Buyable Traits Mod

Fenris_Wolf

So, your 8 months into the outbreak. You've got more skill points then you can spend in a lifetime. Your character is kicking ass, but....you're regretting that negative trait you picked on character creation....or your wishing you had picked that positive one...but its too late now right?

WRONG!

Now with the Buyable Traits mod you can spend those unused skill points on something useful!

3.thumb.jpg.a6261b0a1096a5eaa0094ace26f7512b.jpg

By default, adding/removing traits costs x4 as many points as the initial character creation.

Learning a new trait grants all skill levels, and free recipes it normally would.

Traits can be blacklisted from being added or removed (such as the Overweight in the screenshot above)

Profession/free traits cannot be added or removed, negative traits cannot be added, and positive ones cannot be removed.

Double clicking on a trait will bring up a confirmation box.

This should support traits added by 3rd party mods as well.

No refunds.

Visa and Mastercard not accepted.

Support for game controllers is doubtful at this time (I lack one to properly test)

Current Version: 1.00-stable

Download:  https://downloads.tekagis.ca/ProjectZomboidMods/BuyableTraits.zip

Github Development: https://github.com/FWolfe/BuyableTraits

Credit goes to @Sparrow for demanding this be a thing ;)

Edited by Fenris_Wolf

Going to skip my usual alpha/beta-rc/stable release system and move this directly into stable.

I see no issues and little room for further refinement, except for proper controller support.

* cleaned up the code

* fixed to use proper translations in as many places as possible (except popup confirmation dialog)

* removed redundant files

If you had the 1.00-alpha version installed, delete it before installing 1.00-stable. A lua script has been removed, it will cause issues if you dont.

I've tested this with the More Traits mod, the More Meds mod and a few other mods that add traits. They all work well and it's pretty handy, especially with More Traits, as you can buy some pretty expensive traits later in the game that really benefit your gameplay.

Funny thing about More Meds I haven't tried is the ability to purchase blood types. I'm afraid if I buy another my character might explode, but best case scenario I will be able to purchase ALL of the blood types and have universal super blood. :D More meds would probably need a compatibility patch so you can't do anything goofy like buy off your diabetes. 0_o

20 minutes ago, Sparrow said:

I'm afraid if I buy another my character might explode, but best case scenario I will be able to purchase ALL of the blood types and have universal super blood. :D More meds would probably need a compatibility patch so you can't do anything goofy like buy off your diabetes. 0_o

Are the blood type traits not set mutually exclusive? I've never played with the mod..i'd assume they would be to keep people from picking more then 1 initially, which would prevent being able to buy another type with this mod. Mutually exclusive traits cant be bought if you have another one...ie: to buy fast reader, you need to get rid of your slow reader trait first.

As for diabetes, you can blacklist traits fairly easy, and a compatibility patch would be simple

if TraitBlackListTable then

table.insert(TraitBlackListTable, "some_trait_name")

-- add more traits here

end

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/13/2018 at 2:21 PM, Fenris_Wolf said:

Are the blood type traits not set mutually exclusive? I've never played with the mod..i'd assume they would be to keep people from picking more then 1 initially, which would prevent being able to buy another type with this mod.

With OZ More Meds you don't pick your blood type. It randomly assigns you one at the start of the game. If you manage not to have a blood type you die instantly.