my group.... Then you quickly realize they are not invincible as you may have thought initially..

But they can still escape the hordes, I saw a NPC getting bit, attacked and surrounded by zombies, and he/she can still sprinting right on middle the hordes and even getting out?? That just dosn't make sence, player will be slow down if they are bit or attacked by zombies, they wont getting ability to run, I tried, is not work, but the NPC can, right now, I can always seen a NPC been followed by bunch zombies right behind him/her, and he/she just running like crazy, screwing around with zombies, did they ever getting exhaustion?

Edited by Veyron

8 hours ago, Bejasc said:

Indeed, it looks like this is the mod causing you errors, not Super Survivors.

On 17.09.2018 at 11:59 PM, EnterTheNameHere said:

From the look to the error message, this doesn't look it comes from SuperSurvivors - what other mods are you using?

Hm-m, I dunno why, but Let Me Speak is conflicting with Super Survivors on new version. 

Anyway, thanks for help. 

On 9/14/2018 at 1:03 AM, Veyron said:

There's something I want to talk about it, is that NPC sometimes doing something beyond the player,

for example, I always seen the NPC getting chase by the zombie hordes, and they can somehow walking straight into the hordes, and come out safety, and they can even doing that when attacked by the zombies, if the player is attacked by the zombies, they will getting speed penalty, whichs moveing slower that usually, the NPC, somehow, dosn't have the same problem, they can always getting out the hordes surround anytime, and they can even doing that with sprints, that's really blows my mind, right now, I can always seen a bunch NPC that led a whole hordes going what ever they please, also they sometimes stand still after climb over fence or something.

I mean, come on! Why does the npc getting such favour?

You actually have the same ability to magically storm out of or through hordes as they do. It's a little know fact but, i have reported it as a bug while back. How you do it is by simply using the "Walk To" option when right clicking on the ground. Which makes your character move by path finding and not by the normal movement controls.  When in this state, zombie slow does not effect you.  This is the same way these NPCs move which is why they don't get slowed. Try it out yourself right now, if your quick with your mouse you can escape zombies grasps with it, but like the previous poster said, it doesn't meant you wont come out of there unscratched.

I did mess around at one point in manually slowing their pathfind speed when attacking zombies are detected. It had a small effect but ya they still kind of power through most situations where you could not do so with using normal controls.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you for creating this mod, it brings a lot of life to this game. I have a question. Is it possible to add equipment options to survivors? for example, so that you can go to him and take all the things he collected to inventory. Just as it happens when you approach other containers or furniture.

Forgive me for my English, I hope you'll answer me. Keep a good job

Edited by tomas

12 hours ago, bobthejob said:

I'm so excited about this mod but I don't have the steam version so I will never be able to download this mod! Please post an alternate direct download link Please!!! :(

http://undeniable.info/pz/SuperSurvivors.zip    from 1st page of this topic O_o

Extract this file to folder c:/users/nameyourcomputer/Zomboid/mods

Edited by tomas

On 11/10/2018 at 9:25 AM, tomas said:

http://undeniable.info/pz/SuperSurvivors.zip    from 1st page of this topic O_o

Extract this file to folder c:/users/nameyourcomputer/Zomboid/mods

OOPS! thank you! I really thank you for your help. I don't know how I missed it! :o I tried this mod out now and I have to say it's really fun having some friends around to keep me company at my base! I strongly reccomend using the cheat menu mod and necroforge together with this because of their teleportation and "GPS" functionality as well as regional map mod by a very kind and great modder! (I have trouble with name sorry!)

https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/24384-regional-map/

Because this helps you to avoid getting lost and forgetting where your base is and never seeing your super survivor friends ever again :(!!!!!

I think this mod is great so I will give my feedback to help the mod become better.

-- your super survivor friends like to be very spazzy and walk very fast in and out of every door inside your base forever (which helps to make them appear busy and is good) but also drives me crazy because they never stop *open door* *SLAM* *walk noise* *open door* *SLAM* *walk noise* *open door* *SLAM* *walk noise* *open door* *SLAM* *walk noise* *open door* *SLAM* *walk noise* *open door* *SLAM* *walk noise* *open door* *SLAM* *walk noise* *open door* *SLAM* *walk noise* *open door* *SLAM* *walk noise* *open door* *SLAM* *walk noise* *open door* *SLAM* *walk noise*

-this happens even when they have no jobs or things to do.

--there is no way to tell all survivors to go do "all" jobs at the same time like auto-assign farmers and doctors and guards and tree and object and corpse movers and barricaders according to skill- player must call over a survivor (even if right next to them) then tell them to do a task, repeat for every survivor.

--there is no way to tell survivors to barricade both the inside and outside of all a buildings windows (secret! you can barricade a window inside and outside for double protection!) survivors will only barricade the inside.

-- sometimes your super survivors (you give them order FARMING) will be given a task and then just not do it even if they have all the tools needed. one farm I told them to "FARMING" and gave them water. They watered the plants and the plants grew and we had food. then we moved (and I changed the zone settings) and we went to what looked like a hotel/university???? and I set up farm # 2 and gave everything to them the same. I told them "FARMING" and they said "ok!" and they don't water the plants........

-- super survivors like to be where dangerous dangerous fire is! when I make a fire to burn a bunch of garbage they love running through the fire like bugs attracted to a zapper. I think the fire makes them want to go near it. when there's no fire they stay away, but with fire they run straight through it and get burned and scream "ah it bit me!" yes yes the fire bite you hurrrrr haha.

-- super surivirors are annoying with bandages. if they have a dirty or infected injury and you take their bandage off to disinfect it, they quickly put a new bandage back on before you can disinfect and clean them! you can take the bandage off 100 times and they will quickly put it back on. Relax survivor! I just want to take it off and clean it and then I will put a new bandage for you! RELAX!!!! survivior: NO HAHA I DONT TRUST YOU *sigh*

-- when walking with a survivor or maybe even a group from location to location, I will try to sneak past some zomboids and avoid fighting. The zomboids didn't see us yet, but I can't stop my super suvivors from deciding to attack. they will stop following me and run to go attack a zomboid that's not far away, but far enough we didn't get spotted yet.

--super survivors never seem to sleep

--I found a bath/shower combo and water was still working. many super survivors complained they didn't have a bath since they couldn't remember when and I found no way to make them go get cleaned up.

I hope this helped the mod maker. God bless!

Do you know of a place where I can download (direct linked) zomboid mods from a big up to date list? I only have like 8 mods but I know there are many more. I would love to download 100! :)

Edited by bobthejob