Super Survivors!

nolanri

51 minutes ago, Rusty_knight said:

Can I do something about that bugged water containers before the fix is out? I can disable the mod, but then I won't be able to load a save...

try it now, i updated with the fixes but without the group pvp stuff and the sprinting stuff

1 hour ago, nolanri said:

try it now, i updated with the fixes but without the group pvp stuff and the sprinting stuff

Thanks. I was able to put away the bugged water bottle. But the problem with stuff of a dead survivor being impossible to pick up remains.

8 hours ago, nolanri said:

Wait what? You can't take stuff from corpse? One thing? Or anything? Did u try other corpses? Did you try all this on a new game since update or loaded old game?

Yeah, sorry I wasn't specific enough in the previous post (one with the screenshot of a console). An aggressive guy was trying to kill me with a golf club, but I've managed to batter him to his death first. And when I've tried to loot his body I wasn't able to transfer any of the items.

It's something with the code from line 35 in the 

Super Survivors\media\lua\client\TimedActions\ISGrabItemAction.lua

Other corpses (zombies) are fine, and no, I haven't started a new game yet.

Also, an option to completely disable spawning of other survivors would be neat.

Edited by Rusty_knight

With the vehicle update yesterday, Survivors can now sprint.  And no more friendly fire on your group members even if pvp is on.
survivor vs survivor ai is a bit better, not just attacking other players like they do zombies when they come too close. They will sprint after you if they see you even from far away.  loose line of sight for a while and they will give up thier pursuit.  or get some zombies between you and them to distract them to get away. or you can fight it out of course.

with that note, to help you fight it out, iv also updated the stand alone armor mod, it has most of the findable armor from hc, like swat, riot and kevlar armors.  Which can also be traded for with advanced trading post mod enabled.

Here's a suggestion:

I understand this would be much, much later down the road... but what about a kind of "zombie kill squad" or a group of (at least 6) survivors who randomly come through to massacre zombies, say some cool s*** and then bounce.

You can't recruit or join them. You can attack them, but you'll die 99.9% of the time - because they're badass.

Basically, their purpose in the game is just as a badass crew of zombie killers.

Maybe have an option to control how often they appear in the game. Kind of like the meta events. All the meta events in the game so far (and the Sadistic AI Director) are designed to kill you, or at least scare you half to death.

The Zombie Kill Squad could be like a good meta event option.

Added ability to select your territory / base

Right click on the ground and choose select area. Then Left click and hold on the ground and move your mouse around to select an area and declare it as your base territory.

This will be useful as Survivors can now be given different AI / behavior for when they are in base as compared to not being in base. Like if out of base, loot some stuff, if in base, find some work to do etc.

Added Return to Base Order. Will return to base even if the survivor exits the loaded cell while attempting to return to base, they will still make it back.

Pile Corpses order added

General fixes and improvements

here is a video demonstrating how to select your base: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c1fsOhc6VQ

Hey Nolan

Can you make more preset survivors like npc group guarding a warehouse or other important/big buildings like supermarket and gives you a risk and reward vibes.

Can you also gives the survivor a trust ability. If you talk and give them foods they increase their trust in you and might tell         you something about their stories and might hint you about their old bases full of foods, guns or ammo

Can you also make some survivors that can trade with you with a preset homemade building

Can you also give a group of survivors a group formation whenever they fighting zombies like when 2 survivors fighting back to back or 5 survivors compressing to each other to fight a large horde

Can you some survivors group a mission like some of them fights zombies or going to a certain place and clear the area

I am LOVING this. So much. Thank you for changing the game at a foundational level, AGAIN.

Is there currently a way to deploy party commands? Such as "call all party members in range," and then in discussion with them, tell all party members to "loot for food?" 

UPDATE:

To go along with the recent ability to select locations, such as the location of your base, and locations of where to store things etc. Using said selected base locations, Survivors can now go to work themselves. Survivors in or around the base, will try to keep themselves busy even if you don't tell them what to do. W/e they choose to do, they will stop and return to base after doing that thing for a reasonable amount of time.

A Survivor in the "Worker" Role will do these things:

Chop wood. Try and find an axe and go chop down near by trees in the area or in the designated chopping area.

Forage. Area must be designated for them to do this, they will go to designated foraging area and forage for a while. then bring back and drop all they found in the Food storage area.

Pile Corpses. Will go and pickup and pile corpses in the designated pile corpses area. If Take coprses area is selected, they will only pickup corpses in that area.

Gather Wood. Will go and take Logs or planks from the general area, or the designated wood gather area, and bring it back to center base or to the designated wood storage area.

Relax. Relax around the base for a bit.

A Survivor in the Guard Role, will Patrol the designated Guard area, or relax around the base for a bit.

A Survivor in the Doctor Role will go to the medical storage area and assume the Doctor Order.

The raiders are back!
Raiders event Added!
You have a nice cozy base with food and weapons stores and such! how nice! well these guys want what you have! If you have a base and you are in your base, there is a small chance for raiders to appear who plan to take your base by force!
Tweakable settings on how often this event will occure have been added to settings.
If raiders come while you are sleeping you will automatically wake up.

9 minutes ago, trombonaught said:

Are you required to have a actually designated a base (through area selection) for this to work?

Yes, though the house you spawn in,(if you spawn in a house) is marked as your base by default. so its a possibility there too.

marking your base helps in many other ways too. like easy to prevent survivors or raiders from spawning IN your base since your base area is marked.

Edited by nolanri

33 minutes ago, nolanri said:

Yes, though the house you spawn in,(if you spawn in a house) is marked as your base by default. so its a possibility there too.

marking your base helps in many other ways too. like easy to prevent survivors or raiders from spawning IN your base since your base area is marked.

Thanks (for EVERYTHING). I noticed the survivors speak of their buddy Nolan- I REALLY REALLY HOPE that the final official cast of story-linked NPCs have a Nolan among them as well. Lord knows you've put the work in to earn it.

update:
options compacted to fit on smaller screens.
survivors who have guns, but not equipped, will draw their guns if they spot hostiles or raiders coming, and go back to using mele when the fighting ends
Hilltop has been converted to a real live group, like players group. workers there take on various tasks by themselves.
Also survivor spawn rate options are now more sensitive, though "Normal" has not changed

Hi! Great mod!

I was trying to fine tune the mod to my taste but i'm having trouble to configure it, since i can't find any help anywhere about the options

SpawnRate 4
WifeSpawn 2
GunSpawnRate 3
HostileSpawnRate 3
InfinitAmmo 2
SurvivorFriendliness 3
SurvivorHunger 1
WepSpawnRate 5
FindWork 1
MaxHostileSpawnRate 17
RaidersAtLeastHours 12
RaidersAfterHours 8
RaidersChance 3
LockNLoad 1

Can someone tell me what each one of these do and what are their acceptable values/function ?

You can now give a Survivor Armor from the "Armor Mod" . Have the armor in your inventory unequipped and then call and right click on a survivor for option to give armors. You can see the armors they have equipped in the survivor info window. 

If wife AND Ready for battle mode is enabled. Wife will also get the guns & or armor that your player gets in this mode. 

Fixed problem with survivors not cutting wood unless close to trees

Main menu options now have a scroll bar for those with screens to small to see all options

22 hours ago, PsyWeed said:

Hi! Great mod!

I was trying to fine tune the mod to my taste but i'm having trouble to configure it, since i can't find any help anywhere about the options

SpawnRate 4
WifeSpawn 2
GunSpawnRate 3
HostileSpawnRate 3
InfinitAmmo 2
SurvivorFriendliness 3
SurvivorHunger 1
WepSpawnRate 5
FindWork 1
MaxHostileSpawnRate 17
RaidersAtLeastHours 12
RaidersAfterHours 8
RaidersChance 3
LockNLoad 1

Can someone tell me what each one of these do and what are their acceptable values/function ?

I Think most of these are pretty obvious if you look at them from the main menu options. Not sure why your looking at the code names of them in the codes.